• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    With all do respect, I'm not intending to start a "fact or fiction" debate. I'm curious how people's view may or may not change after learning the truth one direction or the other.

I think your premise is based on how big of an a-hole a person is, and whether they are doing the right thing and being a good person strictly because they are scared of hell if they dont.

I'd like to think I would continue to be a good person and treat others with respect and kindness because that is what you should do just to do it... not for some reward at the end of the journey.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I'd follow Lee Harvey Oswald through his trip to Mexico to visit the Cuban and Soviet embassies all the way to whatever point in time to conclude who killed JFK and understand the totality of the circumstances behind it.

Tag behind the Clinton's all the way through the 90's, ought to be some pretty interesting secrets there.

Follow my ancestors as they first came to this country and set up a general store in central New York State.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    With all do respect, I'm not intending to start a "fact or fiction" debate. I'm curious how people's view may or may not change after learning the truth one direction or the other.

Not touching that one with a 10 foot pole...

People don't believe what what's recorded on video now or what you can prove scientifically, repeatably.
    That's why they call it 'Believing' instead of what I can prove...

An example is video of jumbo jets hitting the world trade center, there are people that 'Believe' the government (or who ever) placed explosives in advance, and the jets hitting the buildings was CGI.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm going to ask a potentially dangerous question here, I mean this with all die respect and do t mean to derail the thread but many of you mention going back to see Jesus.

In the spirit of this huge what if thread. What if you went back, only find he didn't actually exist, Christian is actually not factual. And you in your journey never find evidence for any religion.

How would your life be different when you got back to your home time?

For instance, I'm not a believer, bit if I saw stuff from the Bible unfold before my eyes I'd certainly have to adjust my beliefs accordingly.

If this is way out of bounds mods feel free to delete it.
    Actually this was my first thought. I’d probably first go back through family history to fill in some holes.

But then I’d go back to controversial events and find out the truth. Was there a literal Adam and Eve. Did Moses actually part the red sea? Was there a sermon on the mount? Was Jesus if Nazareth real? Did he perform miracles? Did he raise from the dead?

What role did Constantine actually play in the formation of Christianity in Rome? Was Mohamed a pedophile?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like to do small fun things, nothing too serious.

I always thought it'd be fun to go back in time with Snoop Dogg of today and watch him have a conversation with a very young version of himself. I want to watch him tell himself that he will be a game show host in the future. :):
    Wait. Snoop Dog is a game show host?

I gotta say, I don’t miss TV.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thats a really difficult question to answer. Thats like asking what if you went back to the 1770's and discovered that George Washington never existed but was a made up fictional character meant to motivate the colonists to fight for independence. Our minds cant fathom that. It isnt even in the realm of possibility. For me, I can't fathom the possibility that Jesus didn't exist. Not just from a faith perspective, but because of all the historical documentation that supports that he did.
    It’s just reality. All it takes is a mindset that cares more about what is real and true than whatever beliefs you’ve invested in. If I went back and saw all the things in the Bible fulfilled, including seeing Jesus rise from the dead, yeah. I’d certainly adjust accordingly and probably go back to church.

What do you care about more? What you’ve believed in all your life? Or what’s true?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd like to do small fun things, nothing too serious.

I always thought it'd be fun to go back in time with Snoop Dogg of today and watch him have a conversation with a very young version of himself. I want to watch him tell himself that he will be a game show host in the future. :):

And be Martha Stewart's business partner... :):

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I would like to see the first atomic bomb testing in New Mexico, the first landing on the moon, Gettysburg address, Lincoln-Douglas debates, and probably the battle of Vienna in 1683. Those are my top pics, but there are so many other events as well

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think your premise is based on how big of an a-hole a person is, and whether they are doing the right thing and being a good person strictly because they are scared of hell if they dont.

I'd like to think I would continue to be a good person and treat others with respect and kindness because that is what you should do just to do it... not for some reward at the end of the journey.

