• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    There is such a thing as polite trolling.

I think many inferred that your questions are rhetorical, that you really don't want to change your mind. Therefore, you're seemly innocuous questions can be construed as trolling - trying to lure others into an argument.

At one point you were dredging up every fault of the NRA in the 20th century, but limiting any win to a recent two month period; I gave you answers, you gave me misdirections.

Also, you brought Yeager into this. That guy is sure to rub half of INGO the wrong way.

Message received. Shut up, sit down, stop asking questions and do what your told!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Message received. Shut up, sit down, stop asking questions and do what your told!

Fine.
    Keep it up and have the mods come down.

The problem wasn't the question.
    But I guess you'll read what you want in the message.

Wait, let me save you the trouble

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Keep it up and have the mods come down.

To be fair, he's doing nothing wrong. Especially nothing worthy of mod attention.

Seems his perception of responses to him are very one-sided, and offer no wavering in opinion, or actual conversation/discussion.

That's not an uncommon thing around here.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    To be fair, he's doing nothing wrong. Especially nothing worthy of mod attention.

Seems his perception of responses to him are very one-sided, and offer no wavering in opinion, or actual conversation/discussion.

Done nothing.. yet.
    Started on a road that seems to go the same place every time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wow, so asking an honest question and hoping someone might have new and positive information in support of the NRA is starting arguments? Quite an interesting philosophy considering we are both on a forum designed with the sole purpose to allow people who are interested in gun related topics, discuss gun related topics. I would think the NRA would fit our subject matter here on this site.

Please list the post number where I was only argumentative and looking to troll. Because at this point, I fail to see how I am trolling. I am trying to be honest about my misgivings about the NRA while also being wiling to change my viewpoint. If someone can give me new info, then not only could they win me over, but then I could help to win over others who might be wavering in their support of the NRA as I am.

If being mature enough to admit faults and change my mind intimidates you, I cannot help that. I try to be a big enough man that I will admit when I am wrong and allow new information to change my mind. I believe that is at the heart of and the primary premise of maturity.

Already done in December 2017, I joined the GOA.

From: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trolling

Hope this helps

TOP DEFINITION
    Trolling
    The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
    Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Signs that your trolling is succesful:
    *Your victim screaming in all-caps at you.
    *Personal attacks (Calling you a retard, idiot, etc).
    *Being an Internet Tough Guy.
    *Making a crude remark, before quickly logging off before you can retort.

Signs that your trolling is unsuccesful:
    *Your victim identifying you as a troll.
    *Identifying yourself as a troll.
    *Your efforts being ignored.
    *Being counter-trolled (See below)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Inability to put yourself in the other guy's shoes. Which is one of the reasons you're not a mod.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here we go again. I read the thread and have no idea why you all are getting down on the guy. Unless there is something I am not seeing. I know most of you in the real. I would ask that we all calm down before this escalates. Emotions are seriously high right now.

Please.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I gave the gent a 2.8 million dollar answer (with a link) to his question, even after he was so insulting. :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom