Will Marijuana be legalized under Trump?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Big Pharma doesn't care about MJ. It's not a wonder drug. It's a pleasant depressant (to some) and a great placebo.

Big pharma cares about all the street drugs, they are the same drugs they sell just unregulated and at a discount.

What do you contend keeps the politicians from removing MJ as a schedule 1 drug/illegal in states? It's surely not that pot is really that dangerous.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Big Pharma doesn't care about MJ. It's not a wonder drug. It's a pleasant depressant (to some) and a great placebo.

That's just simply a false statement. There are multiple cases of CBD being extremely affective in helping brain damage, gastrointestional issues, anxiety, and many other issues people have. We haven't even seen the full capabilities that Marijuana has because people fight the testing of it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

If it's a great placebo, then that reduces drug sales a ton right there. Of course they care about pot.

But the big loser is government. They have to lose power over something. They have to defund something. And it is a way they can throw people in jail or bring them in as informants if they can't get anything else on them.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    No interest in using it, haven't smoked any in 35 years.....But I do hope it's legalized. Instead of wasting millions of dollars to chase it down, and millions more to incarcerate people, I would rather see the tax dollars that it would produce.

I know people living in Washington, Oregon and Colorado....The legalization has produced one big problem, what to do with all of the cash that goes to the state in taxes. The people I know out there (mid-20's and early 30s) tell me that 99% of the people buying legal MJ were buying it before it was legal, the folks already using it.

Agreed! I don't feel the need to mess with the weed anymore for myself....but it's such a massive waste of time and our tax dollars. That's the whole issue though...soooo many spokes in the war on drugs wheel now that all want paid. When MJ was reclassified to the same group of drugs as heroine and cocaine; it was really just a means to funnel more money into the militarization of our law enforcement engine. I think that Mr Trump has an opportunity to make some necessary changes in our social protocol; while some will be appreciated by most, some will ultimately make hard core right wingers unhappy. While I highly doubt he will ever endorse federal legalization of MJ, simply because he ran republican versus independent, but he will do nothing to prevent future states from jumping on the money wagon. I also think he will ruffle some hard core NRA feathers by taking a common sense stance on firearm sales when it comes to registration and checks. I've never had a deep seated fear of the man taking my guns, and have never had an issue with registration. With that being said....it is my right as a law abiding citizen to own firearms, and will always support the right to bear arms. However, I will never understand the all or nothing approach.....why in the world would any citizen object to making it a little more difficult for someone on the terror watch list to buy a weapon. A little prevailing common sense will go along way on many issues, and I really think this is Trumps true colors, which will become more evident a year or two into his term....to the dismay of all those on the hard right and hard left both.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Agreed! I don't feel the need to mess with the weed anymore for myself....but it's such a massive waste of time and our tax dollars. That's the whole issue though...soooo many spokes in the war on drugs wheel now that all want paid. When MJ was reclassified to the same group of drugs as heroine and cocaine; it was really just a means to funnel more money into the militarization of our law enforcement engine. I think that Mr Trump has an opportunity to make some necessary changes in our social protocol; while some will be appreciated by most, some will ultimately make hard core right wingers unhappy. While I highly doubt he will ever endorse federal legalization of MJ, simply because he ran republican versus independent, but he will do nothing to prevent future states from jumping on the money wagon. I also think he will ruffle some hard core NRA feathers by taking a common sense stance on firearm sales when it comes to registration and checks. I've never had a deep seated fear of the man taking my guns, and have never had an issue with registration. With that being said....it is my right as a law abiding citizen to own firearms, and will always support the right to bear arms. However, I will never understand the all or nothing approach.....why in the world would any citizen object to making it a little more difficult for someone on the terror watch list to buy a weapon. A little prevailing common sense will go along way on many issues, and I really think this is Trumps true colors, which will become more evident a year or two into his term....to the dismay of all those on the hard right and hard left both.

youre about to get loved tenderly for this response Lolz

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Man, you couldn't tell that by some of the memes a couple of my FB friends post up with regularity. I was beginning to think it could cure everything.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Mind if I ask why you are totally against the legalizing weed?

Personal experience. Let's just say that I saw a lot in "My formative years". That means mid 60s through today. I gave it up in '77. I haven't drank since 2000. My brain is clear enough to remember clearly.
    Do I think things would change if legal?
    Parts would I'm sure. There's still an element that will always be attached that's not desirable.
    I'm no ****ing saint. I'd never claim to be. I have seen a deeper side of that life than most wouldn't imagine existed.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Personal experience. Let's just say that I saw a lot in "My formative years". That means mid 60s through today. I gave it up in '77. I haven't drank since 2000. My brain is clear enough to remember clearly.
    Do I think things would change if legal?
    Parts would I'm sure. There's still an element that will always be attached that's not desirable.
    I'm no ****ing saint. I'd never claim to be. I have seen a deeper side of that life than most wouldn't imagine existed.

Ahh so like shrooms? DMT?

Top Bottom