• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you think that it's not racist to avoid people because of their race, I really don't think we have anything to discuss.
    He didn't imply he was avoiding people because of their race and you know that. That is what you're trying to twist it into.

He implied that according to some poll that 1/2 of a group hates him because of his skin color. He decided to put distance between them because of their hate towards him.

I would say that if there is a group of a 1000 people in a parking lot and half of them are racist towards me, then yeah I would avoid that group as well.

The worst part is that some stupid polls like this exist in the first place, and then they get used and twisted into this sort of BS.

But then again you knew that, that's why you posted it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And I don't know where you are getting "avid Trumper." I voted for him as the less stinky of two buckets of **** twice, and liked the way he pissed off actual far leftist types like Antifa and such. But that has nothing to do with calling out actual racism.

There has never been a more ignorant statement than "If everything is racism, then nothing is racism."
    Oh. And you didn't deny becoming a lefty nutter. :):

Oh, c'mon. That's funny and you know it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll just reiterate a point that I made earlier about Adams possibly being a bit sarcastic in saying that white people should avoid black people.because they are a hate group. If those in the poll think white people, are racist then maybe white people shouldn't have anything to do with black people. if they feel that way then just stay away from them is the vibe I'm getting.

I think Adams was being a bit extreme trying to illustrate a point.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    His stupidity was making a life decision based on some stupid poll, and then putting his thoughts out where they were free to be twisted and used by people who love to keep beating the racist drum.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well. That's binary thinking. :):

No. It's predudice. It's stereotyping. One could make a legitimate argument that he's a bigot. But you're so used to society using "racism" against everything racially related that you're incensed when someone wants to apply the right word to a given thing.

When I say it's not racism per se, you act like you think I'm not sufficiently disparaging Adams. And that's your mistake, not mine. We don't apply words because of their severity. We apply them because of their meaning. I get the feeling that you perceive that "racism" is the proper word because it's uber bad to be a racist. And it doesn't sound bad enough if you apply prejudice or stereotype, or even bigot.

I don't see where Adam's thinks his race is inherently superior. If you can find something he's said that would be indicative of that, then I'll say that's appropriate. But as it is, at worst he's just a bigot who is applying stereotypes and prejudice.
    In your usual fashion, your goal is to be technically correct...the best kind of correct. I suppose at this level, you win. I can't compete.

:):

Prejudice, bigotry, racism...all different words for the same kind of sentiments that come from the same place in the heart, if you ask me. Perhaps different levels of severity, but whether you call a piece of **** a turd, dookie or a dropping, it still stinks. I care less about the Merriam-Webster definition than the social definition. Words are given their meaning by society, not by a dictionary. That's why the dictionary occasionally has to be updated, not the other way around.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry 'bout that. Unfortunate side effect of not strictly identifying with red or blue.

I'll try harder to praise Jesus, vote Republican, yell at drag queens, open carry, listen to Tucker Carlson and read ZeroHedge.

Might even switch to carrying a 1911, if it makes everyone feel better. Ruger ok?

I don't praise Jesus.

I may tend to vote Republican but that's only because democrats are all bat **** crazy.

I don't care about drag queens, but it's legitimate to ask why all of a sudden they're performing shows in their underwear in front of toddlers, and why the establishment fights so hard to say that's normal.

I don't open carry. I prefer concealed.

I don't listen to Tucker Carlson, and I don't read ZeroHedge without scrutiny.

Point is, it causes you to want to dig your nails in. I think it's that you have a different worldview and you resent theirs. It seems like you started this thread so you could say to yourself, look at all these racist conservatives defending this racist.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    His stupidity was making a life decision based on some stupid poll, and then putting his thoughts out where they were free to be twisted and used by people who love to keep beating the racist drum.
    This is why reacting to polls should be avoided at all costs.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sorry 'bout that. Unfortunate side effect of not strictly identifying with red or blue.

I'll try harder to praise Jesus, vote Republican, yell at drag queens, open carry, listen to Tucker Carlson and read ZeroHedge.

Might even switch to carrying a 1911, if it makes everyone feel better. Ruger ok?

Maybe you should avoid that hate group.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In your usual fashion, your goal is to be technically correct...the best kind of correct. I suppose at this level, you win. I can't compete.

No. The goal is to represent reality as honestly as I can. Is Adams a racist? I don't see where he is. But I do think one could apply bigot. A racism is a type of bigotry. But a bigot is not necessarily a racist. Part of getting reality right is using the right language to describe it.

Prejudice, bigotry, racism...all different words for the same kind of sentiments that come from the same place in the heart, if you ask me.
    Maybe so. But this confirms my thinking of your reasoning. What he said was abhorrent to you, so you pick the word to describe it for the degree of severity it implies, not the actual meaning of it.

It seems like you're taking offense to me saying it's not racism because you don't think the words I chose are sever enough to convey the offense that Adams made. But my goal isn't about the degree of offense. It's just to use a word that means the thing he did. I'm not condoning his remarks. So stop looking for disavowal signaling. That's a social contagion. I said what he did is bad. Take my word for it. Don't require me to apply words that don't fit.

