• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    Okay, I just ordered the tooling for my mini mill, should be shipping in about 2 weeks. I am also going to put in another order for 80% lowers. I have spoken with Chris over at billet80.com, and he agreed to give me a quantity discount. I'd like to order at least 25 lowers.

I am looking for more interest, if i reicieve it I will start a group buy for the lowers, and will host a build party, either at my house, or place of work. (home is east side, work is west side) In order for this party to work, i think equipment wise we will need 2 additional drill presses. With my mini mill and drill press, we can have 4 station for people to work at.

Also while we are lower building, i will have me 3d printer turning out 20 and 30 round mags for us all to play with. Ban that feinstein!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Please update with group pricing as soon as you have it. Thanks!
    I should be in for one and be at the party.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I am in pending group buy prices. Looks like these will be a little higher since they are billet.

He has this on his site:

1/20/13-Currently our oldest order is from 1/8/13. We have shipped all orders 310 and lower.

All of our lowers are built to order. We are only taking 15 new lower orders per day. Your order should ship within 3-4 weeks. Please do not email us asking for status update on your order or inquire on stock levels as the stock levels noted are how many orders we are still taking for the day.

Did he give you any idea of leadtime for a run of 25?

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    He did not give me a lead time, I got my order to my house in 13 days. I would expect it to be longer than that, but hopefully not too much longer. I will ask him to give me a price on 25 and 50, and see how much he responds with.

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    quentin defense in Arizona is another source also. when I put my order in they were running about 10 weeks out with all the AR madness.

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Read a lot of the string but did not see anything in the parts I read about if there are any businesses around the indy are that can duracoat, anodize or do custom engraving.... anyone know of any such places?

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Read a lot of the string but did not see anything in the parts I read about if there are any businesses around the indy are that can duracoat, anodize or do custom engraving.... anyone know of any such places?

I have taken a lot of non-firearm stuff to 'Industrial Anodizing' and they do a great job. I don't know what their policy/capability is on firearms.

matodd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Delphi
    you may want to try this supplier, I have completed 2 of their 80% and they have been good quality. tacticalmachining.com

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Tempting to just smelt some alum in the back yard:

Quick and cheap aluminum melting furnace setup

Many moons ago I tried this-it is far harder than it sounds! Though I was younger, less experienced and less well funded than I am now... ;)

Varasha-I am Lafayette based but am willing to travel if it is feasible given the day. I have a drill press with appropriate drill bits, carbide mills, etc, would like help moving it because it is a damn heavy but have a truck and could definitely transport it. I have some 80%'s that I would love to have help with. DIYGuns.US makes 80%'s as well for reasonable prices though they are out of stock right now.

I saw a link on calguns.net where they rented out a machine shop with a machinist to help and made a lotta 80% --> 100%'s. I would love to do this even if it is after the AWB talk dies down. In the mean time I would love to meet up and do some machining and if you have a CNC or a mill or whatever you said you had that would be awesome!!!

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Wow. Just looked at billet80 and their 80%'s are expensive!!! You can get them for as low as $90 and perhaps less if you bulk order. Perhaps we can contact manufacturers and ask for bulk discounts this is the list I am aware of:

DIYGuns.US: Products

Quentin Defense: quentin-laser.com

Tactical Machining: 80% Receivers - 80% Products

Billet80: BRS 80% AR Lower Receivers

Elite Tactical Weapons: 80% Receivers & Jigs - Elite Tactical Weapons, LLC, manufacture and sell custom AR-15 and .308 rifles and accessories. Complete machine shop.

KT Ordnance: KT Ordnance - Dillon, MT - Order Page

AR15plus: https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/products_category.asp?CategoryID=29

Savvy Survivor OSI Gunsmithing Tools

I found a few I didn't know about on this google expedition! I hope someone finds it useful (hopefully soon). I think generally these probably aren't a cost-effective way to build an AR but since 3D printing isn't there yet (soon I hope!!!) this is an alternate way to support an industry that enables gun owners to continue to be free and supports learning some of the skills necessary to keep us that way. :twocents:

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I have taken a lot of non-firearm stuff to 'Industrial Anodizing' and they do a great job. I don't know what their policy/capability is on firearms.

Thanks nucular I may have to call and ask them. I know it can be done as DIY but not hard anodizing. I woulf like to find a CNC engraver to after all after I make it work it would be nice to make it look nice to :rockwoot:

4GvnSnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Myself and a few friends may be in for this depending on final price.

Rguns has 0% blanks for like $20 if someone really wanted to save money and get ambitious.

Top Bottom