• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'll eat just about any pizza. But for me Papa John's is one of the worst. Sure I'll eat it, cause its either real cheap, or I get it for free occasionally at work. But they don't put on enough toppings to keep me happy.

Around here for chains, Pizza King is good, and Pizza Hut is alright. But I mostly like a couple of different independent places. Westside Pizza in Tipton, and Nick's Pizza in Alexandria. Both of them normally put on plenty of toppings and the flavor is good with fair prices.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    You guys keep extolling the virtues of Pizza King and I just have to disagree. I have eaten at the one in Franklin a few times, and the one on SR 135 in Greenwood a few times...although none of these times have been lately.

I found the pizza to be very salty, very greasy, and the chopped/diced/ground pepperoni was flat disgusting. The crust wasn't even good.

Jefferson Street Bar in Franklin has AWESOME pizza and the Willard ain't bad neither....I prefer Jeff Street to the Willard though. I get the impression that the Willard is a gay hang out, and I just don't dig that.

BTW I make better pizza than I can buy already made...just too lazy to make it very often.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I don't get the fascination with Pizza King, I've never despised a pizza before going there. We actually left it without even eating more than a few bites it was THAT bad. Papa John's is terrible as well.

I like Barlo's on 67, in the old Dairy Queen. They use good ingredients, a sauce that tastes pretty good, and it's right on my way home.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    worst
    papa murphys- expensive and you still have to cook it
    dominos- expensive and I had tons in high school so its bland
    pizza king- too greasy and I like the original arnis if i want that pizza style which is rare

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You guys keep extolling the virtues of Pizza King and I just have to disagree. I have eaten at the one in Franklin a few times, and the one on SR 135 in Greenwood a few times...although none of these times have been lately.

I found the pizza to be very salty, very greasy, and the chopped/diced/ground pepperoni was flat disgusting. The crust wasn't even good.

Jefferson Street Bar in Franklin has AWESOME pizza and the Willard ain't bad neither....I prefer Jeff Street to the Willard though. I get the impression that the Willard is a gay hang out, and I just don't dig that.
    So...you'll eat crappy pizza...but won't associate with gays?

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    For those who hate on Domino's -- I am one of you. Gotta say, though. You should give the Artisan pizzas a try. For "something different" than normal pizza fare, they're actually pretty darn good.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Worst:
    Little Caesars
    Papa Johns
    Dominos

BEST:
    Pizza King
    Pizza Hut
    Hungry Howies

Anyone ever notice that the owner of Papa Johns is on every single commercial of theirs and his picture is on every single box of pizza? Someone seems to be full of himself.......

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I don't get the fascination with Pizza King,
    As has been mentioned several times in the thread already Pizza King is very hit or miss. A lot of it depends on whether it is a corporate owned location or frachised location and who the owner/manager is etc. Pizza king is very good when it's good... and very bad when it's bad... yeah? That's where the fascination vs. disgust comes from. It depends on which Pizza King you've gone to. The old Pizza King in Decatur used to be awesome, until they widened 27 to 4+1 lanes and tore it down. The new one just isn't the same, but it's still decent pizza.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Hungry Howies = Heartburn Howies I'm on prescription prilosec and that stuff still kills me and it's one of the few things I eat that still gives me heartburn even though I take the pills

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Totino's personal pizza is what I basically grew up on as a kid, and you know what? I still like them. For a quick hot meal, and for a dollar, you cant beat them.

josh25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Johnson County
    Dominos is worst in my opinion, best pizza comes from small moms and pops shops. Best I have ever had is the new bethel ordinary, by far, great pizza

Top Bottom