Will Marijuana be legalized under Trump?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMachine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    "There will always be a fight against guns as long as we a society accept the use of weapons at all. Knives and brass knuckles being legal is a problem. This is where the Australians have it right. :twocents:"

FTFY

As a left-leaning gun owner, I look forward to seeing conservatives try to argue against states rights on this issue :)

Last edited:

TheMachine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I removed the quote blocks, sorry.

If my marijuana use affects you the same amount your gun ownership affects me, then what's the issue?

I have no issue with the feds regulating it in a smart manner. I'm just amazed that personal liberty gets thrown out the door when it doesn't have to do with guns(see also: abortion, marriage, bathrooms, etc.)

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    If they needed an amendment for alcohol then they need an amendment for drugs.

The law is the law.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If my marijuana use affects you the same amount your gun ownership affects me, then what's the issue?

I have no issue with the feds regulating it in a smart manner. I'm just amazed that personal liberty gets thrown out the door when it doesn't have to do with guns(see also: abortion, marriage, bathrooms, etc.)

Are you a gun owner.....?????

You will be swimming against the current in this place.....just saying.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My argument is that we have allowed some intoxicants, yet not others. I think we should go the route of NO intoxicants. Other than societal approval, why should we influence our mental status and with poisons?

Let alone the poor effect on health of ourselves and others, why do we think it's cool to put chemicals into our bodies to effect mentality?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There will always be a fight against other drugs as long as we a society accept the use of intoxicants at all. Alcohol and tobacco being legal is a problem. This is where the Muslims have it right. :twocents:

Few countries have an outright ban on alcohol, although the religion itself does seem to ban alcohol outright. (I say "seem" because there was no prohibition, but then early on, alcohol got a bit more restrcted in that you just weren't supposed to drink during the day time or when you were supposed to be doing something else like working or praying. As folks seem to have had an issue with obeying those rules, it became completely prohibited due to their lack of self control. Even some of the prophets had issues with alcohol on occasion (looking at you, Noah) The majority view is that it remains prohibited to all.) Qatar allows it in hotel bars and there's a gov't ran package liquor store you can buy a permit to shop at. Jordan has regular liquor stores. Bahrain you can at least drink in the hotels, not sure about "outside". There are pretty serious penalties for DUI (and there's no hoops to jump through like here, if you smell like alcohol and you crash = DUI). I think Saudi has an outright ban, but Saudi is everyone's no fun older brother.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This guy knows how to start things the right way. Well done sir. I agree, it's the same type of thing, and this all rings true. bwframe is refusing to recognize that his position of impinging on peoples freedoms is much like liberals impinging on his firearm rights. We need to reverse all of the victim-less crime laws. No victim, no crime. It should be that dang simple.

"There will always be a fight against guns as long as we a society accept the use of weapons at all. Knives and brass knuckles being legal is a problem. This is where the Australians have it right. :twocents:"

FTFY

As a left-leaning gun owner, I look forward to seeing conservatives try to argue against states rights on this issue :)

I'm pretty sure he's pointing out how insane bwframe's position is by showing you how insane it sounds when you replace one right (to put whatever you want in your body) with another (your right to own a firearm). Sarcasm doesn't read well, though. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt at this point since he's new. Or maybe troll.

Are you a gun owner.....?????

You will be swimming against the current in this place.....just saying.

TheMachine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks seedubs, yep sarcasm doesn't come across well in text, and I ASSumed that the "FTFY" would get the sarcasm across. Clearly it was less successful than I'd hoped.

I do indeed own a gun, I even ordered an "evil" assult rifle (hope to pick it up this weekend). I know better than to get too involved in the politics of this forum, but I couldn't help myself when I saw a gun owner argue against personal liberty ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks seedubs, yep sarcasm doesn't come across well in text, and I ASSumed that the "FTFY" would get the sarcasm across. Clearly it was less successful than I'd hoped.

I do indeed own a gun, I even ordered an "evil" assult rifle (hope to pick it up this weekend). I know better than to get too involved in the politics of this forum, but I couldn't help myself when I saw a gun owner argue against personal liberty ;)

Just putting you up on the front line.
    Purple for sarcasm.
    Thanks for the response...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Insane because I don't think we should intentionally affect our brain functions with foreign chemicals? That's me I guess... :dunno:

psyko

The fact that we have accepted this behavior for centuries while we have grown huge professional and private organizations to help people away from the poisons is puzzling. The same as standing by to watch the hordes of homeless users who care about nothing other than the bottle grow to rot our society and use our public resources.

^^^ That's just the legal stuff that we tout as cool. Alcohol and tobacco. The "relaxing" buzz effect of the chemicals that make us believe that chemical use is good. Doesn't even mention the chemical use mentality that lead a lot to the illegal stuff, the stuff we are discussing here. The next steps; crack, heroin, etc...

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm an anti-gunner because you disagree with my opinion. :rolleyes:

^^^ That :poop:'s getting old real fast.
    Some of you all should study up to back up your side of the discussion rather than failing attempts to insult those you disagree with. :twocents:

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

5 Facts About Marijuana and Driving High

1. Marijuana slows your reaction time and ability to make decisions
    2. The higher you are, the more risks you take while driving

3. The effect of marijuana is strongest during the first hour
    4. Drivers can be tested for THC after being pulled over
    5. Combining alcohol and marijuana is even more dangerous

Hurting me and mine through carelessness and indifference can be ... dangerous
    [h=4][/h]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    5 Facts About Marijuana and Driving High

1. Marijuana slows your reaction time and ability to make decisions
    2. The higher you are, the more risks you take while driving

3. The effect of marijuana is strongest during the first hour
    4. Drivers can be tested for THC after being pulled over
    5. Combining alcohol and marijuana is even more dangerous

Hurting me and mine through carelessness and indifference can be ... dangerous
    [h=4][/h]

On the last sentence......"YES"

Top Bottom