• indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Thanks to johntheplinker for reminding me :crying:

Remington 700 PSS in .308, AI AICS, Leopold Mark 4 6.5-20x50mm.

M700-12-07-002.jpg

This one doesn't **** me off as much as the M1-D, but it's close.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I wish I hadn't sold my mdl 19 S&W or my SA 1911 enhanced, or my Marlin 1894, or my Marlin 1895, or my 20g 1100, or my Ithaca 51, or my S&W 66, or my Ruger 77 .338, or my Mini 14, or any of three 870s, or my Colt HBAR, There are others but these I do miss, especially the 66 and the 51.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Spanish M1893 Mauser. All original, unaltered, 1894 dated, matching numbers throughout, almost certainly captured during the Spanish-American War, and had the most amazing tiger-striped stock. I sold it because I found an 1896 dated one that has a stronger crest on the chamber and better bluing, but it doesn't have the tiger-striped stock. Wish I had kept them both.

LmHFlE2.jpg
    b9AdWxd.jpg
    KjU0AqB.jpg
    CCV6vPy.jpg
    UmiDgnA.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I wish I had the 2.75" Ruger Security-Six back that I once had...traded it for who knows what, realized it a few days later,
    couldn't get into the FFL until a week later, and he had sold it that morning! :(
    Wife wishes she'd never sold her Beretta Cheetah 84 in .380...it was her first gun and she still likes it best!

QBall

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2020
    New Salisbury
    I wish I'd held on to my Colt Double Eagle in .45 ACP.
    It was the Officers ACP version of the Double Eagle so it had a 3.5 inch slide on a full size frame, which is just stupid. But none the less I wish I still had the gun. It was extremely accurate.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've sold a few firearms that I ended up regretting and ended up replacing a short time later. So far the only firearm that I've ever sold and been unable to replace is a Rasheed. The Rasheed is a scaled down version of the Ljungman and Hakim designed to fire 7.62x39. The reason that I regret selling it is that they are pretty rare with only about 8,000 produced.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    40 years ago I had a Mossberg 243 in excellent condition. It has a full length Mannlicher stock & a flat "butterknife" bolt handle. Never even shot it, but it was unique. Never saw another like it.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Parents bought me a Winchester 94 30/30 when I turned 18, first center fire rifle. Not worth much just wish I had it. Had a yellow box Ruger single six in stainless, that was a fun pistol.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I sweat every purchase so I generally don’t have any regrets. I’ve only traded in or sold a few common Glocks and a P320 that they guys at Acme kept for themselves. I’d taken the FCG apart and polished the sliding surfaces and installed a GGI flat trigger and then kept Sig from “fixing” it. To this day it’s the nicest striker trigger I’ve ever fired. Yes I’ve shot P10s and PPQs and all manner of aftermarket Glock triggers.

But it’s not exactly rare or hard to duplicate.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Smith wheelguns are the shizz. I don't think most people sell them because they don't like them or want them. They sell them out of necessity.

Usually the story I hear too. But sometimes older collectors are looking for some ROI and thin their herd before they might be sold for cents on the dollar by a family member who inherits them. That's the sad situation I've heard several sellers say they are in...no one to really pass them down too. I hear that story from my LGS owner also when they acquire a collection.

Last edited:

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    My first pistol was a Springfield Armory 1911A1 that I bought from a college roommate while at school. It was an early one that you had to build yourself from a kit. I worked on that thing to get it to shoot good and reliable, even with hollow points. It was a beast to carry, but I did. Went shooting one day with a guy from work who was a deputy on the Bremen police force and was trying to find a dependable sidearm. He shot my pistol and he had to have it. After weeks of offers, I finally caved in and sold it. His offers got to be enough that I figured I could get something better. It was a good shooter and I regret selling it because its replacement was a major disappointment.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    only regret selling scopes with some rifles....
    like Weaver K10 bought new @galyans in Plainfield 1971.

I do regret getting rid of many rifles & still having a TON of reloading Dies & bullets...brass
    like 32 win special, 243 win., 45/70,
    270 win. 300 weatherby, 22/250 rem.

just keep thinking about buying some of these back just to shoot up the components since very hard to market components.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Bought and sold a few. My regret guns were, a S&W M29, 6" bbl, Nickel Finish. Also had a S&W 629 Snub 2.75 in bbl, with factory combat grips(wooden)(Lew Horton Spec.) Both 44mag/44spec. My loss, someones gain. Never owned another 44 mag handgun. I have older gun magazines with pics of both from mid 80's. Memories.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Spanish M1893 Mauser. All original, unaltered, 1894 dated, matching numbers throughout, almost certainly captured during the Spanish-American War, and had the most amazing tiger-striped stock. I sold it because I found an 1896 dated one that has a stronger crest on the chamber and better bluing, but it doesn't have the tiger-striped stock. Wish I had kept them both.

LmHFlE2.jpg
    b9AdWxd.jpg
    KjU0AqB.jpg
    CCV6vPy.jpg
    UmiDgnA.jpg

That was a beauty.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I've sold a few firearms that I ended up regretting and ended up replacing a short time later. So far the only firearm that I've ever sold and been unable to replace is a Rasheed. The Rasheed is a scaled down version of the Ljungman and Hakim designed to fire 7.62x39. The reason that I regret selling it is that they are pretty rare with only about 8,000 produced.
    I have a Rasheed. two70 pm me if interesed.

Top Bottom