• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah I didn't really think it was Tofu. I did see a youtube video recently where someone tried to make what they called "Tofu burnt ends" He basically cut it up in cubes and dusted it in regular bbq seasonings then put it on the smoker for awhile then sauced it and finished it off on the grill. Basically did it the same way you would do meat burnt ends. He said the flavor wasn't too bad but the texture was pretty awful. It just sounds so wrong.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Put some pork loin jerky on my Green Mountain pellet pooper over lunch, should be done shortly after I get home from work. This will be the 3rd time I've done jerky on the pellet grill, it turns out awesome. The first time was beef and the second was pork just like this run. I use Hunt Chef jerky seasoning kits, they are the best I have ever had. 20221109_122901.jpg

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Put some pork loin jerky on my Green Mountain pellet pooper over lunch, should be done shortly after I get home from work. This will be the 3rd time I've done jerky on the pellet grill, it turns out awesome. The first time was beef and the second was pork just like this run. I use Hunt Chef jerky seasoning kits, they are the best I have ever had. View attachment 235749
    What method do you use for shaving the meat

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    What method do you use for shaving the meat
    I just us my brisket slicing knife, it is an absolute razor. Once the loin is trimmed and ready, I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes or so until it stiffens up. I then slice it into 1/4" slices, putting it back into the freezer as I need to. I do have a cheapo slice from rural king, but it doesn't work very well.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Can't believe I didn't see this thread yet....sadly, haven't fired up my grill all year. I need to get back to it next year

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom