• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Papa Murphys. I mean really who wants to drive to go get a pizza and then have to come home and cook it? If I am going to go and get a pizza I perfer if I dont have to do all the work of cooking it, I order pizza and then eat it, thats it no more work. If I wanted to cook I would have bought one at the store and put it in the freezer until I wanted to cook it. This has to be one of the worst business plans ever. I eat out because I dont want to cook, if I wanted to cook I wouldnt eat out. Sorry for the rant.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Papa Murphys. I mean really who wants to drive to go get a pizza and then have to come home and cook it? If I am going to go and get a pizza I perfer if I dont have to do all the work of cooking it, I order pizza and then eat it, thats it no more work. If I wanted to cook I would have bought one at the store and put it in the freezer until I wanted to cook it. This has to be one of the worst business plans ever. I eat out because I dont want to cook, if I wanted to cook I wouldnt eat out. Sorry for the rant.

I agree with you totally! On the flip side I have a friend that loves Papa Murphy's. He picks one up on the way home from work and pops it in the oven. Then he can have a hot shower while it cooks. He says he likes being able to unwind for a few minutes until his pizza is done.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I'm a piza fanatic, and there's rarely any I dont like. But if I had to choose one it would be Donatos.

Everytime I eat there its a burnt/greasy pizza and I have to nearly force myself to eat it. I know a lot of people that love it though, so it must just be me :dunno:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

I buy the Veggie Delight...haul it home and then doctor it up with lean ham, some turkey pepperoni, more cheese, and some jalepenos. Then I bake it. It's gooooooood.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm sorry to jack the thread but have you tried Ale Emporium in Castleton. They have a thick dish that used to win a bunch of awards. It was good. Didn't like the Friday night or Saturday scene but for a carry out or lunch. Pretty good.

Now back to the subject: Papa Johns = bad. Pizza King = somewhat bad. Domino's = you're really eating this crap. Firehouse = yeah hand me another beer.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    My favorite all time pizza is a Large Thin Crust Sausage from Pizza Hut. It probably goes way back when I was a kid in Missouri, and the big deal on the weekend was to get carry out pizza at the "new" (in the 60's) Pizza Hut, and it came on the usual cardboard tray in the puffy paper sack type wrapper.

It's hard to beat the Classics---Real Coke, Lays Potato Chips, Original Doritos, Big Macs and Fries.

I will say, I had a favorite place in Terre Haute, Pizza City, which we use to order pizzas in college. They had a killer large sausage pizza. Wonder if they are still there, and wonder if they are still as good. Hmmm. Haven't went back since I graduated in 82.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    My favorite all time pizza is a Large Thin Crust Sausage from Pizza Hut. It probably goes way back when I was a kid in Missouri, and the big deal on the weekend was to get carry out pizza at the "new" (in the 60's) Pizza Hut, and it came on the usual cardboard tray in the puffy paper sack type wrapper.

It's hard to beat the Classics---Real Coke, Lays Potato Chips, Original Doritos, Big Macs and Fries.

I will say, I had a favorite place in Terre Haute, Pizza City, which we use to order pizzas in college. They had a killer large sausage pizza. Wonder if they are still there, and wonder if they are still as good. Hmmm. Haven't went back since I graduated in 82.

You only got a few years on me but you must have grown up in a good sized town or city to have a Pizza Hut. I remember moving into the places that had street lights and thinking this new chain is the bomb. I too went to ISU and remember Pizza City. 5 Buck meals all night long. I wonder what it cost now. Plus going to the 4th Quarter for late night goodies.

Okay sorry to the OP I keep jacking this thread. To make up.

"Ahh This (Insert Franchise Name) Sucks!!!!!!!"

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Worst- Papa Johns
    Best Chain- Pizza Hut (not really saying much though). Noble Romans would have gone here at one time.

Best local- Volcano PIzza in Elkhart.

I still remember Noble Romans first store on east 3rd. Still the best daggone deep dish sicilian i've ever had. I miss it. The sauce was great, the crust was crisp on the outside and delicious everywhere else. They used to make a ham/pineapple/spinach thick crust with a white sauce that was GREAT.

Little Squeezers Sucks. Papa Johns needs a better sauce.:dunno:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    You only got a few years on me but you must have grown up in a good sized town or city to have a Pizza Hut. I remember moving into the places that had street lights and thinking this new chain is the bomb. I too went to ISU and remember Pizza City. 5 Buck meals all night long. I wonder what it cost now. Plus going to the 4th Quarter for late night goodies.

Okay sorry to the OP I keep jacking this thread. To make up.

"Ahh This (Insert Franchise Name) Sucks!!!!!!!"

That's not thread jacking!! That's memories brother!!:)

We lived in Jefferson City in the 60's, and I remember my Dad passed on buying a franchise----------doooooh!! Wish I could go back in time and have a chat with him. I'd be the Pizza King!!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Another vote for Little Ceaser's being the worst. Chuck E. Cheeses is second worst. Pizza Hut hits third (it's edible sometimes).

Domino's is hit or miss (haven't had it in a while), as it Pizza King (Cagney's in Shelbyville is good). I'm not a Noble Roman's fan, but I'll eat it (the wife likes it). Papa Johns is good. Mad Mushroom is good. Bruno's (W. Lafayette) is ok. Mama Bear's in Bloomington is good.

We get Papa Murphy's regularly. If I want to make it special or different, I can add my own toppings.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ah... just remembered another decent local place in Seelyville (just east of Terre Haute).

Small bar called Twiggy's, they make a fantastic meat-lovers pizza... is it greasy? Yes, but what do you expect for having 45 pounds of bacon, sausage, ham etc on top of a pizza? YUM!!! You can TASTE the bacon grease as it slides down your throat, and it is super delicious...

Top Bottom