o-malley-s-irish-pub.jpg.cf.jpg

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I am starting to think some are confusing GOA with NGOA. Some of the comments about GOA make more sense to me if I substitute NGOA. Just an observation.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Great job providingthese links ”Oak” Based on the organizations very own websites...Observation Itlooks as though the GOA has a more assertive non political stance yet he NRAhas a political response.
    Thoughts?

I'll start this, this is my opinion... I'll use logic and facts...

I believe that there should be NO COMPROMISE when dealing with guns laws and gun control. ANY gun law passed is a compromise to our Constitutional Rights. For a pro-gun organization(Business) to voluntarily offer to compromise my rights offends me greatly. But that’s not the first time this has happened…. (My mind is starting to boil) so... I’m going to skip everything and I want you to do yourself a favor….
    Google this phrase....

" We think it's reasonable to support the federal Gun Free Zones"

Who said that phrase?

=================================================================

EDITED BECAUSE I DIDN'T CITE MY FACTS....

COMDOCS.GOV

Hopefully that was a reputable source...

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Oregon: More gun control already signed into law

Florida
    : More gun control already signed into law

Illinois, New York, California: More gun control is working it's way through the house and senate of each state and is setup to be signed into law

Many other states are also dealing with more gun control legislation, but at this time it is difficult to determine what will and will not pass given the current anti-gun environment.

National: More gun control without the need to sign it into law

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-bumpstocks/justice-department-files-regulation-to-ban-bump-stocks-idUSKCN1GM0JN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/03/10/doj-moves-outlaw-bump-stocks-making-them-illegal-own-sell/413237002/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/10/department-of-justice-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks-classifying-them-as-machine-guns-under-federal-law.html

When I questioned the NRA's statement of "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations" I was disparaged, called all sorts of unrepeatable names, called a traitor to the 2nd amendment for not supporting the NRA, and told I was too stupid to realize that the NRA and President Trump were playing 4D chess.

Almost all of the legislation that is being proposed does not ever mention bump stocks. It only mentions anything that can increase the rate of your gun...with no further definitions. In the hands of a future anti-gun administration, that could be reinterpreted as anything. Just look how the "Sporting Purpose" clause has been abused and misused since it was written into the 1968 Gun Control Act. This is the same exact thing.

Now we are going to get national regulation through an unelected and unaccountable beurocrat. And once this happens, any anti-gun administration in the future will have free reign on banning whatever they want using the same exact process.

Was the NRA really playing 4D chess? Are you sure? There is no doubt in your mind at all???

Looks to me like the NRA is selling out gun rights because they are only interested in saving bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. In my opinion, if they are not willing to protect ALL of the 2nd amendment, they they are not protecting any of it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oregon: More gun control already signed into law

Florida
    : More gun control already signed into law

Illinois, New York, California: More gun control is working it's way through the house and senate of each state and is setup to be signed into law

Many other states are also dealing with more gun control legislation, but at this time it is difficult to determine what will and will not pass given the current anti-gun environment.

National: More gun control without the need to sign it into law

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-bumpstocks/justice-department-files-regulation-to-ban-bump-stocks-idUSKCN1GM0JN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/03/10/doj-moves-outlaw-bump-stocks-making-them-illegal-own-sell/413237002/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/10/department-of-justice-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks-classifying-them-as-machine-guns-under-federal-law.html

When I questioned the NRA's statement of "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations" I was disparaged, called all sorts of unrepeatable names, called a traitor to the 2nd amendment for not supporting the NRA, and told I was too stupid to realize that the NRA and President Trump were playing 4D chess.

Almost all of the legislation that is being proposed does not ever mention bump stocks. It only mentions anything that can increase the rate of your gun...with no further definitions. In the hands of a future anti-gun administration, that could be reinterpreted as anything. Just look how the "Sporting Purpose" clause has been abused and misused since it was written into the 1968 Gun Control Act. This is the same exact thing.

Now we are going to get national regulation through an unelected and unaccountable beurocrat. And once this happens, any anti-gun administration in the future will have free reign on banning whatever they want using the same exact process.

Was the NRA really playing 4D chess? Are you sure? There is no doubt in your mind at all???

Looks to me like the NRA is selling out gun rights because they are only interested in saving bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. In my opinion, if they are not willing to protect ALL of the 2nd amendment, they they are not protecting any of it.

I see your point and you sir have inspired me.
    I agree 100%. Enough is enough! :xmad:

It's time to call them directly and contribute more money to their cause.
    I for one DO NOT want to be called a traitor to the 2nd Amendment for not supporting the NRA.

I AM THE NRA! :rockwoot:

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    I don't agree with everything the NRA does or says but if people start abandoning them things will get much worse very quickly. Not worse for the NRA, worse for us.

Top Bottom