• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A big part of being successful is knowing when to fight and when to hold. When to be diplomatic. Not every issue is the "hill to die on", especially when the issue isn't congressional vote related.

There will always be those that don't get everything they want. Maybe the other organizations will fill this gap without alienating the rest of the 2A proponents and the voting public?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The NRA has had a hand in almost every major gun control act the past 70 years. They may not be anti-gun, but they’re sure as **** pro-money, and they won’t hesitate to sell your rights away if it means their pocketbooks get fatter
    Bingo.
    I think they are a necessary evil. As soon as some of the older "hunting" and target shooting gun owners that helped the NRA throw our gun rights and machine gun rights away in the 80's and 90's die off then maybe we can fill the NRA board of directors with TRUE pro 2nd amendment gun owners by voting them in.
    Im not saying all of our older gun guys are crap 2nd amendment supporters but enough are and that's what got the NRA to this point.
    I'm almost inclined to say everyone who's pro 2a should buy a lifetime membership and cast votes to replace the old. We would have the numbers.
    I know one thing, the polite way hasn't worked for 25 or so years. The whole "from my cold dead hands" was just basicly a sound bite and an empty slogan for most. Sad.
    The new generation of gun owners need to have balls, not just words

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was an NRA member until I was around 19 years old. I got my Indiana LTCH when I turned 18 and shortly after that, the NRA was advocating a 21 YEAR AGE TO CARRY! That's right, the NRA was literally trying to take away my right to bear arms! I cancelled my NRA membership and joined GOA (and I'm glad I did considering the long list of compromises that haunt the NRA). GOA is the only truly pro-gun lobby.

Sorry, I don't know about this. Can anyone confirm, deny, or give some details?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Here is an open invitation.....

My membership does not expire until later in the year.

If someone can show me the NRA's plan (what they plan on doing and how they are planning on doing it) on how they are going to remedy their past mistakes (NFA '34; GCA '68; Hughes Amendment '86; Brady Act '93), then I will look at keeping my membership. It does not need to have every small detail, but at least show me a rough game plan. I know this will not be an overnight battle, but without a game plan of some sort, then this is very, very unlikely to happen.

I will keep and open mind and if there is a plan of action on restoring the firearms rights we have already lost (the ones that the NRA mistakenly gave away), then I will support them and give them credit for that.

I have searched on my own, but have not been able to find such a plan.

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone can help me with this.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    If you can't help yourself on this, what makes you think others can? :dunno:

waaa2waaa

Because I am being told that the NRA is the only legitimate organization to protect our 2nd amendment rights. However it seems to me that, in the long term, they are doing more harm that good.

However, I am willing to admit I could be wrong and change my stance. But I would need new information and facts to do so. If someone can show me the evidence that the NRA has recognized the errors of their ways and is currently working to fight both current gun control legislation as well as repeal the existing gun control legislation that that they themselves supported, then I will continue to support them. I have looked for this information through my own research and have not been able to find it. However, I will admit that I don't have access to every single resource in the world and I also could have missed something.

I am being told I am stupid and wrong but with no new information or facts to back that up. I have tried to find the information myself, but have been unsuccessful. I was hoping that someone might have some new information that would prove me wrong and that the NRA is changing their ways.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

I did not make personal accusations...I did not insult anyone...All I am asking for is assistance. Are you proposing that anyone who asks INGO for help is trolling? Especially when they do so in an adult manor? That is not what I understood the definition of trolling to be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Because I am being told that the NRA is the only legitimate organization to protect our 2nd amendment rights. However it seems to me that, in the long term, they are doing more harm that good.

However, I am willing to admit I could be wrong and change my stance. But I would need new information and facts to do so. If someone can show me the evidence that the NRA has recognized the errors of their ways and is currently working to fight both current gun control legislation as well as repeal the existing gun control legislation that that they themselves supported, then I will continue to support them. I have looked for this information through my own research and have not been able to find it. However, I will admit that I don't have access to every single resource in the world and I also could have missed something.

I am being told I am stupid and wrong but with no new information or facts to back that up. I have tried to find the information myself, but have been unsuccessful. I was hoping that someone might have some new information that would prove me wrong and that the NRA is changing their ways.

First of all, my friend, quit wasting your own and other's time trying to start arguments that have already been had many times over.

Second; Sign up for lifetime NRA to vote in the leadership that will follow your wishes or put your money to an alternative pro 2A organization.

m9KQrh3UmijqxmOXVOPdNmQ.jpg

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    First of all, my friend, quit wasting your own and other's time trying to start arguments that have already been had many times over.

Wow, so asking an honest question and hoping someone might have new and positive information in support of the NRA is starting arguments? Quite an interesting philosophy considering we are both on a forum designed with the sole purpose to allow people who are interested in gun related topics, discuss gun related topics. I would think the NRA would fit our subject matter here on this site.

Please list the post number where I was only argumentative and looking to troll. Because at this point, I fail to see how I am trolling. I am trying to be honest about my misgivings about the NRA while also being wiling to change my viewpoint. If someone can give me new info, then not only could they win me over, but then I could help to win over others who might be wavering in their support of the NRA as I am.

If being mature enough to admit faults and change my mind intimidates you, I cannot help that. I try to be a big enough man that I will admit when I am wrong and allow new information to change my mind. I believe that is at the heart of and the primary premise of maturity.

or put your money to an alternative pro 2A organization.

Already done in December 2017, I joined the GOA.

Last edited:

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Who says you have to pick just one? At one point i was a member of the nra, goa, and ccrkba. I currently enjoy the montly magazine of one of those, pick what you want, happy trails.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Who says you have to pick just one? At one point i was a member of the nra, goa, and ccrkba. I currently enjoy the montly magazine of one of those, pick what you want, happy trails.

Pretty much.

It would take a lot to get me back in the NRA. Probably a change of leadership at this point. I know they do a lot of good, but they continually do stupid **** and I'm not wasting my money on that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I did not make personal accusations...I did not insult anyone...All I am asking for is assistance. Are you proposing that anyone who asks INGO for help is trolling? Especially when they do so in an adult manor? That is not what I understood the definition of trolling to be.

There is such a thing as polite trolling.

I think many inferred that your questions are rhetorical, that you really don't want to change your mind. Therefore, you're seemly innocuous questions can be construed as trolling - trying to lure others into an argument.

At one point you were dredging up every fault of the NRA in the 20th century, but limiting any win to a recent two month period; I gave you answers, you gave me misdirections.

Also, you brought Yeager into this. That guy is sure to rub half of INGO the wrong way.

Top Bottom