• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Because the front facing camera on iPhones reverse the image by default (who the f#@& knows why that was a good idea). Drives me crazy when I see pictures with the image reversed......

Ah, rep inbound.

So... you're saying the shooting was Steve Jobs' fault. I believe it.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If you keep watching she states he reached for his dl, and they told him not to move, and then he brought his hand back up.

I'm not saying that justifies the shooting, but when a cop is pointing a gun at you, listen very carefully, and only do exactly what he asks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you keep watching she states he reached for his dl, and they told him not to move, and then he brought his hand back up.

I'm not saying that justifies the shooting, but when a cop is pointing a gun at you, listen very carefully, and only do exactly what he asks.

Not saying it happened as you said, but is it ok for an officer to draw down on a licensed carrier because he informed that he has a gun?
    I'll be honest, I think there's a fair amount of hypocrisy concerning this instance.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Not saying it happened as you said, but is it ok for an officer to draw down on a licensed carrier because he informed that he has a gun?
    I'll be honest, I think there's a fair amount of hypocrisy concerning this instance.

Seems like a case of DWB. I haven't heard anything that implies a good reason for a drawn weapon on a traffic stop.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seems like a case of DWB. I haven't heard anything that implies a good reason for a drawn weapon on a traffic stop.

Passenger in vehicle says that their taillight, was not busted. Geez, I really hope she's talking out of turn, because it not.....whoa nelly.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Based on the video..... of someone biased.....

What if, he was reaching back and said he had a gun and the officer said "don't move". Then they guy brought his hands up quickly.... Very small differences make a huge difference to reality.

Oh, I like nearly the end of video "weez dooin nutin wrong, we had some weed in the car"

What if he had been white, instead of black? Interestingly enough, 71% of police killed (outside of traffic accidents) in the line of duty are killed by white men

Yet, it seems that black men are disproportionately shot by police.

Also, are you implying that because someone speaks in an English dialect different than yours and is in possession of a small amount of something that is now fully legal in 4 states and legal with a prescription in 24 states (numbers I expect to increase after November) including the state in which they were in, that they deserve to be shot? If so, I would ask that you take a moment to look inside and re-examine some of those beliefs because they aren't very flattering.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Right now we do not KNOW what happened. While it appears that this is the story, all we have right now is her word. Until more evidence is brought forward, all anyone is doing is doing is jumping to conclusions...

For the parts of the video I listened to so far Diamond sounds amazingly well poised for having just witnessed her boyfriend getting killed and sitting next to a dead body all the while your little kid is in the back seat. She also seems to be doing everything we expect of someone stopped by the police... respectful "yes sir", following instructions, asserting her rights within reason, doing the stuff she needs to not to get shot, asking questions... She also seems to be doing what many of us practice for if we had to defend our home, get some of the facts on record while they are fresh in our mind but not elaborating too much and running off at the mouth.

Lots more facts and information needs to be investigated as the video is all after the event. Sad another life was lost and sad an officer has to deal with having shot someone. Good shoot, bad shoot, sucks all the way around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What if he had been white, instead of black? Interestingly enough, 71% of police killed (outside of traffic accidents) in the line of duty are killed by white men

Also, are you implying that because someone speaks in an English dialect different than yours and is in possession of a small amount of something that is now fully legal in 4 states and legal with a prescription in 24 states (numbers I expect to increase after November) including the state in which they were in, that they deserve to be shot? If so, I would ask that you take a moment to look inside and re-examine some of those beliefs because they aren't very flattering.

I'm glad you said it, and not me

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis

MN is legal only for medical use. If it was legal then why did she state it was in the car under the assertion that was the only thing they were doing wrong? My comments were directed at the credibility and judgement of the only witness in the video.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    MN is legal only for medical use. If it was legal then why did she state it was in the car under the assertion that was the only thing they were doing wrong? My comments were directed at the credibility and judgement of the only witness in the video.

I'm not following? Are you saying that this couple was doing something else wrong, other than having marijuana? And it's open for discussion as to whether or not, the weed could've been pinned on the deceased, as we do not know where it was located.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    During a traffic stop- never be the first one to use the word "gun" unless the law requires you to.

I am inclined to change my opinion on this, and agree. Though, I believe the idea of a black man with a gun, to most, is scarier than a white man with a gun. I do think that played a role in this.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    During a traffic stop- never be the first one to use the word "gun" unless the law requires you to.
    That is the place I am at now. I used to think it was best to inform as a courtesy. But a guy I know informed a young state trooper he had a pistol, who drew on him and held him at gun point until he had possession of the pistol. After that I changed my mind.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That is the place I am at now. I used to think it was best to inform as a courtesy. But a guy I know informed a young state trooper he had a pistol, who drew on him and held him at gun point until he had possession of the pistol. After that I changed my mind.

Former Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell told us in class to never admit to a police officer you are carrying. But never lie to them either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Former Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell told us in class to never admit to a police officer you are carrying.

Wasn't the quote something more like, never admit to a "piece on the side"?

(Sorry for the derail....)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Though, I believe the idea of a black man with a gun, to most, is scarier than a white man with a gun. I do think that played a role in this.

Be careful there Kut....A man had to move to Cuba once for pointing out such things.....I heard he hated it (Cuba) though...

-negroes-with-guns.jpg

August_Negroes-with-Guns.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Williams

Last edited:
    Top Bottom