• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I’m surprised how many religions they’ve listed below Muslim, which also throw gays off the roof of buildings.

:rockwoot:BAPTIST!!!

Wait a minute...

If I may Denny this, is it because Islam in America is a "light" form, similar to most Jews (and a minority of Catholics)? Is that even possible? Can you claim to be Muslim and just be doing it for cultural reasons and completely disassociate yourself from the theology?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Islam and homosexuality are kind of funny... If you have sex with a man because there are no goats around, in order to help curb your urges, then that is OK. Also, if you do it on Thursday before you are forgiven on Friday, then that is the most acceptable time. Meanwhile, masturbation will get you on the fast track to hell.

Or if could just be an Afghan Islamic cultural thing. I don't know if that applies to all muslim communities.

Anyway, as long as you're only having sex with men in order to sate an urge, and not because you like it, then that is OK.

Yeah, but that isn't really what a homosexual is. It is a homosexual act by a presumably heterosexual man. But what about women? Are lesbian acts allowed to satiate their urges? I kinda doubt gays would be as eager to wrap the rainbow flag around Christianity the way they do Islam, if Christianity had the same policies about gays.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yeah, but that isn't really what a homosexual is. It is a homosexual act by a presumably heterosexual man. But what about women? Are lesbian acts allowed to satiate their urges? I kinda doubt gays would be as eager to wrap the rainbow flag around Christianity the way they do Islam, if Christianity had the same policies about gays.

Now you're bending my mind. From my perspective, and by my accounting, Islamic men spending more time screwing each other than they do their wives. To me they are predominantly homosexual and engage in hetero acts simply to procreate. And yes, the ladies have their Thursday orgies as well.

I think one of the reasons Islam is so hostile towards homosexuals, is that they see so much of it in themselves.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :rockwoot:BAPTIST!!!

Wait a minute...

If I may Denny this, is it because Islam in America is a "light" form, similar to most Jews (and a minority of Catholics)? Is that even possible? Can you claim to be Muslim and just be doing it for cultural reasons and completely disassociate yourself from the theology?

No, that's not really a Denny. That Islam in the US is not as extreme as it is in the ME is understood. However, polls have shown that the Muslims trend in the direction of being more accepting of gays, and the same is true of Evangelicals (the least accepting Christian group). It's true that in some polls, Evangelicals are less "accepting" of gays than Muslims. The devil is in the details of what "accepting" means. The acceptance (Muslim or Christian) dips sharply with what people say about how important their religion is to them. But the most telling is the number of people who say homosexuality should be punished.

A belief that homosexuality should be punished is fairly high among Muslims in the US who say religion is very important to them. Most Evangelicals think homosexuality is a sin, but that sin is punished by God, not them. While they are less likely to condone gay lifestyle, Christians do not think it should be punished. Of course "punish" should probably be defined as well.

I don't think the proportion of Muslims who think gays should be thrown off of roofs is very high in the US. But it's more likely higher than the portion of Christians.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now you're bending my mind. From my perspective, and by my accounting, Islamic men spending more time screwing each other than they do their wives. To me they are predominantly homosexual and engage in hetero acts simply to procreate. And yes, the ladies have their Thursday orgies as well.

I think one of the reasons Islam is so hostile towards homosexuals, is that they see so much of it in themselves.

This is a subject I do not want to research for myself. I will simply note it and move on.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Now you're bending my mind. I'm guessing you have more experience (not that way!) in those cultures.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Now you're bending my mind. I'm guessing you have more experience (not that way!) in those cultures.

My brother's last tour in Afghanistan was attached to an ANF platoon. He learned not to enter the barracks on Thursday nights... Which prompted him to speak with their liaison at length about this fascinating culture. He found out that the homosexuality actually starts at a very young age. If you are a man who needs to "relieve" himself, the order is 1) boys 2) other men 3) goats 4) wife. Women are regarded as lower than livestock in a lot of ways. Not all men behave this way, but a large portion do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    BraveWeeBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My brother's last tour in Afghanistan was attached to an ANF platoon. He learned not to enter the barracks on Thursday nights... Which prompted him to speak with their liaison at length about this fascinating culture. He found out that the homosexuality actually starts at a very young age. If you are a man who needs to "relieve" himself, the order is 1) boys 2) other men 3) goats 4) wife. Women are regarded as lower than livestock in a lot of ways. Not all men behave this way, but a large portion do.

Then why the hijab? maybe they'd want to **** more women if women could show a bit more of themselves? I don't mean to disparage the religion, but maybe they'd find women more appealing if they didn't require them to wrap themselves head to toe in carpet.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Then why the hijab? maybe they'd want to **** more women if women could show a bit more of themselves? I don't mean to disparage the religion, but maybe they'd find women more appealing if they didn't require them to wrap themselves head to toe in carpet.

tenor.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At the risk of Dennying this discussion, Islam has a pretty wide range of beliefs in this regard across multiple countries, cultures and sects. That is to say, buggering boys...or your bunkmate, isn't the preference everywhere.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At the risk of Dennying this discussion, Islam has a pretty wide range of beliefs in this regard across multiple countries, cultures and sects. That is to say, buggering boys...or your bunkmate, isn't the preference everywhere.
    Next thing you'll be telling me is not all Baptist women wear denim skirts.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

So what you're saying is, Mayor Pete will have a lock on the American Muslim vote in 2020???

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Huh what? I thought it was the Pentecostal/Apostolic women ?

Oh boy, here we go.

Yes, the long denim skirt and t-shirt or sweatshirt combo (depending on the weather) is most certainly a Pentecostal/Apostolic thing....but it's also an Independent Baptist thing. It is not a Southern Baptist thing, nor a General Association of Regular Baptists thing, nor an American Baptist thing (which I don't really think of as "baptist")/

I grew up in a church that had been a General Association church, but didn't pay the dues or whatever and was unaffiliated with any specific brand of baptist for most of my youth. This is not to be confused with Independent Baptist that, while they don't really have an affiliation with a specific denominational group, are pretty distinctive in their personal and behavioral conservatism and sometimes their legalism. I graduated from a General Association college...but other than be "generic baptist" in their theological conservatism (back then), General Association doesn't mean that much.

I have been going to a Southern Baptist church since 1995 and am an ordained deacon, so I guess I'm Southern Baptist...though rather than denominationalism and the politics it engenders, I'm more interested in little things like believing in the Bible and having an orthodox (as opposed to capital "O" Orthodox) theology. In other words, I don't care what you call yourself, I'm interested in what you believe.

...and casseroles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's fair to assure context, but again, no Dennying happening here as I don't think the discussion about preferring goats over women extended beyond the context of Afghanistan.

Top Bottom