• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Part 4 is now up. These guys have imposed their form of sharia law on the people they've conquered.
    [video=youtube_share;cGQwTOsh__0]http://youtu.be/cGQwTOsh__0[/video]

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just disgusting. To think how our own media covers the religious right in our own country but don't say or show anything remotely like VICE news does.
    A part of me believes that they need to be wiped out. Erased from the Earth. Why play fair when they don't?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The final part is out. It doesn't cover a lot, just their entry up to Iraq. I did find it interesting that many of the IS fighters were carrying American weapons. Guess there were plenty to pick up when the Iraqi's dropped them and ran.

[video=youtube_share;TxX_THjtXOw]http://youtu.be/TxX_THjtXOw[/video]

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I may be wrong, but I think the problems with Islam in the Middle East may have more to do with ancient tribal feuding than the tenets of Islam itself. To my (limited) knowledge, Indonesia has a large Muslim population, and there has been a radical Muslim insurgency there, but it doesn't appear to have gained "legs" like the RIFs have in the Middle East. Perhaps this is because the strategic position of the Middle Eastern oil reserves is a magnet for foreign intervention (and thus a multitude of easily-obtained weaponry and cash) that doesn't seem to be present in the Far East.

It seems pretty evident to me that at some point there will have to be a military showdown between the West and the radical Islamists of the Middle East. Like some others here, I hope that when that showdown occurs, we will do everything necessary to eliminate them as a threat to us and to our culture.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On a related note. IS is making up their "philosophy" as they go along, not even pretending to adhere to the koran where the yazdis and christians are concerned.

What great news! Now the U.S. does not have to be involved at all.

We can simply depend on the many, many moderate Muslims who will rush over and destroy IS.

Whew! What a relief.:D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is no denying there are atrocities. And again, I can be quite the cynic.

But, I can't help thinking about this when the discussion turns to IS atrocities.
    Nayirah (testimony) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not saying IS isn't doing all these bad things, just that a certain amount of skepticism may be appropriate.
    oh, I'm quite certain the photo in the link above your post must have been photoshopped.

:rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

But, I can't help thinking about this when the discussion turns to IS atrocities.

Not saying IS isn't doing all these bad things, just that a certain amount of skepticism may be appropriate.
    I think that analogy would only hold up if the Iraqi army had gone on Youtube posting videos of themselves committing those atrocities. They were accused of (and denied) these things... IS is bragging about their actions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess I forgot to say that IS is committing atrocities? No, it looks like I did say that.

My only, perhaps too subtle for INGO, point is that we should be diligent about separating what we know (or what we can verify) and what we can't. IS is clearly using terror to achieve their goals. One "fruit" of that is that horrors may be attributed to them that they did not do.

There are sufficient reasons to hate IS for what they confirm for themselves that we need not convert them to a bogeyman for other things.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess I forgot to say that IS is committing atrocities? No, it looks like I did say that.

My only, perhaps too subtle for INGO, point is that we should be diligent about separating what we know (or what we can verify) and what we can't. IS is clearly using terror to achieve their goals. One "fruit" of that is that horrors may be attributed to them that they did not do.

There are sufficient reasons to hate IS for what they confirm for themselves that we need not convert them to a bogeyman for other things.

This may be true, however when Al Qaeda distances itself from your group because your tactics are too brutal even for them, that's pretty damning. Maybe some of the "kinder, gentler" atrocities are being perpetrated by some other group.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it doesn't matter much at this point. News is different now. It's instantaneous and no longer institutionalized. It's visual. It's everywhere. Anyone with a smartphone can see what IS does because THEY THEMSELVES have posted much of it.

Really, given the crucifixions, beheadings, and other heinous acts of terrorism we know they've done, should we think any better of them if someone accuses them of taking babies out of incubators and then find out that part is not true? Does it really matter?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is why a good education is one of the most important things in the world......
    Well, America is screwed.

On a related note. IS is making up their "philosophy" as they go along, not even pretending to adhere to the koran where the yazdis and christians are concerned.

ISIS Is Ignoring Islam's Teachings on Yazidis and Christians - TIME
    Most of them always have been to some extent. Or at least bending circumstances to fit the philosophy.

The small girl with a gaping, bloody, hole where her head/neck and been tells me there's not much room for skepticism when it comes to IS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ISIS Is Ignoring Islam's Teachings on Yazidis and Christians - TIME

Most of them always have been to some extent. Or at least bending circumstances to fit the philosophy.

Once an authoritative document is said to be "living" then it is forever subjective in nature, whether it is a religious document or political.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    The lil guy at the end talking about they will fly their flag over the white house.... Well, all I could think about the whole time he was talking was" OPEN YOUR EYES YOU FREAK!" He's the muslim version of Napoleon Dynamite.

Top Bottom