• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    you cannot make a firearm for anyone else and the ARs you make can never be sold or transferred to any other person.

The law is pretty clear on this, you are correct that you cannot make a gun for someone else. You cannot make a gun with the intention of selling it at all.

Here is where the but comes in, you can sell it as you would a normal gun, you can even take it through a gun shop (although they will require you to serialize it and brand it) Just make sure you don't make a bunch and try to sell them out to your friends, this is very illegal without the proper licensing.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    The law is pretty clear on this, you are correct that you cannot make a gun for someone else. You cannot make a gun with the intention of selling it at all.

Here is where the but comes in, you can sell it as you would a normal gun, you can even take it through a gun shop (although they will require you to serialize it and brand it) Just make sure you don't make a bunch and try to sell them out to your friends, this is very illegal without the proper licensing.

Please cite your source ?

I'm also in for a buy of 2 (either forgings or 80%)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Guys, talking with local dealers and they tell me the blanks are being bought as soon as they can be found and are not going to be available easily.

Talked to one today who is trying to corner 400 and even with money up front and in hand it is an ordeal.

I would go in for one or two if it is possible, or if someone can make it possible - I'd pay ahead for it and all. But this ain't gonna be as easy as that. I would suggest everyone start looking and seeing what is available anywhere. If you find any, PM the people in this thread and share it. Then we will have some remnant of a plan.

The big issue here is what happens at the end of January. If an AWB gets put on the table for real and it includes AR's then finding blanks will be neigh on impossible. Additionally, there is every possibility that it could include some kind of "home manufacturer loophole closure" right along with a "gunshot loophole" at which point we would have to make quickly.

So, please, if you have the time to post about jumping in on a group buy, take a few minutes to do some research and post on what has failed - and PM on what has worked.

:)

togden812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Osgood
    I have spent the last few hours researching this, and I am in. I have just sent an email to Ares Armor asking about their current inventory. Once I hear from them I will let you guys know what they have.

togden812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Osgood
    Well I just did some further digging at Ares and found this.

80% Lowers STOCK UPDATE

EVERYTHING is out of stock. That is right... EVERYTHING

PLEASE ONLY PLACE YOUR ORDER IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WAIT FOR YOUR PRODUCTS.

We are one of the few companies that are refusing to price gouge. Please be aware though that several of our distributors are already gouging us. There are more than a few products that we are selling for the same or less than what we are buying them for. If this continues we will be forced to raise prices slightly. We are going to hold off raising prices as long as humanly possible.

Mike is doing his best to get back to everyone emails. The average response time is less than 72 hours. You can contact him using the contact form on the bottom of the page or email directly at Mike@aresarmor.com.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I looked around a little (as long as I could stand using my phone) and found nothing. A couple on gunbroker for $250 which is crazy.

As far as those blanks, I have a 0% if that's what you are referring to. It can be done but it is a LOT more work.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I looked around a little (as long as I could stand using my phone) and found nothing. A couple on gunbroker for $250 which is crazy.

As far as those blanks, I have a 0% if that's what you are referring to. It can be done but it is a LOT more work.

My father in law works at a machine shop and might be able to set the machine up for me (program it) so that I can babysit it and hit the run button.

That's about all I could find.

I found some 80% ones that were on 8 week back order but nothing available rt. now.

Top Bottom