• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    Had a Kimber Custom II from back in the day when they were using external extractors. Would usually not feed/extract 3 out of 8 rounds. The thing was junk. Sold it to a guy who said he'd use it to practice "gunsmithing" on, a few months later Kimber started exchanging old external extractor slides for new internal extractor slides. Second Kimber I had ran awesome.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Walther PPK/S. It came with more sharp edges than a cheese grater and has never run well enough to make it to carry status. I think I have close to 500 rounds through it and it still hangs up with an FTF in every other mag of ammo. I really want to like this gun, but until it works like a gun, it's just a pretty thingamajig that sits in the safe. If Bersa can make a decent PPK style gun, why can't Walther (or S&W, who built this one).

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I briefly owned what I though was a Beretta BM-59...

...it turned out to really be a "Golden State M-59", which is built from a de-milled (torch-cut) M1 Garand receiver (front-half) welded to a cast heel-section. The barrel was built from cut-down 1903 and M1 parts pressed together. The receiver and trigger were modified to accept BM-59 magazines, and the rifle was fitted-out with a few other real Beretta parts. The whole thing was put together in California, with a "Licensed by P.Beretta " rollmark.

That thing was a piece of junk. I never fired it, but I was able to repeatedly dis-mount (or sieze) the operating rod by manipulating it...by hand. If you ever come across one of these rifles run, don't walk away, no matter how good the story sounds.

-Paul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Walther PPK/S. It came with more sharp edges than a cheese grater and has never run well enough to make it to carry status. I think I have close to 500 rounds through it and it still hangs up with an FTF in every other mag of ammo. I really want to like this gun, but until it works like a gun, it's just a pretty thingamajig that sits in the safe. If Bersa can make a decent PPK style gun, why can't Walther (or S&W, who built this one).

In the early 80's I and several of my fellow officers each purchased a Walther TPH (.22 cal version of the PPK) to carry as backup guns.

Mine and one or two others had the problem of failing to feed the second round, jamming the bullet up above the chamber mouth.

The guns were handled at that time by Interarms. They tried repairing them without success, then replaced them. The subsequent guns operated perfectly and I've not a jam in mine in the thirty years I've owned it.

The magazines are a tad delicate and I've been through several of them.

Deucemizer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Keltec plr 22, shot ok but was pickey on ammo and spent shells somehow kept finding their way on the top of the barrel on the inside of the gun.

Last edited:

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    S&W Sigma 9mm, Model SW9GVE. Purchased new in 2005. Front sight replaced by S&W. Tiny bits of brass kept filling into the firing pin channel, although I was shooting the same ammo in a G17 with no such problem. Worst trigger of any gun, even after I lightened the sear springs. Would vertically group any ammo in a 2 foot spread at 25 yards. But the gun would only feed FMJ or roundnose bullets.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I've had two -

1) Beretta 92. Never could get it to any kind of consistant accuracy.
    2) Ruger 10/22. Total piece of junk. Clunky mags, poor accuracy and overall cheap feel. Ruined me on Ruger ever since.

-G

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Had a Kassner AR-22(like a AR15, but 22 cal.) POS. Tried new mags, ammo, jammer from a get go. Let it rip to trade for a H&R 12ga single shot Shotgun. Best trade ever!

Another 22 cal, semi pistol. Was like a Phoenix, but can't recall the name.(like Sterling, or ?) Shot 2 rounds from a clean barrel and the slide fell off with a cracked rail. LGS returned for a full refund, and bought a Davis 32cal Derringer.(wifey actually paid)

Still have that after 20yrs(wifey also, she's great!). It shot ok, just no real use until I found out it could fit in a handcuff case on my duty belt. It became my third wheel after a snubbie, backing up a 4in Service revolver.

Had some other junkers, but those are standouts. The H&R shotgun still has earned it's spot after 20yrs of deer hunting, quail/dove, and rabbits. Stock looks a little worn, but not an issue. Sat in deer stands in pouring rain for years.

Sad a new firearm out of the box won't fire or be decent shooter for you. I think the word is INTEGRITY. I shake my head when I see all the junk at a gun show. If you intend to shoot it, get a brand name. New or used it is your best bet.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I was the 1st one on my block to own a Glock 19 back in the early 1990's. At 7 yards it shot a 10" group. Did you hear me Manny? 10" group at 7yds! I was laughed at untill I redeemed myself. I put 6 rounds in a 1/2 dollar hole with my Smith & Wesson 66. Needless to say, I'm not a Glock fan. Check out the classifieds. At any given time there are at least 6 Glocks for sale on the 1st 3 pages. How many Smith 66's are for sale? Hmmm?

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Springfield Milspec 1911, purchased about 8 or so years ago (new). Lousy trigger, sticky safety, & not reliable.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    An early 50's Kiesler Bolt-Action 12ga. shotgun. I got it for $75 used. It never fed shells right, but it did fire. Traded it for a muzzleloader a few months after buying it.

Top Bottom