• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    yeah, im not buying your story. if you think this site is all about whats in this thread then your wrong.

I can tell you this much. I NEVER want to be on the muzzle end of E5RANGER375.
    Who actually really knows, other than maybe prior military or police? There are probably a few there that would hesitate for a millisecond or two also. I guess I dont WANT to find out but am trying to prepare myself as best as possible.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I request this thread be closed, and its contents deep-6'd.

It was obviously only intended to insult INGO as a whole, promote the OP's bravado, and stir the pot.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm a little surprised that no one has pointed out that, contrary to the OP's assertions, armed citizens use their firearms more than the police do, and do a pretty darned good job of it.

Now, I'll grant you that most of those folks are probably using inferior weapons systems, instead of the ultimately cool extreme ninja tactical choice the OP has so wisely chosen, but they seem to stumble by OK.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I can tell you this much. I NEVER want to be on the muzzle end of E5RANGER375.
    Who actually really knows, other than maybe prior military or police? There are probably a few there that would hesitate for a millisecond or two also. I guess I dont WANT to find out but am trying to prepare myself as best as possible.

the thing I like about this site overall is the VAST majority of the people I have met off here in person are just the GOOD GUYS and GALS, who only wanna engage bad guys if forced too.
    No one in their right mind realy wants to get into a firefight, unless its for DUTY or Self Preservation or the preservation of other innocent people. Thats what seperates the good guys from the bad guys.

We all know that if we wanted to go get in a STUPID shooting incident we could purposefully wonder into unsavory areas of our city and we would be engaged. Only idiots look for trouble like that.
    A lot of us joke about some things on here, but when the rubber meets the road, I dont think anyone has a death wish. Thats why we try to be the best responsible gun owners we can be. NEVER fire a shot out of anger. we might talk about being angry here sometimes and what we would like to do etc. but in a real life situation, anger will only get you in big trouble and maybe dead. If we have to draw our weapons then we must make sure that EVERY ACTION is methodical and thought out. it just has to be done in a split second, and thats why as legal gun owners who carry, it is so important for us to practice and mentaly run through scenarios & do our best to learn the unending laws that seem impossible to understand as an average joe.. (in my opinion) :ingo:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    t

We all know that if we wanted to go get in a STUPID shooting incident we could purposefully wonder into unsavory areas of our city and we would be engaged. Only idiots look for trouble like that.
    :

Don't be dissing Charles Bronson in Death Wish....:xmad:

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    First one to hesitate, dies. If the situation warranted pulling your gun, would you pull the trigger? And I say dont pull your gun unless you intend to kill. I would bet 99% of you wouldnt, or hestitate too long in a real life situation. I say most gunowners are just gun collectors and target shooters(and there is nothing wrong with that). You carry a deadly weapon. Are you prepared to kill a human with no hesitation? I am sure this will **** some people off, but like I said, 99% of civilians carrying firearms aren't prepared or willing to actually kill someone.
    There is a question on another thread asking about mandatory training for a LTCH. Most will say, hell no, its my right. Well in real life, I think it should be mandatory. It's common sense to me. Anybody allowed to carry a deadly weapon should be trained and required to prove that they are.
    I am sure I will get responses to this from all the internet John Wayne wannabe's who most likely would freeze like a deer in headlights if I came at you with my weapon drawn and pointed at you.
    Ok, let me have it. Thanks.
    Would like to think that I am ready, but until that day comes won't and don't know. I have taken class, but in all reality class doesn't really prepare you to kill. The training the military gives you doesn't really prepare you to kill. By that, I mean that yes it trains you on what to do, but until you actually do it, you aren't prepared. I did not have to take a class to operate a circular saw or a sawzall, but if I chose, someone could be killed by one of those. No training for the use of gasoline and matches, but if one chose, those could be used as deadly weapons. To say that most on this board would freeze like deer in headlights if you approached with your weapon drawn is a bit silly...don't you think? At the point this would happen you would get shot or at least mamed eventually. Also, don't call them internet John Wayne wannabes. It might be true, and I agree with that statement, but it is preferable to call them "keyboard cowboys"

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Would like to think that I am ready, but until that day comes won't and don't know. I have taken class, but in all reality class doesn't really prepare you to kill. The training the military gives you doesn't really prepare you to kill. By that, I mean that yes it trains you on what to do, but until you actually do it, you aren't prepared. "

Gotta agree 100%. I don't think I really want to go through training that prepares you to kill someone. The effect killing a person would have on you is unimaginable. Exactly how do you prepare someone to end a life? I hope to never find out. There is a reason the suicide rate our military and police suffers is higher than the norm. I've talked to many soldiers that have taken a life, few are quick to discuss it and none are happy that they had to do it. Deadly force is a last option.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    ... If the situation warranted pulling your gun, would you pull the trigger? And I say dont pull your gun unless you intend to kill. I would bet 99% of you wouldnt...

