Will Marijuana be legalized under Trump?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    If it's not medicine, then it has to be in the same dea schedule as heroin

btw, why is it that THC in capsule form is available by prescription, but if you grow your own the man puts you away for a few years?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the same way we allow people to make wine and beer for themselves, we should allow people to grow marijuana for their own use.
    BUT it should remain illegal to deal it.

Yet another govt permission slip? No thank you. Business, between parties, especially consenting individuals, should be beyond the purview of govt. Do I like the idea of legalizing drugs? No. But I shouldn't use the govt to force my morality on another.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Can someone please remind me again why we're regulating ANYTHING an adult wants to put in their body? I really don't care if someone wants to shoot bleach into their veins. It's their right, and I could care less.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can someone please remind me again why we're regulating ANYTHING an adult wants to put in their body? I really don't care if someone wants to shoot bleach into their veins. It's their right, and I could care less.

"That means you do care. At least a little."

Al Yankovic.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You mean that glaucoma study that's been going on since the 70s? There are very successful people who sell pot too. I think they are called "drug dealers". Would you invite them into your home?

This really just sounds like you are saying anyone that smokes marijuana or sells it is a terrible person. Sounds very closed minded to be honest. And no, there are other studies that have been done with THC and CBD. You would be very surprised to see the benefits that can be had from this natural plant you seem to be so scared of.

Edit: Do you not associate with people who drink beer/wine/whiskey also? If so, you should rethink that because there are many more deaths and injuries tied to those than marijuana.

Last edited:

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Agreed! I don't feel the need to mess with the weed anymore for myself....but it's such a massive waste of time and our tax dollars. That's the whole issue though...soooo many spokes in the war on drugs wheel now that all want paid. When MJ was reclassified to the same group of drugs as heroine and cocaine; it was really just a means to funnel more money into the militarization of our law enforcement engine.

I think that Mr Trump has an opportunity to make some necessary changes in our social protocol; while some will be appreciated by most, some will ultimately make hard core right wingers unhappy. While I highly doubt he will ever endorse federal legalization of MJ, simply because he ran republican versus independent, but he will do nothing to prevent future states from jumping on the money wagon.

I also think he will ruffle some hard core NRA feathers by taking a common sense stance on firearm sales when it comes to registration and checks. I've never had a deep seated fear of the man taking my guns, and have never had an issue with registration. With that being said....it is my right as a law abiding citizen to own firearms, and will always support the right to bear arms. However, I will never understand the all or nothing approach.....why in the world would any citizen object to making it a little more difficult for someone on the terror watch list to buy a weapon. A little prevailing common sense will go along way on many issues, and I really think this is Trumps true colors, which will become more evident a year or two into his term....to the dismay of all those on the hard right and hard left both.

Added paragraphs and bold emphasis for people that didn't read due to the mass of text.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This really just sounds like you are saying anyone that smokes marijuana or sells it is a terrible person. Sounds very closed minded to be honest. And no, there are other studies that have been done with THC and CBD. You would be very surprised to see the benefits that can be had from this natural plant you seem to be so scared of.

There are also studies that show long term use of THC kinda ****s up yer mind. But I'm still in favor of legalization. It's your right to **** up your mind if you want, as long as there's an understanding that if you **** up your mind so much that you can't hold a job to support yourself, there'll be no taxpayer funded public assistance for you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ..... It's your right to **** up your mind if you want, ...........

Yep, I couldn't care less. Your life, I can only offer advice, you do what you want.

T.....an understanding that if you **** up your mind so much that you can't hold a job to support yourself, there'll be no taxpayer funded public assistance for you.

Double yep.

To go a bit further if you are addicted to a drug and you can't hold a job as a result and turn to CRIME against another person to get that drug..... may the full weight of the law be brought down upon your head... mandatory minimum sentences.
    "oh that's terrible!" "It's legal, don't **** it up."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because sometimes the people who put these things in there body also do bad things.

Yes, the reason is as stupid as it sounds.

It would probably be an easier sell if coupled with the legislation were a ban on using public funds to prop up derelicts.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It would probably be an easier sell if coupled with the legislation were a ban on using public funds to prop up derelicts.

What about the kids? Do the neglected kids get public funds because their parent(s) decide to do drugs and choose to no longer provide for them?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What about the kids? Do the neglected kids get public funds because their parent(s) decide to do drugs and choose to no longer provide for them?

I'm okay with legalization, I just think the consequences of legalization should be thought out first. I guess I'm okay with taxing the MJ sales above the normal sales tax, to defray the societal costs. We've discussed the whammy that goes with socializing the costs of poor decisions. If you expect the state to pay for your mistakes, the state has a right to tax you for making those decisions. You put nanny in your life, nanny will naturally nanny you.

Top Bottom