Perhaps different levels of severity, but whether you call a piece of **** a turd, dookie or a dropping, it still stinks. I care less about the Merriam-Webster definition than the social definition. Words are given their meaning by society, not by a dictionary. That's why the dictionary occasionally has to be updated, not the other way around.
    This is nonsense. And it's one of the reasons people are sorting themselves on extreme sides. We (rhetorical "we" not me) are not using language to convey meaning anymore, we're using language to convey degrees of offense. C'mon. Man. Start caring more about reality than signaling your degree goodness.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't praise Jesus.

I may tend to vote Republican but that's only because democrats are all bat **** crazy.

I don't care about drag queens, but it's legitimate to ask why all of a sudden they're performing shows in their underwear in front of toddlers, and why the establishment fights so hard to say that's normal.

I don't open carry. I prefer concealed.

I don't listen to Tucker Carlson, and I don't read ZeroHedge without scrutiny.

Point is, it causes you to want to dig your nails in. I think it's that you have a different worldview and you resent theirs. It seems like you started this thread so you could say to yourself, look at all these racist conservatives defending this racist.
    So...Ruger is ok, then? :):

I posted it because I actually like the Dilbert strip. I think I've even posted a few panels, if I remember correctly. I never really knew all that much about Adams, and was surprised at this level of WTF from him. And I thought that the story might have wings, and wanted to be early to post a thread about it. "Get the scoop," so to speak. Not that I'm making any money at it. :)

Plus, you can't deny that, in this current social climate, it's a hot topic.

And my only point is really...

gettysburg-pea-wit.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you think that it's not racist to avoid people because of their race, I really don't think we have anything to discuss.

If the majority of a race, any race, acts racist towards your race, you may tend to avoid that race. That may meet the technical definition of racism, but it's more learned behavior due to the action of a particular group. We have people in power saying that white people should be eliminated and all sorts of hateful things like that and it's fine, because they've pushed a narrative that they can say anything they want and not be termed racist because "they have no power" which is absolute garbage. Yeah, I tend to avoid people I think may cause me problems. Doesn't have to be race related, but if someone is wearing a tshirt with BLM, che or anything similar, I will absolutely go out of my way to avoid them and any associated problems.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No. The goal is to represent reality as honestly as I can. Is Adams a racist? I don't see where he is. But I do think one could apply bigot. A racism is a type of bigotry. But a bigot is not necessarily a racist. Part of getting reality right is using the right language to describe it.
    You worry about what the dictionary says. I lean more towards considering the total effect with regards to society. So again, you're more enamored with being technically correct with the terms than you are with what they mean in the context of current society. Words have zero meaning without considering that context, regardless of what Merriam-Webster has to say abou it.

Arguing whether it's bigotry or racism at play is much like arguing over whether something is manslaughter or murder. The effect is the same, and I'm more interested in the effect than the technicalities.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So...Ruger is ok, then? :):
    I'm kinda fond of Sigs. Walthers. M&P. Yes, 1911's. You want a Ruger, godspeed man. At least it's not a Glock. I mean. I'd drop my avid support of BigRed for mod if I found out he was a Glock fanboi.

I posted it because I actually like the Dilbert strip. I think I've even posted a few panels, if I remember correctly. I never really knew all that much about Adams, and was surprised at this level of WTF from him. And I thought that the story might have wings, and wanted to be early to post a thread about it. "Get the scoop," so to speak. Not that I'm making any money at it. :)

Plus, you can't deny that, in this current social climate, it's a hot topic.
    Okay. Why not just say that? Why dig your nails in if people on INGO don't signal their disavowal in exactly the way you expect? And, you can disagree with people without being a dick about it. Even with Trumpers.

And my only point is really...
    Sure. I think Adams is wrong to blame a whole group, especially when a majority of that group doesn't share the sentiment he finds offensive. I think if you just made that point, I don't think you'd be getting dogpiled.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have to say that I am very much ashamed that I was coerced with trickery into giving that clown Jesse Dollemore a view on his channel.

You should be ashamed OP.
    I looked at some of the other videos put out by that guy. I think he pretends to be a centrist but looks more like he's got real ass TDS, plus, appears to push a more leftwing worldvivew.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I looked at some of the other videos put out by that guy. I think he pretends to be a centrist but looks more like he's got real ass TDS, plus, appears to push a more leftwing worldvivew.
    I don't know anything about the sources, I just saw the story on Twitter and found a YouTube video that seemed to be the only one that had the interview at the time. I even provided the timestamp to skip the talking head in the YouTube video. Only posted the YouTube video because I know that many don't like to use/view Twitter.

I was right about the story being the actual news soon, though.

Fox News ok around here anymore? :)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    For sure.

The implying that Adams the ultimate white supremacists probably owns a mansion in Florida.

You know because Florida is home of the headquarters.

Guy is a nut job whacko

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom