• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was at Pic-A-Part in Indy and talked to one of the workers there of Mexican extraction and he was so excited that a bald eagle was nesting nearby. I mean he was really thrilled. It was kind of slick.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Saw two this weekend in Jackson Co while duck hunting. One may have been a juvenile as it did not have a very distinctive white head, and the other was not close enough to get an eye on the "bald" head, but guessing based on relative size was an adult.

Amazing how beautiful and majestic they are to see in the wild. Very clear why they were chosen as a symbol of this great nation!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I learned this week a pair have lived near my neighborhood on the southeast side of Indy for some years, with recent sightings. OG and I pay attention to the hawks & falcons in our area (there are many) but we've not seen the eagles yet.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In the last week, I've had 2 sightings of a young adult/adolescent (can't really tell) bald eagle on the west side of Carmel. I've seen plenty of hawks out here over the years, and turkey vultures, but the eagle is new (to me) around here.

Pretty neat, as long as it stays away from the trash cans on trash days.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ya know... I was in Alaska for ~10 days and wanted to see some wildlife. Anything! & I saw nothing! I even went to Eagle Beach and didn't see a single Eagle. I hiked out by myself in the middle of nowhere. Saw nothing! I asked a local store where to see some. "Down near the trash dumpsters on the docks" she said. I went to three docks. Nothing!

:(

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I spotted two in a field at Muscatatuck Urban Training Center last Monday and I saw one April 7, eating a dead squirrel by a little town called Zenas. I have traveled all over the U.S. and have never seen any in the wild before this month.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    There is one around Remington somewhere. A friend saw it, and so did my daughter. Hoping I get a glimpse of him soon. Love big birds of prey, but the Bald Eagle, well that's "Merica!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    There is at least one pair at Bass Lake that has been there for a couple of years now. We also saw one in a field north of the Kankakee on State Road 35 a couple weeks ago. It was probably a mile or two from the river, and there was a deer carcass in the field it was feeding on.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Saw one flying parallel to I-64 in western Floyd county on Monday. He was only about 10 feet off the ground. There was not much traffic, only a car about 100 yards ahead of me, we both slowed to watch as the eagle landed on a downed tree.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    They are starting to become somewhat common in Indiana. My dad saw one between Greenfield and Cumberland just off US 40. I've seen them down at IUPUI a few times, usually following the river. Last week I saw two just north of Fortville. I only noticed one at first. It circled overhead for a while, going higher and higher. It finally took off due west towards Geist. I then noticed just a bit south another bird. It was another bald eagle. This one circled for just a short while and then followed the same path as the other one, but didn't fly as high.

Ya know... I was in Alaska for ~10 days and wanted to see some wildlife. Anything! & I saw nothing! I even went to Eagle Beach and didn't see a single Eagle. I hiked out by myself in the middle of nowhere. Saw nothing!

I was in Alaska last June. Saw one in a tree in Ketchikan. Saw about ten in Hoonah. Saw 100+ in Juneau, they were all sitting on these piles of dirt (dumped I think) in this swamp like area right by the main highway. There might have been close to 200 or more, they were everywhere. I don't recall seeing any during the week we spent near Denali and Anchorage.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ultimately, for as beautiful as they are, they are scavengers. If there's more food near a dump than Denali, they'll be at the dump.

Thomas13906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Greenfield
    The ones by blue river always nest in a tree really close to my dad's house so when I drive by there I always am breaking my neck checking tree tops. IMG_20130201_084450.jpg

Thomas13906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Greenfield
    Also i would see the ones off of New Road in greenfield regularly when I would go to my girlfriends house.

Attachments

• IMG_20130201_084450.jpg
      IMG_20130201_084450.jpg
      859.1 KB · Views: 2
    Top Bottom