Absolute Frustration! An OC experience...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Nope, it was the middle of church. Figured, not the best time to turn around and slug someone. He started it though, and then HAD THE NERVE to tell me, 'You won't punch me, you're a girl!', which really just set me off. I got 'the look' from one of the ladies on the platform watching it go down.

If I ever see that guy again, he will be getting a well deserved punch.

Don't get me started on the subject of your church...I think you shoulda punched him.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Don't get me started on the subject of your church...I think you shoulda punched him.

You don't have an opinion. We've discussed this. At length... a lot...

I won't let IRL conversations we have transpose here. It's not one else's business.

And I learned my lesson, we don't talk about religion on the forum. I read that mysterious FAQ. :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    We've discussed this. At length... a lot...

I won't let conversations we have transpose here. It's not one else's business. :D
    With a little creative editing that comment became much more interesting...

Blue Eagle does your fiance know f these mysterious conversions you have with Catie?! :popcorn::):

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    So******,,if one or more of us claim that OC is our religion will discussing OC be banned????? I can think of a few others besides myself that this could be applied to.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    With a little creative editing that comment became much more interesting...

Blue Eagle does your fiance know f these mysterious conversions you have with Catie?! :popcorn::):

lol. Actually Catielynn and my fiancee and I hang out together all the time. Cat was just over at our house....when was it? Earlier this week? Or last weekend? In fact, it was me telling her about this thread that got my fiancee to join the site.

I've come home from work before and they've been sitting there in the living room....gets quiet when I arrive. Sometimes I think they are plotting my demise. :tinfoil:

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    lol. Actually Catielynn and my fiancee and I hang out together all the time. Cat was just over at our house....when was it? Earlier this week? Or last weekend? In fact, it was me telling her about this thread that got my fiancee to join the site.

I've come home from work before and they've been sitting there in the living room....gets quiet when I arrive. Sometimes I think they are plotting my demise. :tinfoil:

And using the forums, you will never know. :whistle: Ever.

To everyone that has said anything, or has even just read it and kept up with whatever it is we're talking about now... Thank you. You have kept my frustration level from exploding through the roof. And you all have given great tips and whatnot. :)

Seriously.

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    Honestly, the part that got me the most was the lines, 'she's just showing off' and 'ZOMG YOU HAVE A GUN?! WHAAAAT?!' I mean, the second one was from a guy old enough to have a child my age. I felt so completely disrespected as a woman, let alone by a man old enough to be my father.

He tried to play it off on the way back, but I think they all knew I was fuming. However, whistling the theme for The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was not exactly what I wanted to walk back into work hearing. I tolerate everything to a point, but dear lord, it needed to stop. Especially when they wouldn't let me finish a sentence, or try and disrupt my logical argument. They're engineers for goodness sake! They should understand LOGIC!

Once again I have been allowed to grow a little faith in society, and obviously, it was murdered in cold blood again.

FWIW, I'm also an engineer, and I OC...

The reason they disrupted your logical argument is because they knew they were about to be owned, and didn't want you to finish what you were saying.

It's kind of strange to me that there would be more than 1 person like this in any part of KY. I've never been anywhere in KY that wasn't either a small town or a place I didn't feel right not carrying.

I think odds are good that they colluded while you were getting a cupcake, and were messing with you, for whatever reason. It's obvious that they weren't being playful about it, but maybe they saw it as a time/situation to "put you in your place".

Mike

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    To the OP. I would just tell the co-workers when they asked why you carry a gun that it's because you don't feel confident in their ability to protect you in the event that SHTF. Then I would go about finishing my yummy cupcake.

Catielynnb, please don't let this idiots ruin your day EVER!

The next time any guy decides to rant on about your privilege to protect yourself, throw it right back in his face and tell him that you carry because he doesn't the nadz to carry himself and that you would kindly protect him and yourself if the need arises.

Right after saying that, stomp on the ground and grind the the ball of you foot and say "Got it", then "Whoops, sorry that was your nadz down there" and walk away.

BTW, rock on with that 709 on the hip, to bad it's not a stainless slide, girls need some bling to match the looks.:cool:

When not carrying my full size Taurus 809, I have the 709ss with me, it's a precious little jewel.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    FWIW, I'm also an engineer, and I OC...
    Me, too. In fact I travel all over North America. I pretty much refuse to hang out with people from work, especially after work where we "typically" hang out together when we're out of town. Nope. And most of them are good people. I eat better and have 10x more fun than them.

My question, are you going to hang around these people again? Even for lunch? You are the master of your own destiny.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It is a Taurus 709 Slim. :) 7+1 today. BlueEagle should be proud.

Also, thanks for the photo comment. I try, and that was just with an app on my phone.

It's been a hectic day since... oh, 12:15 when all this started. Monday might even be better. >.>

Edit: And, the only reason I can quantify putting a photo up is because at this point, you guys don't scare me to much. I'm okay with the snide woman comments, but forewarning, I can fling mud too. I go to school with all boys, and I work with all boys. Obviously not men, but that's another conversation for another day. Engineering school and the profession help make you immune to the women-in-the-kitchen comments.