One thing I won't do is answer this question so it may be used against me in a court of law some day.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If a fight ever escalated to the point of me pulling my sidearm. Then in no way will i hesitate to pull the trigger. If it is my life or theirs Im going home to my family and they will not. I will not shoot to injure, i will not fire a warning shot, I will shoot to eliminate the threat.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    snip

There is a question on another thread asking about mandatory training for a LTCH. Most will say, hell no, its my right. Well in real life, I think it should be mandatory. It's common sense to me. Anybody allowed to carry a deadly weapon should be trained and required to prove that they are.

snip.

Do you carry a knife?........If so, I wanna see your totin' chip.

How about golf clubs? They can be considered a deadly weapon. If you don't bludgeon someone to death, a stray drive will do the trick. Grandmother killed by stray golf ball hit by her playing partner | Mail Online

Let's see, what else is on the list?........hammers, chainsaw, pneumatic nail guns, a screw driver, garden shovel, etc......and the list goes on and on and on.

Bottom line is that you should not have to take a government mandated test in order to defend yourself. Anything can be used as a deadly weapon. :twocents:

As far as your cocky ass statements:n00b: about 99% of us not having the skills, ballz, or preparation to stand up in a defensive situation...........I call BS. If you want to help people, it's one thing, put shootin' your trap off like you're the bum's liquor without offering any actual advice, has troll written all over it............Oh crap.....I think I took the bait......:rolleyes:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Is it time for our monthly would-you-pull-the-trigger thread already? Man time flys.

Is prior behavior a predictor of future capability? Yep.

There are a few things that you can do in life that change the person that you are, and even moreso the person you aspire to be. This topic is one of those things.

I could be very happy the rest of my life not even having to raise my voice at the Trugreen people.

Yes & I've read that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

I don't know if I believe it or not though.

Please don't throw around unsubstantiated and unfounded statistics. Where exactly does 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population?

After having almost every caliber as a carry gun I have decided to go to 22lr. I am buying a Taurus 94, 9 shot snubby as my primary carry weapon. Also ordered a Puma 1911 22lr for $248.00. I can shoot all day for pennies and put a bad guy down just as effective as with bigger calibers. Do you think you can survive 9 well placed 22's? Thats the advantage of a 22. Lots of practice, cheap. I am doing the same with rifles. S&W M&P 15-22 AR. Only big bore I am keeping is my Mosin Sniper in 7.62. Just a great and cheap gun to shoot. My 2 cents, thanks.
    Umm, damn. Just damn.

Did you really say Mosin and Sniper in the same sentence?

Don't get me wrong. I am a fan of the 22LR, but you just made me rethink my whole strategery. See, I've been practicing with 22LR, but at game time I switch over to the big boy balls. Hmm ... Naw. On second thought I'll keep my over penetrating 2000+ FPS 357Sig in the leadoff position, my 9MM in the cleanup position, and .45 ACP as the designated hitter. And at home, when I really want to whip out the big stick in the middle of the night, it's either my Remy 870 or for double the pleasure and double the fun, a double barrel coach gun.

Let us know how that 22 snubby works out for you.

I am humbled.

I didn't realize that I was dealing with an obvious professional who possesses the tactical wisdom and knowledge to rise above the "pretenders" and master the superior defensive capabilities of the Taurus .22 snubby. I'd bet that 99% of the people here aren't smart enough to appreciate the legendary fight-stopping qualities of the .22 long rifle at snubbie velocities, and the long, proven track record of Taurus revolvers in combat and on the street.

Does the Pentagon know about this? I am outraged that they are wasting billions of dollars on 9mm and 5.56 ammo, when the .22 long rifle works just as well! A couple bricks of CCI's from Wal-Mart could equip an entire platoon!

Wait for it........

Repped. Too funny.

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One thing I won't do is answer this question so it may be used against me in a court of law some day.

I 100% agree with this statement (not 99%)

I am humbled. :bow:

I didn't realize that I was dealing with an obvious professional who possesses the tactical wisdom and knowledge to rise above the "pretenders" and master the superior defensive capabilities of the Taurus .22 snubby. I'd bet that 99% of the people here aren't smart enough to appreciate the legendary fight-stopping qualities of the .22 long rifle at snubbie velocities, and the long, proven track record of Taurus revolvers in combat and on the street.

I carry a taurus 650 in .357 as a backup

Does the Pentagon know about this? I am outraged that they are wasting billions of dollars on 9mm and 5.56 ammo, when the .22 long rifle works just as well! :xmad: A couple bricks of CCI's from Wal-Mart could equip an entire platoon!

