Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I did not expect this much of a response. I'm going to pay my $20 and return to the shadows, lol.
    How many tens of thousands of people do we have on the forum?
    And if only 1 percent decide to respond, that's still a big number.

Everywhere in life. Some will agree with you. Some will disagree with you.
    There's just a lot of people here.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I just had a GREAT idea. @texkev needs to make a change to the policy. No more free access to the classifieds. Period.

To use the classifieds you EITHER need to pay $20/year for site supporter status.

-OR-

Those who want to access the classifieds without site supporter status EACH party pays a 1% commission to TK per sale. Buyer pays a 1% premium to buy that rifle, Seller pays 1% to TK. So for that $100 cricket rifle, I'd owe TK $10 and the seller would owe him $10. My out of of pocket would be $110 for the rifle, and in the end the seller would only get $90 of it.

If one party is a site supporter, their 1% would not be collected.

I doubt it would workable, but it sure makes the $20 per year sound much better.
    I hate to be THAT person and risk being banned, but a math lesson is due. 1% of 100 is one. 10% of 100 is 10. :oldwise: I am using old math, new math might be different.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    While we are on membership fees.… the cut of sales I think is a nonstarter…. I think there might be some acceptance of a 2 tier supporter fee. Keep the $20 supporter, then have another gold membership for maybe $50.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I wasn't trying to start an argument with anyone. However this does give an example of why I don't post. I do not profess to be the most knowledgeable about anything. Nor am I ignorant. I agree, $20 a year is not much. It has been my experience, if you ask a question, there is always someone waiting to pounce and call you stupid for asking. If you give an opinion, there is always someone waiting to point out why you are totally wrong. I am not interested in selling anything. I am not asking for or expecting an exception. I was looking to make a purchase or find a place to make a purchase. Actually there are several items I would like to purchase or have wanted to purchase. Not interested in any drama .
    Lots of things here to post about. I been on here for years without being a member, Just reading posts of things that interested me. Finally joined up and paid the 20. People are different, there will be different opinions about everything. Easy to interact with mostly like minded people here. Some of us hunt some don't. SOme may have 2 or 3 fire arms some may have 100. Some eat pineapple on pizza, most don't, but its still ok if you do.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I did not expect this much of a response. I'm going to pay my $20 and return to the shadows, lol.
    I think most are just trying to welcome you here. You could post about what you had for breakfast or even what you are watching on TV. There has been anti gun people and others join just to cause problems.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Lots of things here to post about. I been on here for years without being a member, Just reading posts of things that interested me. Finally joined up and paid the 20. People are different, there will be different opinions about everything. Easy to interact with mostly like minded people here. Some of us hunt some don't. SOme may have 2 or 3 fire arms some may have 100. Some eat pineapple on pizza, most don't, but its still ok if you do.
    Hawaiian-BBQ-Pizza-8.jpg

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    I think most are just trying to welcome you here. You could post about what you had for breakfast or even what you are watching on TV. There has been anti gun people and others join just to cause problems.
    Exactly….Bullies and Trolls have no boundaries…..Then comes the personal attacks!

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Exactly….Bullies and Trolls have no boundaries…..Then comes the personal attacks!
    Gotta love Trolls. lol Been fighting one for about a year on a comic book movie forum. Also managed to get him worked up so much that 4 of his profiles have been removed within this last year. Sometimes its so amusing to beat them at their own game. lol

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Gotta love Trolls. lol Been fighting one for about a year on a comic book movie forum. Also managed to get him worked up so much that 4 of his profiles have been removed within this last year. Sometimes its so amusing to beat them at their own game. lol
    And I don’t appreciate it. Those shill accounts are hard to come by

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Another forum I frequent, for its high signal to noise ratio, where many members are people whose names you’d recognize (or people doing serious work whose names you would not recognize), and where the opinions expressed in your posts will often be challenged if they’re not backed by sound reasoning and/or experience - has a no pay no play policy.

If you aren’t a site supporter, you don’t participate in the for sale or trade sub forum. It’s that simple.

INGO’s 50 quality post option is both generous and benevolent.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom