Will Marijuana be legalized under Trump?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think stopping locking potheads up would be a good start. Make room in jails and prisons for REAL criminals. If they insist on it being illegal, it should be a fine and community service. Maybe just a fine. Putting people in a cage over possession of a plant is ridiculous.

Now if they did manage to legalize and tax it, even better.

Baby steps. Baby steps.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    MJ isn't the headache that some illegals have shown themselves to be. This is a broad statement only directed at the criminals, mules, and gangs.
    I'm totally AGAINST legalized pot and my opinion is only personal derived from direct knowledge.

I'll second that. My new found faith is what delivered me back in 1980.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't see how trump can slam sanctuary cities that defy federal law and at the same time allow states to defy the Feds on MJ.

so... Will he sue the states, remove it as a schedule I drug, or will it continue to be status quo?

I was wondering the same. Personally I think it should be legal, but if Trump is actually going to go after sanctuary cities for defying federal law, it would seem consistent that he'd go after the states that legalized MJ.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Remember, Trump is a populist, not an idealist. He's going to do what he thinks people think will make America great again. People view illegal aliens a source of crime, depression on wages, etc. so it's a no-brainer-populist move to want to address it. I suspect if he believes people think jailing people over "a plant" is an outrage and a waste of taxpayer dollars, he'll be on that bandwagon too.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Personal experience. Let's just say that I saw a lot in "My formative years". That means mid 60s through today. I gave it up in '77. I haven't drank since 2000. My brain is clear enough to remember clearly.
    Do I think things would change if legal?
    Parts would I'm sure. There's still an element that will always be attached that's not desirable.
    I'm no ****ing saint. I'd never claim to be. I have seen a deeper side of that life than most wouldn't imagine existed.

I'm not trying to get smart or anything just trying to understand. You don't want it legalized, because you gave it up?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I doubt he likes the idea of legalizing weed, but as part of an effort to reduce prosecution for ridiculous charges and help get people back to work, I could see him opting to do it pragmatically.

I was wondering the same. Personally I think it should be legal, but if Trump is actually going to go after sanctuary cities for defying federal law, it would seem consistent that he'd go after the states that legalized MJ.

Apples and oranges.

He hates sanctuary cities because of them promoting illegal immigration, not because of them defying the government.
    Even if he says otherwise, this much should be blatantly obvious by everything he's said and stood for.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Exactly, I think the reefer madness 'it'll make blacks rape our girls' crowd is a dying breed and politicians are grasping at straws in trying to think of reasons to keep it illegal.

Reefer Madness. A while back my youngest son mentioned watching it on YouTube, he said it was hilarious. He was a bit taken aback when I told him it wasn't a comedy.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Cancer patients smoking pot? I don't care. Is smoked marijuana medicine? No. Should it be in the same DEA Schedule as heroin? I don't think so. Do I know that guy from school who's been pretty much brain-dead since junior high? Yes, and so do you.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Cancer patients smoking pot? I don't care. Is smoked marijuana medicine? No. Should it be in the same DEA Schedule as heroin? I don't think so. Do I know that guy from school who's been pretty much brain-dead since junior high? Yes, and so do you.

I know many very successful people who smoke pot, very smart also. I think there have been proven studies that smoked marijuana can be used as medicine.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know many very successful people who smoke pot, very smart also. I think there have been proven studies that smoked marijuana can be used as medicine.
    You mean that glaucoma study that's been going on since the 70s? There are very successful people who sell pot too. I think they are called "drug dealers". Would you invite them into your home?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I doubt he likes the idea of legalizing weed, but as part of an effort to reduce prosecution for ridiculous charges and help get people back to work, I could see him opting to do it pragmatically.

Apples and oranges.

He hates sanctuary cities because of them promoting illegal immigration, not because of them defying the government.
    Even if he says otherwise, this much should be blatantly obvious by everything he's said and stood for.

I think there is plenty of evidence that he doesn't like being defied. But yes, I've said since the primaries that he's a pragmatic guy and not ideological. Of course, he may simply not care whether those states legalize MJ or not.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In the same way we allow people to make wine and beer for themselves, we should allow people to grow marijuana for their own use.
    BUT it should remain illegal to deal it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Are we letting Jimb slide? I just want to be sure before I derail the thread to address his comment. I can totally let it slide if that's what we're doing.

Top Bottom