454dbe4b-6a87-4e0d-8c0d-5ff7b6ca9569
    Bush%20Man%20of%20San%20Francisco

Round Ball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Northern Ind.
    True if you carry you must be able to use it.I head up the security team at our church and if any of our guys want to carry I first ask them if they could take a life? if they could not I tell them to not carry or the bad guy will surely take it away from you and kill you this is a proven fact.:)

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I made that decision the moment I got my LTCH!

Fortunately I've not been confronted with a situation where I've hade to make that choice. But I have three very good reasons to have firearms in my home. First of all shortly after I moved into my home of now 33yrs. A woman was killed under the 38th street bridge by a perp invading her home and he caught her, raped her, then killed her. Second there was a domestic Murder-Suicide just two houses down from mine about ten years ago. Happened in broad daylight in he middle of the street. the investigation took hours, and the bodies lay in the street for the length of time. Then just about five years ago my drive way was turned into a crime scene because a man was shot and killed in his car just barley past my drive way again the investigation took hours and I still had remnants of crime scene tape to clean up that morning. It is a dangerous world out there. And I ry to practice the first rule of self defence, escape and aviod if possible in a personal confrontation. But If I was in the food court at Castleton square and some nut job came in and started blasting away, I'd draw my weapon and do my very best to stop the perp. And while I practice as often as I can, I plan very sood to get some formal self defense firearm training. A do you think all this may have something to do with the fact that I'm up at 3:06am writing this...?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Can't truthfully say I would or wouldn't, I guess that will be determined if the need ever arises which I hope never happens. If it involves saving a family member I can only hope that God gives me the strength to do what is necessary to protect them.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    I am and always have been prepared to protect myself as well as my family in a life or death situation. that is why I carry......not to be cool......not cause I can......because I have been on the business end of a barrel before and I swore if that ever happened to me again....that person would never hold a gun again.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    But in the coming battle stealth and cunning will win the day. The Mosin breaks the silence, as it did over 100 years ago. It's not much of a sniper weapon anymore. It's would be like saying you would use a trebuchet as a modern battle implement. It destroyed many cities under seige in it's time. It could be a valuable weapon in a post-apolyptic sense. But who would use one when there are so many more effective tools available?

And besides, the though of going from a Puma 22 to a Mosin and expecting to shoot the same is kinda silly, you have to agree. I shoot mostly 22 on the range, because I am practicing technique. But sometimes you still have to practice with your primary weapons.

I agree there are better weapons for the task, I said so in the other post. And for some reason I don't know why :): I kinda figured you had heard of him and didn't need the link. Just doing a little :stickpoke:

Choosing one for a sniper rifle when that's all you have or can afford is one thing. Whats that saying Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. Choosing one just because? :laugh:

Same with choosing a .22 snubbie. It's better than nothing if that is all you have, but just to choose it for the reasons listed? Again :laugh: Heck I used to only have a single shot 12ga for home defense :n00b: I figured one shot and a decent club were better than no shots and a decent club if it came down to it. I knew it was far from the best. But that is what I had at the time and that's what I thought I could afford.

Oh and way way way off topic, and you've probably seen it before a side by side comparison of an AK, AR-15, and a Mosin. The Mosin is clearly superior. Mosin Nagant Humor  AK vs. AR vs. Mosin Nagant

I don't have one yet, but am planning on it soon. And hopefully more than one eventually.

But back on topic, and I'll even answer seriously. I think, believe and sincerely hope I will be able to. If I didn't I wouldn't have them for self defense. I have never had to use a gun on someone before and hope I never have to. So I cannot 110% guarantee it. I've heard too many stories of soldiers, officers, and others freezing when it's needed so :dunno:

noday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Two weeks ago my wife woke me up.THERE IS SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE!!! I am not fully prepared, I had to go to the closet. My heart was pounding. It was all I could hear. I made my way without lights to the kids room and closed both of their doors and checked windows. The basement has one window that could be accessable if it was a break in. I think that if someone were to break in a person would do whatever is necessary to protect his or her family.

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Two weeks ago my wife woke me up.THERE IS SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE!!! I am not fully prepared, I had to go to the closet. My heart was pounding. It was all I could hear. I made my way without lights to the kids room and closed both of their doors and checked windows. The basement has one window that could be accessable if it was a break in. I think that if someone were to break in a person would do whatever is necessary to protect his or her family.

Conclusion to your story:dunno:

troy2198

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I could with no doubt pull the trigger. I feel that I was one of the few that has ever been in the 'shoot' senario. Granted yes it was in a combat situation but there is one big factor that i believe is being over looked for the stanard civilian type. The fear of your life factor. Ive seen people that I never thought could possibly shoot at another human, but did in fear of their life. I believe that in the right situation anyone could do it. As far as hesitation, thats a whole nother ballgame. It only takes once to pop your cherry, but that one time could be your only chance.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Even well trained combat tested veterans have hesitated or refused to engage throughout history just as unassuming milktoast men, women and children have proven to be lethal when faced with threats to them and theirs they hold dear.

Past experience and unproven alike respond unpredictably yet more often than not even in absence of a true weapon they go beyond flight and into battle purely on instinct and adrenaline.

Stay safe people

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I read all 12 pages hoping the OP would expand on how much of a badass he is and all the rest of us INGO members are cowards hiding behind our computers. I'm going to have to go play some Call of Duty to get my warrior spirit back up to where it needs to be.

Top Bottom