• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Interesting thing, is that this film is breaking all kinds of records $90m this weekend. In and of itself, I think it says a lot about American's perception, and appreciation, of the military.

I wish they released this a couple months before the 2016 elections. For some reason patriotism and liberalism just seem about as strange a pizza with jolly ranchers candy on it

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I think it says a lot about American's perception, and appreciation, of the military.
    Excellent way to look at it.
    All I know is when I got home, I contacted my nephew to tell him I love him and thank him for his service. Can't wait to see him in a few months.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It was a good movie, and was real enough to make my 14yr old son talk to me openly about the consequences of military service since he aspires to be a Marine. While snipers are inherently heartless killers, their presence is needed on the modern battlefield. Overwatch not only inspires confidence in the foot soldiers, it also provides much needed backup. Is he a hero? In my mind, yes, this man saved the lives of many he never met or knew.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It was a good movie, and was real enough to make my 14yr old son talk to me openly about the consequences of military service since he aspires to be a Marine. While snipers are inherently heartless killers, their presence is needed on the modern battlefield. Overwatch not only inspires confidence in the foot soldiers, it also provides much needed backup. Is he a hero? In my mind, yes, this man saved the lives of many he never met or knew.

In a world where the word "hero" is used to casually, Kyle certainly deserves it ten fold

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I feel like going to see it again.

Did anyone see it at Imax? If so, how was it? Worth it?

You mean on the holiday tomorrow? I'd think more people would be at the movies than at work.
    I saw it at the imax. Honestly I was so into it I didn't notice the extra effects. I don't regret the imax decision though. If that helps?

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Michael Moore is the biggest coward on the face of the earth! To think of the great men that have lost their lives to protect the freedoms for this scumbag POS saddens me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last night, Brandon Morse said this... I don't think he's far off.

American Sniper pisses off the Hollywood elite so bad because it proves that Americans are still pro-American despite their best efforts. I’m calling it now. Watch for an anti-soldier/anti-America movie from Hollywood in response that will win awards but tank at the box office.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Moore is now "cowardly" trying to walk back what he said

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/557191072661909504

Lard arse said:
    Hmm. I never tweeted 1word bout AmericanSniper/ChrisKyle. I said my uncle killed by sniper in WWII; only cowards would do that 2 him, others

Oh, and Iraqis are called "savages" throughout the film.

Which is, of course, a lie. "Terrorists" are called savages.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have to disagree on that "inherently heartless killers" part. They are simply well trained soldiers doing their part in support of the mission. "Heartless", to me, implies that they do not care about their actions. I have known a couple of military snipers pretty well in my time, and have met others several times. A sniper has a very different mission than the average grunt on the ground, but the ones I have known are far from "heartless". In most cases their actions weigh heavily upon them. Theirs is a heavy burden. There are heartless troops out there in every field, but I feel to lump all soldiers possessing a certain skill set into the same category, is doing the vast majority of them a disservice.

Top Bottom