Woman, with child, bumps gate at/near White House, police chase, shoot, kill her

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    At the time of her execution, her car was stuck on a median, not moving, her car doors were closed, and was not exiting the car. These are the accounts of the official sources.

Shooting her flies in the face of everything we supposedly use as a standard for deadly force. There was no immediate threat to anyone's life.

Whatever she did prior to getting shot was irrelevant. No immediate threat == deadly force is unjustified.

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    So many feeble minded people .. with that brilliant reasoning , it would be total plausible that lets just say, if you were murdered for speeding to the hospital because a family member was dying and you didn't want to stop because it was only two blocks to the hospital , well then you truly deserve it .. because your all for it .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So many feeble minded people .. with that brilliant reasoning , it would be total plausible that lets just say, if you were murdered for speeding to the hospital because a family member was dying and you didn't want to stop because it was only two blocks to the hospital , well then you truly deserve it .. because your all for it .

What.......................:dunno:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At the time of her execution, her car was stuck on a median, not moving, her car doors were closed, and was not exiting the car. These are the accounts of the official sources.

Shooting her flies in the face of everything we supposedly use as a standard for deadly force. There was no immediate threat to anyone's life.

Whatever she did prior to getting shot was irrelevant. No immediate threat == deadly force is unjustified.

That sounds too much like the BS that Miah and the Cop Block put out.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    She was a fleeing felon, deadly force is authorized as a matter of common law.

:n00b:

That may have been the case right up until 1985 but it certainly is not in 2013. Tenn. v. Garner abrogated the common law rule on fleeing felons and imposes a completely different 14th/5th amendment test for use of deadly force.

I'm not saying that deadly force was not justified in this case, as I believe it was. However, the common law rule you cite has been bad law for decades.

Joe

:yesway:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    She was a fleeing felon, deadly force is authorized as a matter of common law.

Another :n00b: to add to this.

Really? I assume only police can do this though right?

How many stories have been told of "common people" responding to a robbery, break in, etc. at their home or business and if they
    shoot a person fleeing that they are going to be arrested and charged? There was one a while back about a guy that chased someone
    out of his business after they tried to rob him and he shot them as they were running away and he was arrested. I'm not going to bother
    finding the story but I'm sure you know what I am referring to.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

how "stuck" was her vehicle, was she making an attempt to get it "unstuck"?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Another :n00b: to add to this.

Really? I assume only police can do this though right?

How many stories have been told of "common people" responding to a robbery, break in, etc. at their home or business and if they
    shoot a person fleeing that they are going to be arrested and charged? There was one a while back about a guy that chased someone
    out of his business after they tried to rob him and he shot them as they were running away and he was arrested. I'm not going to bother
    finding the story but I'm sure you know what I am referring to.
    the fleeing felon rule is mostly an old timey thing (hence common law)
    In Indiana, she committed at least D felony Battery on a LEO, and D felony criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon. As she was still actively committing the act one act, and attempting the other.

If a guy walks into a shopping mall and starts shooting at people, but hasn't hitanybody, your still justified because he is attempting it with a deadly weapon.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If a guy walks into a shopping mall and starts shooting at people, but hasn't hitanybody, your still justified because he is attempting it with a deadly weapon.

Sorry, I was pontificating on the point about being able to shoot a fleeing felon.
    If the mall shooter guy shoots a few kids and then runs out of the door and someone follows him and caps him it's a high probability that the person shooting the guy is going to jail.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Don't forget the new excuse now to open up on vehicles is that they could be getting ready to detonate a "car bomb". Because black women are notorious for assembling and detonating car bombs in this country.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Sorry, I was pontificating on the point about being able to shoot a fleeing felon.
    If the mall shooter guy shoots a few kids and then runs out of the door and someone follows him and caps him it's a high probability that the person shooting the guy is going to jail.

if you were in fear for the life of a 3rd party

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    you have emperical evidence the car was immobilized? Or just the stuff you saw on TV?

Summary executions unless you can prove innocence with empirical evidence? Did you see that in a movie? Judge Dredd maybe?

Innocence does not require proof.

Official reports said the car was immobilized, door shut, no threat. Show me anything that reported an immediate threat. Or be honest and embrace the police state.

gLLe0qr.jpg

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Summary executions unless you can prove innocence with empirical evidence? Did you see that in a movie? Judge Dredd maybe?

Innocence does not require proof.

Official reports said the car was immobilized, door shut, no threat. Show me anything that reported an immediate threat. Or be honest and embrace the police state.

gLLe0qr.jpg

how is the car immobilized in this picture?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Again...this could have been finished the first time they had her stopped if they had not allowed her an escape route. Very poor job at that point and from there on. Epic fail.

Top Bottom