• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just saying if that were my wife, her next stop would be to see AllanM at his shop for a body work estimate. HE's either going to leave DNA on her undercarriage or need new auto glass due to bullets exiting the vehicle at a very high rate of speed. I can easily articulate why I didnt want to be shot first.

Gun in hand is not “open carry”. Try not to lawyer this up too much.

Look at him. He obviously cant afford a holster, so this is the only way he can OC. Give him a break.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why didn't she make a report?

I ask the same thing on NextDoor all the time. So a guy is banging on your front door at 4am and all you think to do is to post on social media? What is wrong with people? At LEAST call the non emergency number if you really dont think its 911 worthy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The behavior in that pic would likely be enough for me to respond with deadly force... in the form of gratuitous use of gas pedal. There’s no reason for someone to block my vehicle, get out, and approach me with gun in hand.

Exactly and they (especially mayor over weight) would not be nimble enough to avoid my left front fender.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So here's a question (or 3). Other than blocking traffic, what crime do we have RAS for?

Did he point the gun at her? Is there an allegation that he communicated a threat to her?

Seriously.......pull a road rage, block me on the street, come at me gun in hand and I really am not thinking about any real laws being broken. I am thinking about how close he gets before I give him a shunt with my truck. Knock him out of the game and deal with it after.

Now counselor, what would you do. No snark here as it is a serious question.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by T.Lex
    So here's a question (or 3). Other than blocking traffic, what crime do we have RAS for?

Did he point the gun at her? Is there an allegation that he communicated a threat to her?

What happens to this guy if the person he blocked and approached was a police officer in a patrol car?

How about an armored car that just picked up a load from the bank?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seriously.......pull a road rage, block me on the street, come at me gun in hand and I really am not thinking about any real laws being broken. I am thinking about how close he gets before I give him a shunt with my truck. Knock him out of the game and deal with it after.

Now counselor, what would you do. No snark here as it is a serious question.
    See, I thought I explained upthread - that's not what I'm asking.

All of those things add up to a case of self defense.

One thing I want to make clear is that there are different "tests" for different things. The "test" for self defense (basically): was there a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. From a prosecutor's perspective (IMHO) it probably wouldn't be worth it to even try to overcome those facts. (And, coincidentally, the car could probably be released sooner than a firearm used in an otherwise same scenario, at least in Marion County.)

The "test" for an officer to try to stop this guy or even ask him questions is (basically): do I have a reasonable articulable suspicion of criminal activity. I don't think we're there.

If that's true, then IF an officer stopped him, and IF the officer asked him questions, and IF the guy admitted anything criminal, it would probably be suppressed. That would suck all the way around.

If I'm not mistaken, officers - here on INGO and out in the real world - get flak over not being effective. Part of that is a disconnect because people don't necessarily understand the parameters within which officers have to stay.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

What happens to this guy if the person he blocked and approached was a police officer in a patrol car?

How about an armored car that just picked up a load from the bank?

If he was walking up to a police car? In the absence of additional facts, I'm not sure what you're getting at. If the guy is approaching an officer, that's a voluntary interaction. No RAS needed.

If he's walking up to an armored car, I'm pretty sure the armored car company has a protocol for that. And that protocol probably includes getting off the X.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See, I thought I explained upthread - that's not what I'm asking.

All of those things add up to a case of self defense.

One thing I want to make clear is that there are different "tests" for different things. The "test" for self defense (basically): was there a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. From a prosecutor's perspective (IMHO) it probably wouldn't be worth it to even try to overcome those facts. (And, coincidentally, the car could probably be released sooner than a firearm used in an otherwise same scenario, at least in Marion County.)

The "test" for an officer to try to stop this guy or even ask him questions is (basically): do I have a reasonable articulable suspicion of criminal activity. I don't think we're there.

If that's true, then IF an officer stopped him, and IF the officer asked him questions, and IF the guy admitted anything criminal, it would probably be suppressed. That would suck all the way around.

If I'm not mistaken, officers - here on INGO and out in the real world - get flak over not being effective. Part of that is a disconnect because people don't necessarily understand the parameters within which officers have to stay.

Thank you. I did not read the entire thread just the quoted one.

I am pretty quick to respond. If you have ever had issues even close to this, it puts you on high alert.
    My spouse would have ended that pretty fast actually. The only danger is his little pocket gun punching a window.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Thank you. I did not read the entire thread just the quoted one.

I am pretty quick to respond. If you have ever had issues even close to this, it puts you on high alert.
    My spouse would have ended that pretty fast actually. The only danger is his little pocket gun punching a window.

Even with a full size gun, it’s exceedingly difficult to hit what you’re aiming at while being run over by an SUV.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If he was walking up to a police car? In the absence of additional facts, I'm not sure what you're getting at. If the guy is approaching an officer, that's a voluntary interaction. No RAS needed.

If he's walking up to an armored car, I'm pretty sure the armored car company has a protocol for that. And that protocol probably includes getting off the X.

In regard to what response they guy doing that is going to get.

I believe a police officer would probably have a negative reaction to that happening no matter how "innocent" the intentions of the person approaching are.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I had a guy get out of his car and walk towards me. Had kids in car, I was on blood thinners. My gun was strapped into my seatbelt. I was penned in with traffic.

made me realize I was ill-prepared. I popped seatbelt and put hand on gun but he turned around after yelling at me. Not sure how close I would have let him get before getting out of my car. Quite scary. He was nuts.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......The "test" for an officer to try to stop this guy or even ask him questions is (basically): do I have a reasonable articulable suspicion of criminal activity. I don't think we're there.....

Is it the absence of the woman making a police report? (that we know of)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In regard to what response they guy doing that is going to get.

I believe a police officer would probably have a negative reaction to that happening no matter how "innocent" the intentions of the person approaching are.

Ok. It feels like we're arguing, but I'm really not sure what we're arguing about. :)

Top Bottom