As much fun as a PCC is to shoot, trying to figure out where it fits in.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is where I was waiting for this thread to go and maybe it necessitates its own thread, but I read here all the time and I'm often left in complete awe at the things that normal people living in small, unassuming, normal places seem to be readying themselves for. So that said, if you think you're likely to end up in a situation where your only way out is a firearm? What does that scenario look like and how did the particulars of your life lead to that scenario playing out? Then lastly, what's your plan?

We can all post mall ninja fantasies in here all day long but without real world context that's all they are.

Yeah, being prepared for a home invasion is silly. It could never happen and even if it did just give them all of your valuables and your teen daughter and they will leave you alone.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    Yeah, being prepared for a home invasion is silly. It could never happen and even if it did just give them all of your valuables and your teen daughter and they will leave you alone.

That's not what I said at all. I think it's dumb to not have some sort of plan. I'm just saying that I read a lot of plans that sound like they're designed to repel a couple of boatloads of Somali pirates and not a couple of meth/crack heads looking for a TV.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    That's not what I said at all. I think it's dumb to not have some sort of plan. I'm just saying that I read a lot of plans that sound like they're designed to repel a couple of boatloads of Somali pirates and not a couple of meth/crack heads looking for a TV.

If faced with this situation, I believe it only ethical to put them down as humanely as possible. They do not deserve to suffer. Only question is, 9mm or 10mm?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This is the question that I'm curious about because I think we all have different answers that are related to how we think of things like PCCs. What's your personal worst case scenario?

In a normal world, a couple of home intruders. If caught by surprise, I'll be armed with a handgun. But if I have time, hear a developing situation on the police scanner or TV, etc., a PCC or rifle will come out of the safe. There was a foot chase with an armed suspect less than a mile from my house a couple of weeks ago, with IMPD deploying a drone. And I live in a pretty nice, generally safe area. It seems that thugs are fairly mobile these days.

In today's clown world, who knows what the future holds?

We're not in the most stable of times, in case you haven't noticed. :):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Where I live crime isn't to bad. However, it is very random and that is what catches many country folk unaware. We had home invaders that came from Cincinnati and was raiding homes. They shot to death a older lady just 5 miles from me because she confronted them unarmed. I knew her and her family they were anti gun. Her son after her death carries daily. It's said that it takes this kind of crime to wake people up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Was that in this thread or the other PCC thread, I seem to have missed it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Fun, is a purpose of course, but really trying to figure out where a PCC fits in with my other guns.

Perhaps that's the point, it doesn't.

I think the most common purpose I hear outside of fun and range games is HD.

Thoughts? Where did you land on PCCs?

This is the question that I'm curious about because I think we all have different answers that are related to how we think of things like PCCs. What's your personal worst case scenario?

You seem to be trying to take the thread in a different direction from the OP above.

That may be a good start for another thread, but not where this one was intended.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    I read the OPs question as "where to PCCs fit" and I thought that a practical defense application was implied in the question. There was a lot of discussion about other platforms commonly proposed for practical defense and I was trying to contribute by getting an idea of our different opinions on worst case scenario to better illustrate why some people like PCCs and some don't.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I may have inadvertantly jammed both PCC threads together...Lol.

I have followed both, and have not seen any posts that stated that they were prepping for a small war, zombies or aliens invading their living room.

All I am saying is that a thread for that may be a good idea, but that is not where any of the dozens of PCC threads have gone.

I am sitting in my recliner. I have a 1911A1 (8+1) right side, 2 8 round mags left side, my carbine (Camp 45) within reach and my 8 round Maverick next to the bed.

A few nights ago a murder suspect escaped custody and was reported within a mile of my home. I took no further precautions.

ETA I also have a dozen mags loaded with Hornaday Critical Duty next to the carbine.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    I have a Scorpion with 4 mags downstairs. All loaded with 124gr Hydra Shock +Ps and one mag of monolithic solid copper hollow points in reserve. On the couch is an FK BRNO PSD in 7.5FK loaded with S95s with an extra mag of solid copper F5s. Upstairs by the bed is a Tooth and Nail Armory MKA 1919 with a 20 round drum of 4 buck. Everything has a 300 lumen or better light on it.

