• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    tec 9, i bough one once with a 50rd mag. if i had to use that gun in defense i would have dropped the mag and used the mag as a club. 50rds of 9mm in a mag makes a pretty decent bat, but there was no danger of hitting somone with any of the 50rds unless they dodged into one

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Llama 9mm 1911. Biggest piece of junk. Would not feed, plastic plunger housing split (had it replaced), the damn thing had so many sharp edges that it sliced my hands every time I field stripped it. Sold it to a pawn shop as I could not in good faith sell it to anyone I knew.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I really wanted to like the Sig 238 I bought not long after they first came out, the constant jams and the mangled brass (I reload and 380 stuff was hard to come by in 09) made it impossible.

The only good thing about that gun was the fact that the ex-wife got it in the divorce before I got it functioning properly. :D

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Ruger 77/44. Leupold VXII 3 X 9 X 40.
    I can't get this rifle to group at 50yds.
    I've use Hornady LeverRevolution, Rem. 240 gr HP, and handloads consisting of;
    240 gr XTP, 26 grains Lil'Gun, Large pistol primer.
    Everything I have read says the 77/44 likes the 240 XTP
    At the range I gan get 2 touching @50 then the fliers start.
    Yesterday I free floated the barrel, it was amazing how tight the front end stock screw was. It was all I could do to loosen it. It appeared to be a lot of tension coming from the barrel and the front of the stock.
    So I'm going to give it another chance at the range next week.
    Hopefully I'll change my mind as I really want to deer hunt with this.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I bought a High Standard 22 mag over/under derringer new in the early 70's. To load break open, it also cocks the gun. no safety, no trigger guard. Not really the gun you want in your front pocket. Ended up trading it off. Never shot it.

I also bought one of these back in the day. They don't cock when you break them. They're double action. They make a superb BUG.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Para LDA 45 (don't remember the exact model). Paid a pretty penny for this target gun with the intention of shooting in Bullseye competition.

It was very picking about ammo, and would only feed certain kinds of hard ball; forget about semi-wadcutters, which makes for a not so useful Bullseye gun. Contacted Para and was told that they recommend only using Winchester white box 230gr FMJ.

Third range trip with the gun the ambi thumb safety fell off. Returned it to the gun shop, who sent it back to Para for repair. Their explanation of why the thumb safety fell off was because of "part tolerances." Got the gun back and traded it in for a Glock 29 for me and a Kimber for the wife.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I know this will shock some people, but two high end gun manufactures I had problems with.
    The first was a Kimber Ultra CDP, 2 tone, nice looking 1911.
    Could never get it to run properly
    The 2nd was a Knights Armament M4, this is when the ban was on, they were making one with a crowned muzzle and an A2 Flash hider pressed onto the barrel, but the flash hider looked "filled in" because it was on the barrel itself.

Anyway, 2 trips back to knights and I could never get more than 60 rounds out of it without some kind of a failure. And both times Knights made me pay the return shipping and insurance.
    I have never even looked at another Kimber or Knights weapon since.
    My mid-range AR's and 1911's run just fine.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I bought a new in box Smith and Wesson 642, I brought it to the range fired three complete cylinders of standard pressure ammo. On the second shot of the fourth cylinder the internal lock engaged on its own rendering the gun unshootable. Figured it was a fluke so I unlocked it (I had the key with me) fired two more cylinders then on the last shot of the third it locked up again.

Needless to say I sent it back to S&W and had them replace it. As soon as I got it back I sold it. I personally will never own another S&W with a lock. If that would have happened in a life or death situation it could have gotten someone killed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Taurus PT145 Mill Pro 45acp. Really wanted to like this gun.

Liked the size for carry and the way it felt in hand and also the sights but could never get it to function 100% even after the break-in period. I couldn't trust it enough for EDC.

Even had the magazine release button fall out one time on a mag change along with the magazine.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I bought a new in box Smith and Wesson 642, I brought it to the range fired three complete cylinders of standard pressure ammo. On the second shot of the fourth cylinder the internal lock engaged on its own rendering the gun unshootable. Figured it was a fluke so I unlocked it (I had the key with me) fired two more cylinders then on the last shot of the third it locked up again.

Needless to say I sent it back to S&W and had them replace it. As soon as I got it back I sold it. I personally will never own another S&W with a lock. If that would have happened in a life or death situation it could have gotten someone killed.

There are many reports out there of this happening. I will absolutely NOT own a firearm from any manufacturer that utilizes any sort of key-operated locking mechanism. They're death traps.

Top Bottom