• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Tanfoglio BTA90 in satin with either hard chrome or nickel. I bought it with (gasp!) 3 13 round magazines in San Diego ( Actually National City). Can't remember who bought it...

Hdcharlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    In the AZ desert!!
    Traded with a police department to get an HK PSG1, a genuine one, not the one made from a 91. Will never get that opportunity again. That rifle was the most accurate semi I ever saw. Also, had a Portuguese AR-10 that I'll never be able to find again. Pistol-wise, I'll never be able to replace the Bren 10 I had. Ah, the foolishness when being younger.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Winchester model 94 30-30, trapper model. Bought it 1972 for 79 bucks brand new. Shot a few white tails with it in the UP of Michigan. Great memories.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Not sure I have any. That would be because anything that fell into that category I have re-purchased. I have learned my lesson though, cheaper to buy another safe than replacing guns.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Ruger single six 22 lr. Had the. 22 mag cylinder, 5 1/2 in barrel. Paid 225.00 for it sold for 250.00 can't believe what they cost now. Really should have kept that gun as I still love single action revolvers and the Rough Rider just doesn't compare.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    The closest I could come would be my red box P320... On the flip side, those funds paid for a Dan Wesson 15-2, and I now work for Sig, so if I want to replace the P320, it would be a non issue...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Forty years ago picked up a 45-70 Model 1884 in a Louisiana pool hall. It had never been used. Still had machine shop shavings inside the lock from when it had been built. The moving parts, lock, windage adjustment screw threads, everything still had zero wear on the blueing. Paid a hundred dollars for it.

I didn't sell it but it disappeared.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    One or two I wouldn't mind still having, but I don't regret most of the ones I've sold, fortunately.

I got a 3" Smith & Wesson Model 10 from a member here. At the time I was grabbing up any cheap K-frame I could find, and really had no business doing so. I couldn't really afford it, I had no money in the bank. I ended up selling in when my brother borrowed my then girlfriend's keys to use her car to give his a jump. He didn't connect the cables in the proper fashion, and then her car wouldn't start. The repair bill was nearly $400, and he refused to pay it. She threatened to take him to small claims Court - and I believe she would have, she was not one to be trifled with. I sold the gun, paid the repair bill and kept the peace.

Second is a 2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19-6. That was a nice gun. I had wanted one for over a decade when I got that. Not the most collectible variant, but that wasn't the point. It was still a FINE revolver, and I loved shooting it. Again, I had more guns than I could truly afford, and wasn't saving money like I should have been. When push came to shove, I needed (what felt like at the time) a BIG down payment for a house I was going to rent. I had just started getting some money saved after working 2 jobs for over a year and couldn't swallow the idea of taking the money I had worked so hard to save and turning around and spending it all while I had a safe full of guns. The Smith was sold, the house was mine.

Thank you for your indulgence.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One or two I wouldn't mind still having, but I don't regret most of the ones I've sold, fortunately.

I got a 3" Smith & Wesson Model 10 from a member here. At the time I was grabbing up any cheap K-frame I could find, and really had no business doing so. I couldn't really afford it, I had no money in the bank. I ended up selling in when my brother borrowed my then girlfriend's keys to use her car to give his a jump. He didn't connect the cables in the proper fashion, and then her car wouldn't start. The repair bill was nearly $400, and he refused to pay it. She threatened to take him to small claims Court - and I believe she would have, she was not one to be trifled with. I sold the gun, paid the repair bill and kept the peace.

Second is a 2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19-6. That was a nice gun. I had wanted one for over a decade when I got that. Not the most collectible variant, but that wasn't the point. It was still a FINE revolver, and I loved shooting it. Again, I had more guns than I could truly afford, and wasn't saving money like I should have been. When push came to shove, I needed (what felt like at the time) a BIG down payment for a house I was going to rent. I had just started getting some money saved after working 2 jobs for over a year and couldn't swallow the idea of taking the money I had worked so hard to save and turning around and spending it all while I had a safe full of guns. The Smith was sold, the house was mine.

Thank you for your indulgence.

:yesway: You did what you had to do.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    1st Gen HiPoint Carbine. I liked it at the time but needed the cash to pay some bills. Sold it with a few others I really didn't care for. But the new gen HP Carbines really don't look good.

Now I'm going to have to go look and see if I have my Gen 1 stock in the basement in a box. Which if I do, you're welcome to. I had to upgrade because the magwell was too scuffed to drop a mag.
    So a little dremmel work and your good.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Over the years, I've let a few slip through my fingers that I wish I hadn't.

A chinese SKS I payed $99 for and sold for $200 a few years later. I never really liked the gun, I just wish I held my n tI it longer so I could have made more on it when it sold.

A Star FA Target. A great .22 pistol that I didn't realize at the time was as good as I was. I rarely see them offered anymore and when I do they are going for a lot more than I gave back then.

I really regret selling the MAS Model 45 .22LR trainer. I bought it for $100 from Loganspor Shooters Supply sometime in 1986 with a sling and three magazines. A few months later I saw them being offered in Shotgun News for twice that. I can't remember what I sold it for but I know it was a whole lot less than what one goes for now.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    I have more than a few regrets....mostly due to being a young kid that couldn't decide what I wanted and couldn't afford not to sell something in order to buy something else.

-Ruger M77 .223 stainless with boat paddle stock

-Early Ruger P345

-CZ 527 Carbine .223

-Ruger Security Six (the 2nd handgun I ever owned)

- A Gorgeous 12ga Ithaca 37 with a 20" smooth bore slug barrel

That's all I care to think of right now...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    1. My 870 Special Field 20 ga (the first one I had). Nothing great wood wise, but fixed Mod choke 21" killed a lot of stuff, some crazy shots too.

2. Smith 629-3 6". Good all around range/hunting gun.

3. First Ruger #1. It needed a new bbl after a good decade of use, didn't have the coin to get it redone way back. Could have been a cool project now.

Not really bummed they're gone, had many others since. But they were good and purchased at reasonable price.
    To replace them now, eh they just want too much for the "old good" stuff.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I have more than a few regrets....mostly due to being a young kid that couldn't decide what I wanted and couldn't afford not to sell something in order to buy something else.

-Ruger M77 .223 stainless with boat paddle stock

-Early Ruger P345

-CZ 527 Carbine .223

-Ruger Security Six (the 2nd handgun I ever owned)

- A Gorgeous 12ga Ithaca 37 with a 20" smooth bore slug barrel

That's all I care to think of right now...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At least you’ve got better about letting your friends know when you’re letting go of something!!

Top Bottom