And that's just my stuff. My wife packs an LC9 downstairs with a Kel Tec CMR in the rack next to my Scorpion. Upstairs she has a Makarov on her nightstand and a 20 gauge pump gun loaded with low recoil 00.

We get occasional vehicle break ins and every once in a while someone gets crazy drunk and/or methed up while they're fishing and beaches their boat across the street while they tear ass through the neighborhood. Until about 6 months ago we were content to just have a couple pistols out and keep everything else in the safe but the way things have gone from then on it's anybody's guess what'll happen next. I wasn't trying to throw stones at anybody, just looking to shoot the crap is all.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have followed both, and have not seen any posts that stated that they were prepping for a small war, zombies or aliens invading their living room.

All I am saying is that a thread for that may be a good idea, but that is not where any of the dozens of PCC threads have gone.

I am sitting in my recliner. I have a 1911A1 (8+1) right side, 2 8 round mags left side, my carbine (Camp 45) within reach and my 8 round Maverick next to the bed.

A few nights ago a murder suspect escaped custody and was reported within a mile of my home. I took no further precautions.

ETA I also have a dozen mags loaded with Hornaday Critical Duty next to the carbine.

this post is a definite poster child for reading from beginning to end....

At first I was like wow this guy is really prepared.....

Then I was like now I know why.....

I have no qualms about using my carbines. I have said before I am a firm believer in having a carbine for every pistol caliber that I own and can get. Still short a .357. Being a Beretta guy its nice to have CX4s in different calibers and different mag wells. I can swap uppers easily and use different pistol mags :)

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Where I live crime isn't to bad. However, it is very random and that is what catches many country folk unaware. We had home invaders that came from Cincinnati and was raiding homes. They shot to death a older lady just 5 miles from me because she confronted them unarmed. I knew her and her family they were anti gun. Her son after her death carries daily. It's said that it takes this kind of crime to wake people up.

I remember that crime. I think it was in Milan if I remember correctly. About 30 minutes from me so you and I are somewhat from the same neck of woods. I'm close to the Ohio border but live in the country and we do get the occasional Drugie from Cincinnati passing through trying to steal stuff like those punks that killed that lady you mention. Sad.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I read the OPs question as "where to PCCs fit" and I thought that a practical defense application was implied in the question. There was a lot of discussion about other platforms commonly proposed for practical defense and I was trying to contribute by getting an idea of our different opinions on worst case scenario to better illustrate why some people like PCCs and some don't.

I thought the same thing as you did. I think your answers were good. Some of these "regulars" want to judge others comments on how many INGO posts they have versus the quality of the post. Carry on.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    9mm will go through FAR more interior walls and hard barriers than a 5.56 will.

Ask the navy, who dropped using the 9mm sub guns on ships because of the hazard it was to everyone. They switched to a special 5.56 round with reduced ricochet chances. Quote]

9mm Hollow Points will stop the wall penetration you mention and before you say why the Navy don't use 9mm sub guns with HP is because Geneva Convention bans the use of HP.

The hollow-points, which expand when they hit flesh, are banned in warfare as inhumane by the Hague Declaration and the Geneva Conventions because they cause great damage to internal organs and tissue.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I used to have a Glock 19 paired with a Kel-Tec Sub2000 and ended up selling both and regretting it. I just picked this up today at Fort Liberty to go along with my new Glock 19 Gen 5. I see this as being very practical for home defense and something I can go to MCF&G and get better with anytime I want. Where I live I simply can’t do that with a rifle.

Attachments

• EEC79D68-2080-410D-B347-9A7AC2DA61A0.jpeg
      EEC79D68-2080-410D-B347-9A7AC2DA61A0.jpeg
      20.9 KB · Views: 14
    Top Bottom