Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just had a GREAT idea. @texkev needs to make a change to the policy. No more free access to the classifieds. Period.

To use the classifieds you EITHER need to pay $20/year for site supporter status.

-OR-

Those who want to access the classifieds without site supporter status EACH party pays a 1% commission to TK per sale. Buyer pays a 1% premium to buy that rifle, Seller pays 1% to TK. So for that $100 cricket rifle, I'd owe TK $10 and the seller would owe him $10. My out of of pocket would be $110 for the rifle, and in the end the seller would only get $90 of it.

If one party is a site supporter, their 1% would not be collected.

I doubt it would workable, but it sure makes the $20 per year sound much better.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just dont get the resistance to drop a $20 and be done with it. Its not that much money. You drop more than that at Outback without blinking.

Its $20 per YEAR. Not $20/ad or $20/month.

And if you are here to sell, you'll make up that portrait of Jackson on your first sale.

And mods dont even get a cut of that, so its not like we push it to line our own pockets.

/rant
    You know Cm... if the five of us on the staff WHO ARE VOLUNTEERS got a cut from classifieds sales... there would be a very different dynamic here at INGO.

I'm glad things are how they are here. I do feel like it is important to mention this occasionally,

BradV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I wasn't trying to start an argument with anyone. However this does give an example of why I don't post. I do not profess to be the most knowledgeable about anything. Nor am I ignorant. I agree, $20 a year is not much. It has been my experience, if you ask a question, there is always someone waiting to pounce and call you stupid for asking. If you give an opinion, there is always someone waiting to point out why you are totally wrong. I am not interested in selling anything. I am not asking for or expecting an exception. I was looking to make a purchase or find a place to make a purchase. Actually there are several items I would like to purchase or have wanted to purchase. Not interested in any drama .

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wasn't trying to start an argument with anyone. However this does give an example of why I don't post. I do not profess to be the most knowledgeable about anything. Nor am I ignorant. I agree, $20 a year is not much. It has been my experience, if you ask a question, there is always someone waiting to pounce and call you stupid for asking. If you give an opinion, there is always someone waiting to point out why you are totally wrong. I am not interested in selling anything. I am not asking for or expecting an exception. I was looking to make a purchase or find a place to make a purchase. Actually there are several items I would like to purchase or have wanted to purchase. Not interested in any drama .
    The most drama free path is site supporter. You dont have to expel any energy to "people" and you get to buy/sell. I get not wanting to "people" I get that way in real life sometimes.

And as to the pouncing? Develop thicker skin. If you dont care what the idiot who is pouncing says it doesnt matter. Their opinion only matters to you if you care enough to take it personally.

Oh, and I harbor no ill will for your asking this question. You have an opinion and you are entitled to it. You do you. hopefully this thred enlightened you as to the why of the classifieds setup.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've only used the classifieds once and that was eons ago. Wonder if there is a way that people can't see them
    unless they are a site supporter or have 50 posts. Doesn't a person need a set amount of posts to message
    another member? Maybe a set up like that and the entire problem would be eliminated.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Brad! Dude!! You started one thread and there were over 160 posts as the result. Keep doing what you are doing.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Where were you called stupid?
    (You weren’t, that member would have been called out by at least the mods for name calling/insulting)

People agree, people disagree, all day long. Don’t take it so serious, or personal, and you can learn a lot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think people get tired of stating the reasons 4 times a day. Because newvies don't read the other posts or the intro rules. So they might get a little snippy.

This.

And yes, some members tend to be a little fast to jump and claim "runner".
    At least in my opinion.

But, one of the reasons is, how many newbs have joined up and yelled because they can't have their way.
    Not saying the OP, or you, is one of them.
    But it happens over and over and over and over.
    Some, take the advice, stay on, and have fun.
    Some throw their hands up and leave.
    And some throw a temper tantrum and flame out.

Personally, I hate seeing people leave.
    But, if they don't want to talk or listen, well then this forum is probably not for them.

It is primarily a forum. Discussion. Talking and/or listening.
    Trading is a "side effect".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've only used the classifieds once and that was eons ago. Wonder if there is a way that people can't see them
    unless they are a site supporter or have 50 posts. Doesn't a person need a set amount of posts to message
    another member? Maybe a set up like that and the entire problem would be eliminated.
    There is a saying here "Come for the classifieds, stay for the people." TK gets a LOT of traffic due to the classifieds and many stick around even without buying.

He's not going to lose that much google referral traffic and I dont blame him one bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom