• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Sorry to hijack a 1911 thread with a Glock post...is that sacrilege?

I hear ya Bassat; my first Glock was a 21 Gen 3. Still have it and love shooting it. I did add a 30S a few years back since it can use 21 mags. Maybe that's one you should consider too? Compact, 10 rounds of .45 and so sweet to shoot sure makes the 30S a great EDC. Plus the 30S fits 19 holsters...love the commonality! Here's a great video review: Glock 30S - Hammer of the Gods
    Out. Get. Out. :facepalm:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yup it was sold to WCD it was an advance sale kind of thing. Estate sale is next month and I am told funds were needed sooner than that . A few items were offered ahead of time. So Mrs Wcd gave the ok and it was a done deal.
    So.... are you tired of it yet and want a Smith to play with instead? Because I know a guy.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So.... are you tired of it yet and want a Smith to play with instead? Because I know a guy.
    Have not had a chance to get any range time in with it yet. Life happens with that came an unexpected trip toTexas. I learned a lot during this time. One of them being that time spent with family and doing things you enjoy matter a lot.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have that pistol. Always ran fine.
    As to the AL frames, I know that Les Baer was quoted as saying he stopped using them because after a couple hundred thousand rounds they started showing wear. I knew I wasn’t likely to put that many rounds through one single pistol, so I wasn’t concerned.
    A couple hundred thousand rounds would only be about $80k in ammo at todays prices.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Have not had a chance to get any range time in with it yet. Life happens with that came an unexpected trip toTexas. I learned a lot during this time. One of them being that time spent with family and doing things you enjoy matter a lot.
    Just sounds like you need to get rid of it. No time to shoot it means you have too many.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The only time I saw them was at Smoky Mountain Knife Works. I handled a few. I assumed they were a local maker, and possibly an exclusive. They seemed ok for the sale price, but not the listed price.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

$600

Question for you 1911 guru's.
    Does Devil Dog arms make a good 1911?

View attachment 298983
    Based on their initial company being founded on out right fraud, yeah hard pass.

The Non Novak Sights, Bill Board, Cast Frame really does little to set it apart from the competitors seems like there are better options out there for the money.

just my $12,000 worth of opinion. Formerly my .02 which has been adjuster due to Bidenomics.

Last edited:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Based on their initial company being founded on out right fraud, yeah hard pass.

The Non Novak Sights, Bill Board, Cast Frame really does little to set it apart from the competitors seems like there are better options out there for the money.

just my $12,000 worth of opinion. Formerly my .02 which has been adjuster due to Bidenomics.

Oh, please........c'mon, dish.
    You can't just stop there!

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Sorry to hijack a 1911 thread with a Glock post...is that sacrilege?

I hear ya Bassat; my first Glock was a 21 Gen 3. Still have it and love shooting it. I did add a 30S a few years back since it can use 21 mags. Maybe that's one you should consider too? Compact, 10 rounds of .45 and so sweet to shoot sure makes the 30S a great EDC. Plus the 30S fits 19 holsters...love the commonality! Here's a great video review: Glock 30S - Hammer of the Gods
    IMG-3593.jpg

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    Going over to the range here shortly. Just taking my Browning .380. What I thought was just going to be a super model because it was so pretty is turning into a love affair. Love shooting this gun. It just disappears for carry.

Top Bottom