Don't scare you. Darn. Must be loosing our touch.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Just carry on...

OC'ing isn't bad; and you shouldn't feel bad for doing it.
    But I will say that if you OC, be prepared for confrontation and know how to handle it in favor of your rights without getting into an argument.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Honestly, the part that got me the most was the lines, 'she's just showing off' and 'ZOMG YOU HAVE A GUN?! WHAAAAT?!' I mean, the second one was from a guy old enough to have a child my age. I felt so completely disrespected as a woman, let alone by a man old enough to be my father.

He tried to play it off on the way back, but I think they all knew I was fuming. However, whistling the theme for The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was not exactly what I wanted to walk back into work hearing. I tolerate everything to a point, but dear lord, it needed to stop. Especially when they wouldn't let me finish a sentence, or try and disrupt my logical argument. They're engineers for goodness sake! They should understand LOGIC!

Once again I have been allowed to grow a little faith in society, and obviously, it was murdered in cold blood again.

Engineers are people too. People respond to emotion faster than logic. Logic can prevail eventually. But in the here and now, emotion pursuades faster.
    If you have to use your weapon (which I hope you don't have to), they will be your best buddies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Wow, and they seriously thought they were acting appropriately?

Maybe next time, drive yourself to lunch I guess?

Without being there, based upon your statements I think you probably did as good as you could but there probably is no winning an argument (based on logic or otherwise) with a group of people who all disagree with you.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Catielynnb, you are cute!

Seriously though, engineers do not equate to having logic and common sense...you are in weird situation where you need to nip that crap in the bud, however, it wouldn't be anything for those guys to rat you out about carrying a weapon and risking losing your job.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Catie, how about either giving the "men" involved these links or printing them out and laying them on their desks? Ask them what their plan is if they are caught in that kind of situation.
    Luby's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck, little sister.

I almost forgot this. Ohio man kills wife and daughter in shooting rampage at Cracker Barrel restaurant, police say - Crimesider - CBS News

How would your "friends" have liked to have been there?

Good point to mention Dr. Gratia and her parents at Luby's.

There was also a nice comparison made in re: that mass-murder:

Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

Of note, the line about "What, you think you're going to be attacked at lunch?" would have earned from me a "Oh. That's right. Those only happen to 'other people' and 'somewhere else'. Who are we again, to those folks across the street? Yeah, that's right. Other people, and somewhere else."

Or, on Monday, you could just have a package of Pampers sitting on the driver's desk with a note: "Since you almost wet yourself at the sight of a girl whose balls are bigger than yours, (and since I won't stop carrying,) I thought I'd bring you something to help."

In all seriousness, you handled it very well, as I said earlier. The first comment is likely, the second, less so, but that's just my snarky side. If he doesn't choose to carry or respect your right to do so, that's his right. His right stops at your belt, though. He can voice his opinion, but he can't stop you from protecting yourself. Illegitimi non carborundum. (faux-Latin, but it works)

Blessings,
    Bill

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Catielynnb, please don't let this idiots ruin your day EVER!

The next time any guy decides to rant on about your privilege to protect yourself, throw it right back in his face and tell him that you carry because he doesn't the nadz to carry himself and that you would kindly protect him and yourself if the need arises.

Right after saying that, stomp on the ground and grind the the ball of you foot and say "Got it", then "Whoops, sorry that was your nadz down there" and walk away.

BTW, rock on with that 709 on the hip, to bad it's not a stainless slide, girls need some bling to match the looks.:cool:

When not carrying my full size Taurus 809, I have the 709ss with me, it's a precious little jewel.

Sad thing, this is in the outskirts of Louisville, and this guy was a formerly in the Army. He's a bit opinionated imho.

A stomp. :D I like this plan...

I wanted the SS but it was quite a bit more than the plain one. And, my new rifle has some pretty SS on it. :)

Of note, the line about "What, you think you're going to be attacked at lunch?" would have earned from me a "Oh. That's right. Those only happen to 'other people' and 'somewhere else'. Who are we again, to those folks across the street? Yeah, that's right. Other people, and somewhere else."

Or, on Monday, you could just have a package of Pampers sitting on the driver's desk with a note: "Since you almost wet yourself at the sight of a girl whose balls are bigger than yours, (and since I won't stop carrying,) I thought I'd bring you something to help."

In all seriousness, you handled it very well, as I said earlier. The first comment is likely, the second, less so, but that's just my snarky side. If he doesn't choose to carry or respect your right to do so, that's his right. His right stops at your belt, though. He can voice his opinion, but he can't stop you from protecting yourself. Illegitimi non carborundum. (faux-Latin, but it works)

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks Bill. :) I'll save that line in my little book of awesome sayings.
    And I think the Pampers idea would just finalize the nail in my coffin, but dear lord would it be hilarious.

Thanks, I am trying to overcome all this stupidity, but, as mentioned somewhere in the thread previously, I've only OC'd a handful of times and every time I'm met with something like this. It's just furthering my opinion on CC'ing.

Top Bottom