• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    All the media chatter seems to be about who did it. How they did it. What it does to the intelligentsia community.

WTF about us? The American people? OUR EFFING GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON ALL OF WITHOUT A WARRANT.
    From what I can tell, these documents don't actually make that (small) jump.

The docs reveal that they have the tools to do so, but not that they actually are.

That somewhat goes back to why this isn't deemed more newsworthy - people already kinda know this, or assume it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From what I can tell, these documents don't actually make that (small) jump.

The docs reveal that they have the tools to do so, but not that they actually are.

That somewhat goes back to why this isn't deemed more newsworthy - people already kinda know this, or assume it.

Oh. So just because they can doesn't mean they do or have? I'm gonna be brash and assume the most likely, that they do and have.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ....The docs reveal that they have the tools to do so, but not that they actually are.

nicholson.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    New tranche of docs - including possible source code - released today. Reportage seems to focus on CIA ability to make payloads look like they are from Russia, China, NK, or Iran.

While a forensic nightmare, also reasonable to believe those countries have the ability to make their code look like it is from each other and the US.

Wonder what Kaspersky will say about that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    New tranche of docs - including possible source code - released today. Reportage seems to focus on CIA ability to make payloads look like they are from Russia, China, NK, or Iran.

While a forensic nightmare, also reasonable to believe those countries have the ability to make their code look like it is from each other and the US.

Wonder what Kaspersky will say about that.

That's of relevance in current events.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It could be that Russia embedded fake information within the leaks to make people think that it's a CIA false flag.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or, that the CIA made it seem like the Russians embedded fake information to throw people off to the fact that it was real.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A lot of the times my posts to the INGO server would appear to come from Canada. It isn't that hard.
    But, more seriously, that's not what they're talking about. :) (I think you know that.)

This is actually making the code appear to have been compiled by/coded by people in other countries. Some of this would be somewhat simple - like using Google translate for comments or something. It sounds more like they have something automated that they could run operational code through that would do the spoofing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But, more seriously, that's not what they're talking about. :) (I think you know that.)

This is actually making the code appear to have been compiled by/coded by people in other countries. Some of this would be somewhat simple - like using Google translate for comments or something. It sounds more like they have something automated that they could run operational code through that would do the spoofing.
    I don't think my gnu c compiler stamps anything made in russia. lots of coders don't use comments in their programs. there is a lot of code floating around the internet. you can end up with a script that has several different languages involved and that could be without any intent to do so.

Top Bottom