• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    3 months in? Would have some better stuff than I do now.

All of this and NO mention of powered armor suits? What kind of preppers are you?! :D

Improvised mines, a definite situation. Not just with defense, but also when out and about. Something to make, but also something to watch out for! Another idea is to have a "main" storage area hidden away with some living space, but "live" in a different area. Leave the lights on in the main living area, make it look like someone is home. Meanwhile, up on a hill, preparing for attack... :D

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    This is a professional team

That is debateble. I think they were in over there heads and had no fundamentals for tactical entry. First clue: (looking at the tape) watch how they breached the upstairs window.

Did anyone notice the one huge glaring failure of the breach team? Every breach team knows how to enter. Every breach team has trained the entry until they do ti by muscle memory. If they don't or haven't, well, the tape doesn't lie.

But really, does anyone know what they did wrong right out of the gate?
    (leave the politics out... I mean the tactics)

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I would say after being probed a few time all the routes would be funneled to killzones and delay zones. These probably had already been in place in some capacity, now you we have reason to make them "live". I would have sent out a tracking/recon team after I had good reason to think it was not random and the same party was testing the defenses. After the recon return info enough to act on, orders would be issued to disarm or eliminate any threats and gather what information they could from said group. I would hope that would lead to a nest or more equipment before it ended up trashing all the calories we put into fortifying our perimeter.
    Sounds like most of the same answers on here. Great Minds think Alike!!!!

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Superior firepower including 2 .50bmgs with lots of AP and API ammo.

3 months into an event there will be mines and traps.

Any team small enough to be able for me to repel who can muster the resources named will have more trouble than me around here.

Nothing like big guns and friends with guns too eh?:rockwoot:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    In the OP's scenario I'd probably have bugged out after the 2nd probe happened on my position, why the 2nd & not after the 1st? because the 2nd probe clearly demonstrates a determination on their part to repeatedly risk their lives trying to capture what they now know to be a "hardened/defended" position.

But try to understand that I am a "survivalist" in the truest sense of the word, no matter how well trained, prepared or equipped I am, I know that there are no guarantees that I would be able to successfully fight off a band of determined marauders.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    If outnumbered and out gunned, I would have an escape plan in place. Get out with what we can carry and live to fight another day....

papasmurf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    Indy
    3 Months in I would have ditches dug and a pipe bomb minefield in place (both pressure and remote triggered). Those coupled with scoped rifles and all the other goodies me and mine would OWN them.

Come to think about it after a second raid by the same group I would probably track them and go for a night hunt. Dark camo, bows, and knives. Quiet and quick, either wipe them all out or make them realize we are the biggest, meanest, and baddest MFers around.

C.H.U.D.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Elkhart
    Really

Why is it that all of the armchair Rambo asume that the otherside is untrained and stupid?? Mybe the first couple of probs were just that [probs]
    . Maybe these guy just got close enough to draw a reaction and now know how and from where your defence will come from , or maybe the just set you up for their snipers. These attackers have made it 3 mounth in and still can afford more than one assault so maybe they have more resourse than you assume and can fuel there death machine. As for funneling them into a kill zone ,what ever you use to funnel them may also give them cover, and GOING HUNTING like Rambo? they just so stupid that the dont have security around their camp , I would,but I forgot your a ninjia.
    Truth being told most of you would have busted acap in your brainpan because of the lack of being able to text or play C.O.D. online
    THE biggest mistake in a shtf senario would be to think your the only one prepared, chance are if it 3 month in and their out there still they must have some skills and arm of course the op didnt say how many you have or what you face, if they can get armour to your door they must be determened so I'd fall back to a secondary location and boobytrap what I leave behind. [you really shoud have a secondary no matter how good you think you are a Keep as the called it , A last ditch place to fall back on, I see so many on this sight bragging on their prep that it would probly be other members how deside that your life not as inportant as what you have and come to look you up

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Why is it that all of the armchair Rambo asume that the otherside is untrained and stupid?? Mybe the first couple of probs were just that [probs]
    . Maybe these guy just got close enough to draw a reaction and now know how and from where your defence will come from , or maybe the just set you up for their snipers. These attackers have made it 3 mounth in and still can afford more than one assault so maybe they have more resourse than you assume and can fuel there death machine. As for funneling them into a kill zone ,what ever you use to funnel them may also give them cover, and GOING HUNTING like Rambo? they just so stupid that the dont have security around their camp , I would,but I forgot your a ninjia.
    Truth being told most of you would have busted acap in your brainpan because of the lack of being able to text or play C.O.D. online
    THE biggest mistake in a shtf senario would be to think your the only one prepared, chance are if it 3 month in and their out there still they must have some skills and arm of course the op didnt say how many you have or what you face, if they can get armour to your door they must be determened so I'd fall back to a secondary location and boobytrap what I leave behind. [you really shoud have a secondary no matter how good you think you are a Keep as the called it , A last ditch place to fall back on, I see so many on this sight bragging on their prep that it would probly be other members how deside that your life not as inportant as what you have and come to look you up

If they got around my booby traps and I was forced to bug out, I would be sure to poison every bit of food I was forced to leave behind. Especially the liquor.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    Doesn't matter how BA you are or what kind of cool toys you have. If there are 100 armed and armored raiders and only 1,2, or 3 of you, you're pretty much hosed. In a situation like that, I can't see the lone wolf holding out for long.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If they got around my booby traps and I was forced to bug out, I would be sure to poison every bit of food I was forced to leave behind. Especially the liquor.

+1

The fastest way to get rid of an enemy is a little poison. Quiet, efficient, and you don't have to be within 20 miles for it to be effective. Poison one bottle of liquor and you can take out a boatload of pirates.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

The Jose Cuervo is going with me and that is not up for debate. Other than that its all fair game for a little rat poison for the looters.

Top Bottom