• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Question: with how easily bullets can get into and through a vehicle - why would you want to drive towards a guy holding a gun?

Better question: Which response gives the aggressor the most time to raise his gun and fire at you? An unexpected charge from a vehicle from less than 20' away or sitting in your vehicle worrying about crafty lawyers?

A deadly threat requires an immediate and overwhelmingly violent response.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Question: with how easily bullets can get into and through a vehicle - why would you want to drive towards a guy holding a gun?

Why would you want to sit and wait for him to get a tactical advantage on you. He is already exibitoa lack of intelligence by just doing this. And walking in a path that can get him ran over. He does not appear to be all that nimble so dodging is probably not an option if you time it right.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why would you want to sit and wait for him to get a tactical advantage on you. He is already exibitoa lack of intelligence by just doing this. And walking in a path that can get him ran over. He does not appear to be all that nimble so dodging is probably not an option if you time it right.
    He gained the advantage when the other person actually stopped and let the guy exit the car.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The plot thickens......

qASwhdn.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Aw, so the still image that we all created a story around was actually sort of innocuous?

Drat, ruins all the fun.

I dunno, I think there are still some INGO lessons.

Like, even IF someone is following you, it probably isn't a good idea to trade several thousand pounds of steel cage crumple zone protection for... 15 steps into the path of another vehicle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The plot thickens......

qASwhdn.jpg

Thicker indeed.

My takeaway is when something happens, make sure you are first to report. Otherwise the narrative can change dramatically. As we see, what appeared to be an aggressor, turns out to be a defender/"victim". (not saying "getting out of the boat" with gun in hand is an appropriate way to handle things)

No wonder they didnt report. "Yeah, the guy in front of me drove like an a** so I followed him for a while and he wasnt having it and confronted my stalker-ish behavior."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, if someone is following you call the freakin cops and let them handle that crap.

DON'T GET OUT OF THE CAR TO PROVOKE A CONFRONTATION.

WTH?! Use your head people.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait.

Something else just occurred to me.

If you compare the post in the OP with the most recent one... it would almost lead someone to believe... that not everything on the internet is true.

Is that really possible?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Isn't brandishing a weapon as a form of intimidation a crime? And wouldn't this count?

Not in Indiana.

At least, I *think* there was a case from the late 90s or early 2000s where a guy lifted up his shirt to flash a handgun in his waistband. On appeal, that was deemed to not be intimidation.

That's from memory, though, so someone else might be able to find the case - or a newer one.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Isn't brandishing a weapon as a form of intimidation a crime? And wouldn't this count?

Crafty lawyer: Obviously tubs was approaching his humble abode, and did not want to allow a crazed stalker near his dear family. My client witnessed the stalking man make "finger gun" and "throat cut" motions... which is a reasonable threat. My client did what needed to be done to protect himself and his family from this deranged stalker.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wait.

Something else just occurred to me.

If you compare the post in the OP with the most recent one... it would almost lead someone to believe... that not everything on the internet is true.

Is that really possible?

Doesn't really change my opinion much... Two stupids doesn't make a bad situation good.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yeah, if someone is following you call the freakin cops and let them handle that crap.

DON'T GET OUT OF THE CAR TO PROVOKE A CONFRONTATION.

WTH?! Use your head people.

Can I stay in my car, but still brandish my gun? Seems like the best of both worlds.

And people say my Mossberg Shockwave is useless. :):

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Based on the story posted from a representative of IMPD, it may not have risen to a criminal act but still not a wise way of handling the situation. By either person. Driver with camera should have gone around the guy and went about his way. Guy in pic shouldn't have got out in what could have been a perceived threatening manner.

But as a fat ass myself, I would say to all you INgo ninjas don't under estimate how quickly a big guy can move or how nimble he could be with the adrenalin pumping. I have surprised a few people how fast I can move when the need arises.
    Kinda stereotypical how some judged this guy based on his appearance too. Sorry but that just shows a lack of class guys. Yep kinda bothered me bc this dude is dressed much the same as I would.
    Almost like so many I have seen in line at gun shows with their 5.11 wardrobe or the tacticool junkie at the range who tend to speak extra loud when spewing a bs story in a show of their machismo.
    If we want to grow our community we need to be careful about how we stereotype people. This could have been a new gun ownwer who acted based on the crap he "learned" at a LGS.

Ok done with my rant. Carry on, just don't get carried away

Top Bottom