• ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    A question to collectors

In the last several years I have been collecting what I refer to as "Weapons of War". I have one each of the biggies, that is a Garand, Mauser, Luger, Enfield, etc. What is really beginning to bug me lately is the difficulty in my quest for a Colt model 1909/M1917 revolver. Sure, there are some out there but the examples I have been offered are either in really bad shape, painted, or just too darn expensive. I'm not looking for a trophy, just a clean battle worn example that I can shoot. Is that too much to ask?
    What gets my ire up is when a person has one for sale and in our discussion mentions to me that he has 8-10-12 of these fine old revolvers in his "collection". Why do you want so many? It seems to me that you are depriving others like me of the opportunity to own one of these fine relics. How many do you need?
    I know I'm probably whizzing into the wind about this. Please don't judge and I'd like to know how others feel. Does anybody agree with me? I'm just attempting to start an honest discussion on this and maybe, just maybe, appeal to those which have so many to assist those of us with honest desires.
    This isn’t aging well, considering your latest ad to rid yourself of the evil scary black gun.
    Don’t be a flake.
    Probably too late though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This isn’t aging well, considering your latest ad to rid yourself of the evil scary black gun.
    Don’t be a flake.
    I just had to look at the ad... sorry I did.

I just plain don't understand that mindset.

I did check the AR in my vault - nope, not a single sign of misbehaving. Weirdly, it's as if it's an inanimate object incapable of being good or evil on it's own.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The biggest irony to me in all this is that we have a guy who doesn't want to have an AR-15 around, supposedly because an AR-15 was used to murder innocents. This same guy likes to collect WW2 weapons, including German ones.

Who's going to break the news to him?
    6b085a8bedd540b448a0191c2e612902.gif

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I just had to look at the ad... sorry I did.

I just plain don't understand that mindset.

I did check the AR in my vault - nope, not a single sign of misbehaving. Weirdly, it's as if it's an inanimate object incapable of being good or evil on it's own.
    “The” as in singular?!? That’s the problem. You need more than one, so they can talk and scheme and then figure out who the sucker is of the group and get him to break out of the safe.
    Not that I have more than one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Don’t be a flake.
    WOW! Looks like if he was truly revolted he’d just saw it in two and junk it. That is, to keep another school shooting with an AR from happening.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    WOW! Looks like if he was truly revolted he’d just saw it in two and junk it. That is, to keep another school shooting with an AR from happening.
    Gotta be careful about sawing guns in half, though. I seem to recall some lefty politician sawing an AR-15 "in half" as a political stunt, but all she ended up doing was cutting part of the barrel off, thereby illegally making an SBR. Of course she was never prosecuted, being a leftist politician, but the average Joe on the streets who has to follow laws might not be so lucky...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Gotta be careful about sawing guns in half, though. I seem to recall some lefty politician sawing an AR-15 "in half" as a political stunt, but all she ended up doing was cutting part of the barrel off, thereby illegally making an SBR. Of course she was never prosecuted, being a leftist politician, but the average Joe on the streets who has to follow laws might not be so lucky...
    Good point. Maybe a police department but back? Get those weapons of war off the streets forever!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    This is absolutely hilarious :lmfao:, I have been wondering when the "evil gun" sell off would begin. Would not mind picking up another nice AR on the cheap.
    Just thinking of MCgrease’s old sig line about you not doing anything cheap when I ask this, but surely you don’t mean this one? :)

Also, he said “high moral character”. :)

Top Bottom