• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornthorn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    SW9VE. Reliable, but horrible trigger pull. Did all I could to try and make it shootable, but didn't help enough. I'd have no problem using it if I had to, but it never makes it's way into the range bag. It does a good job of holding down my passport in the gun safe though...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ruger Super Redhawk. Whoever started the accepted wisdom that revolvers don't jam never shot that POS. I'm sure it was just my copy, but holy crap was I happy to be rid of it.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Easy..Weatherby .22 semi-auto rifle bought new in the 70s... Had a beautiful stock which was the only good thing, but would not function reliably and was terribly inaccurate. Jap junk.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Walther G22

Walther G22! Horrible trigger pull. Sights were on bullpup stock not in line with barrel. Shot about a 2" group at 25 yards out of a vise. That's 8 MOA in a vise at 25 yards.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Did not actually pay for it, but the worst gun I have ever had the displeasure to own was a Lorcin 9mm. As big and ugly as a hi-point, but heavier and better as a thrown weapon than a firearm.

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    Sig Mosquito, tried about 7 or 8 kinds of ammo, and nothing worked. So I bought it, shot, or tried to shoot it, then sold it, all in less than a week. I also traded for a Taurus 94 Stainless revolver. It would not always turn, would lock up. Had the safety thing on the back, I think there was something wrong with it. I had it for about 2 weeks before I got rid of it.

My Mosquito was great! It shot flawless and was fun to shoot. My dad has it now and hasn't had any issues.

Nate Darlage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can proudly say I have a tie between two: The Browning Buck Mark Target and the Springfield G.I. 1911.

The Browning shot like a dream and was extremely comfortable to hold - but its major design flaw is the screw on top-strap. The screws kept coming loose at the worst times.

The G.I. 1911 was a great lesson to me. I could see why many people had issues with the old army 1911A1 pistols, and why the beaver tail grip safety was such an awesome innovation. Its accuracy (probably my own problems with the grip safety spur jabbing me) was somewhat disappointing, but I traded it for a Springfield Loaded 1911 - and have had no problems with Springfield 1911's since.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    SW9VE. Reliable, but horrible trigger pull. Did all I could to try and make it shootable, but didn't help enough. I'd have no problem using it if I had to, but it never makes it's way into the range bag. It does a good job of holding down my passport in the gun safe though...

I too agree with the 9VE being my worst hand gun ever purchased. Mine had issues with misfires on ever type of ammo I could think to try. 2 trips back to the factory... no joy.. I heard they used a softer metal in the firing pin that caused the mis or non fires...

jimd46902

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Kokomo
    I bought a Ruger SP101 when they first came out, the revolver shot 18 inches low at 10 yards. I have shot alot but I had the range owner shoot it too just in case I was doing something wrong... same result. Sent it back to Ruger, got it back after 3 months with a note that nothing was wrong with the revolver. Went back to the range... same thing, 18 inches low. Sent the Ruger back, when I received the SP101 back the gunsmith had filed the front sight clear down to the top of the rib. Called Ruger, finally got the CEO and he had me send the revolver back and sent me a check for the purchase price.

Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    I gave into the hype and bought a Taurus Magnum Judge 3in barrel right after it came out. New out of the box; I shot it a few times and realized the timing was off after several failures to fire. It was a huge ordeal trying send it back. I eventually had to go back to the store which was two hours away and ship it there. Two months later I drove back to the store to pick it up. Excited to finally shoot it, I set up a full 5 gallon water jug. Deciding on some 2-1/2in Winchester Defense shot shells I paced off ten yards. The three disks penetrated and so did a few of the mini BBs. The rest of the BBs bounced back and hit me in the chest. They didn't draw blood or even welt but it sure scared me. I eventually sold it.

Sims

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Fishers
    Not mine, but I borrowed my Dad's Phoenix Arms HP22. What a piece of garbage. It would jam after every 3-4 shots.

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Haven't found one yet.

But I did find the worst gun for ME was a Ruger LCP. L O N G HEAVY trigger that I could just not get used to.

It went bang everytime though. So I can't say it was the gun.

Top Bottom