• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    For me, best to worst: (of the chains readily available near Fishers)

Mellow Mushroom
    Nancy's
    Hungry Howies
    Greek's
    Donatos
    Papa Johns
    Papa Murphy's
    Noble Roman's
    Pizza Hut
    Dominos (haven't tried since they revamped their recipe)
    Little Caesars (Pan style only)
    Hotbox (Thanks jetmech, I forgot this one)
    Cici's
    Pizza Inn
    Chuck E. Cheese

Those are all chains? I've never even heard of several.

BTW, if Hot Box is a chain (as specified in the title) then they are hands down the worst. I tried that place two years ago when I was in Indy and it seriously ruined my day. I ate less than 2 pieces and felt like dog **** the rest of the day.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cici's, Dominos, and Little Ceasers tie for me. Other than Pizza Hut, I don't care for many chains.

I've about given up on Pizza King. They are so hit and miss - either pretty decent or downright nasty. Depends on which group of teenagers are working, I guess.

Bazbeaux in Broad Ripple is hands-down the best pizza bar none.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Those are all chains? I've never even heard of several.

BTW, if Hot Box is a chain (as specified in the title) then they are hands down the worst. I tried that place two years ago when I was in Indy and it seriously ruined my day. I ate less than 2 pieces and felt like dog **** the rest of the day.

Yep, those are all franchises here within 5 miles or so of Fishers. I left off WB, because although they have multiple locations, I think they are privately owned by the family (for what it's worth they are really nice folks, but I don't care for their pizza) and a little outside of a quick pickup from Fishers. Same for Bazbeaux's; which I like, but not as much as most people, it seems. Circle City pizza isn't too great either (Downtown). I've had good pizza from East of Chicago, and not so good (location based). Maria's in Fountain Square I've been told is good, but they are not alcohol friendly, and I never seem to be near Fountain Square unless I'm with friends that want to have drinks.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    For Chain pizza i like Fox's but if the wife and I go out for pizza we go to the local places like Tonys, Gelsasamos, J&J's Pizza, or Giggles. Aurelios is a local favorite but I don't care for it much.

I can't stand Papa Johns, Pizza Hut or Little Ceasers! Dominos is ok at best.

jsnowy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Can't stand Little Caesar's, I usually don't even eat it if they're giving it away for free. I used to despise Domino's, but I'm actually starting to enjoy the "new and improved" Domino's.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Oh man, Jacks Pizza is the best IMO. They're are a chain and have been around since the 60s I believe.

I like pizza king initially but it always tears me up about 45 minutes later. Dunno what it is. So I guess that's my vote for worst.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The Hot Box I had, dammit, I keep saying things wrong. Anyway, it was ok. Like Mellow Mushroom, been there many times. Had Papa John's last night, mostly because it's easy to order online. Fed some teenagers, so, you know. Been wanting to go to Bazbeaux up here, I understand it's good. There are a couple of local places, Third Generation up toward Muncie somewhere, Greek's (there's one in Fishers) are good. I was always soft for the deep dish at Roble Noman's, are there any of those still around? You have to track them.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Little Ceasers is the worst.

Dominos and Pizza Hut are equally bad and tie for number two worst.

I grew up eating Papa Johns and actually enjoy their pizza.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I don't mind Papa John's though I haven't had it in several years. Pizza Hut is probably my favorite huge chain, but it'd be close with Papa John's I think. Domino's is at the bottom of my list, Little Cesar's is a little above because it's so cheap.

Greek's pizza is pretty good. Oh, Pizzaria Uno is good. Cici's is pretty bad, but what do you expect for the price? There's really not that many pizzas I don't like!

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I personally do not like any chain pizza places, they are tolerable but 99% of the time im going to a small hole in the wall family owned pizza shop nothing can beat their pizzas!

Best:
    Jerrys pizza, its just south of Terre Haute in Prairieton, IN.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Worst #1-Chucky Cheese
    Worst #2-Cici's

Best #1-Bruno's (local place up here)
    Best #2-Pizza Hut
    Best #3-Pizza King

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I know I do not like Papa John's pizza.
    One of his best friends is my Ex wife's cousin. F'd up dude for sure. I mean that, F'd up.

Their sauce always made us sick to our stomach. WTH is in it? MSG, Radon, rat turds? I made the same mistake you did and I learned from it, like you did.

Welcome home.

Here in Racine is a place called Wells Pizza, it is the best. Not a chain but it reminds me of Greeks in Indiana.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I used to LOVE papa john's. Now that I'm older, I see it's not as great as I always thought. I gotta get it sometimes tho, just for the garlic sauce.
    I'd say little ceasers is on the top of my terrible pizza list.
    My favorite up here (nwi) is Aurelios.

Top Bottom