Wait for it........

:laugh: :rofl:

:+1:

First one to hesitate, dies. If the situation warranted pulling your gun, would you pull the trigger? And I say dont pull your gun unless you intend to kill. I would bet 99% of you wouldnt, or hestitate too long in a real life situation. I say most gunowners are just gun collectors and target shooters(and there is nothing wrong with that). You carry a deadly weapon. Are you prepared to kill a human with no hesitation? I am sure this will **** some people off, but like I said, 99% of civilians carrying firearms aren't prepared or willing to actually kill someone.
    I am sure I will get responses to this from all the internet John Wayne wannabe's who most likely would freeze like a deer in headlights if I came at you with my weapon drawn and pointed at you.

It took me a few minutes to think about it but in your rant I remembered a quote I once heard.

"A 99 percent shooter with a 1 percent brain will almost invariably be beaten in a gunfight by the 1 percent shooter who has a 99 percent brain. Since the dawn of mankind, humans have had to rely on their thinking prowess to survive. The firearm is merely the means to attain the end." -- Louis Awerbuck

I think maybe you might have heard this too. But in your 1% brain have failed to truley understand the meaning. Not all situations require a "shoot now" outcome.

thats all I have for this post.

After having almost every caliber as a carry gun I have decided to go to 22lr. I am buying a Taurus 94, 9 shot snubby as my primary carry weapon. Also ordered a Puma 1911 22lr for $248.00. I can shoot all day for pennies and put a bad guy down just as effective as with bigger calibers. Do you think you can survive 9 well placed 22's? Thats the advantage of a 22. Lots of practice, cheap.

So my take on this comment is that you can get off 9 shots "well placed" with a .22lr "snubby".With or without return fire?
    I am no "expert" and I am taking nothing away from the "effectiveness" of the .22lr (I have taken down many squirrel in my time). I have decidede to go with the Glock 23 .40s&w, 1 well placed shot is just as effective as your 9 (in less time).

This is of course my :twocents:

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    While there are better weapons for the job, check out this.
    Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know. There's also Vassili Zaitsev. Great snipers both. Many Germans died at the business end of a 91/30. It is a great weapon; I have several.

But in the coming battle stealth and cunning will win the day. The Mosin breaks the silence, as it did over 100 years ago. It's not much of a sniper weapon anymore. It's would be like saying you would use a trebuchet as a modern battle implement. It destroyed many cities under seige in it's time. It could be a valuable weapon in a post-apolyptic sense. But who would use one when there are so many more effective tools available?

And besides, the though of going from a Puma 22 to a Mosin and expecting to shoot the same is kinda silly, you have to agree. I shoot mostly 22 on the range, because I am practicing technique. But sometimes you still have to practice with your primary weapons.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don't know and unless a persons been in that situation they may never know. I'm thinking that no matter how bad you think you are, you might find out differently when faced with the situation. Me personally, I hope I'm never faced with the situation however I like to "think" that if I've made the decision to draw that squeezing the trigger is the natural progression of that action. Survival instinct is a tough one to predict, but if you chose to carry then you have to be ready to go all the way.

Every situation is different, if someone is coming at you with a knife then perhaps the thought of a .45 sized hole to their front mid-section and a softball sized hole coming out where their spine used to be may be enough to preclude squeezing. OTOH if they insist in bringing a knife to a gunfight then I will be compelled to explain (with prejudice) the error of their ways.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hesitate if I am in a situation to draw my gun, NO! Why do I feel this way? I value my life and my family more than a dirt-bag that would threaten any of those. How do I know what I would do??? I've gone to get training for use of my gun. Going again this fall for more training. (TDI in Ohio.) I also read quite a bit about the mindset and "try" to prepare both mentally and physically for such an encounter.

Should training be legislated - NO WAY! Do I want big brother telling me ho to use it in a mandated class, no. Governement involvement in such things = garbage and headaches.

Should people seek training? Absolutely! I am very surprised by the number of LTCH folks I meet that do not have a round chambered when carrying in public. Get trained, be smart, practice, practice, be safe.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

yes i would, the loaded gun on my hip is not for show.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

So are you in the 1% of bad mofo's out there that are prepared to kill. Man I wish I had your resolve. You my freind are my new HERO. Now that we are BFFs, can I play with your rc plane too?

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    John Waynes ????? I will not be wronged, I will not be laid a hand on,
    and I will not be insulted, I do not do these things, to others, and I
    expect the same in return.... I will pull the trigger, I am NOT a cold
    blooded killer, but I have been trained, and if its him or me, it will be me
    that survives.....
    totally with you man! I love the shootist, and John Wayne kicked butt!

Top Bottom