Yep. Well said.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've been doing a lot of grave hunting, and ancestry stuff over the last year. I'd like to go back to the early 20s and tell my great grandpa what a flock his brood would turn into. And his great grandfather, old Daniel.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Some really great answers on here.
    Hadn’t ever thought of this but maybe spend some time with General Lee prior to his surrender, with Sherman as he was marching through Georgia just to gather what their thoughts were.
    Follow the assassins prior to the Kennedy and King murders, and spend some time with Roosevelt, Churchill, Eisenhower prior to D-Day.
    Be at the battle of the Alamo.
    Be at Ruby Ridge and Waco and find out what really happened.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The birth of Christ.

Great.

Then we have to continually hear you say, "Aaaaactshully, it wasn't in December.... and there's wasn't three wise men.... and they didn't show up 12 hours after birth.... and Jesus wasn't white, and Mary didn't wear a glowing white robe with blue...."

I'm going to ask a potentially dangerous question here, I mean this with all die respect and do t mean to derail the thread but many of you mention going back to see Jesus.

In the spirit of this huge what if thread. What if you went back, only find he didn't actually exist, Christian is actually not factual. And you in your journey never find evidence for any religion.

How would your life be different when you got back to your home time?

For instance, I'm not a believer, bit if I saw stuff from the Bible unfold before my eyes I'd certainly have to adjust my beliefs accordingly.

People are always looking for one more reason to confirm or deny what they already belief. There's already enough evidence to make your choice.

Anymore discussion should move over to the Christian thread.

Now I suppose I should answer the question...

I think it would be cool to see what dinosaurs actually looked like...
    Or maybe 1st century Rome...

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think 20 years ago for the lottery drawing.

:facepalm:
    does you no good.
    You go back to say 1999 (20 years ago) and you memorize the winning powerball numbers and then come back to present day and what? so you know the winning numbers from the past like everyone else in present time. you are no better off.

you need to travel to the future to get lotto results and then come back to present time to have that knowledge to be able to apply it to the jackpot thatbhas yet to win. doing that does not alter your own timeline.

and per the rules you cant affect the past so if you went back in time with say the winnimg numbers of the past 20 years you could not give them to yourself as that is against rhe rules of the OP. even if it was NOT against the rules by you doing that and then coming back to present time it wont be your present time but a different timeline since your past u would have won the lotto and does changed your timeline line.

u would come back to being rich or perhaps dirt poor depe ding on how well u managed your money. plus u mighr not be married to whomever u r married to, your family may or may not have disowned u, etc...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Great.

Then we have to continually hear you say, "Aaaaactshully, it wasn't in December.... and there's wasn't three wise men.... and they didn't show up 12 hours after birth.... and Jesus wasn't white, and Mary didn't wear a glowing white robe with blue...."

No, actually we have to be bombarded with the 'Believer' version including all of the above.

The Bible gives no specific date (like the 25th of December), just what was going on around "Mary & Joseph" and why they were traveling.
    "Mary & Joseph" on the way for Roman Census, middle of March, or 'Ides Of March'
    "Shepards In The Field", the only time shepards stay in the field is birthing season, end of April/Beginning of March.

"Mary & Joseph" were middle eastern Jews, before plastic surgery, so they would look like middle eastern Jews.
    Common sense on that one...

This makes no difference at all to me.
    White, brown or green, religion, absloutley none of it matters.
    'Holidays' get shifted all the time, celebrate when you want to, still means zero to me.

Being a skeptic, but understanding sacrifice, *IF* this child was born only to be tortured & murdered, with full forward knowledge of these coming events, then it was a seminal event that took courage beyond belief.

From my life experiences,
    Kids don't expect to be tortured & murdered,
    Marines, Soldiers, Sailers, Airmen know that it *Could* happen *If* captured, but we don't live with it as a certainty and we don't live with it as children.

As for time travel, I don't read fiction, so I'm not versed in what *Could* happen.
    The idea the event could preceed the cause makes my brain hurt...
    Something someone hasn't done YET can kill you doesn't sound like something I can deal with, I'm having a hard enough time with one way time!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom