• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n3v3rtrstamor0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    :twocents: must feel pretty good to pick on older folks.you should have looked at him as your grandpa.anyways think about how you stood in his way...get some RESPECT...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Respect is earned, not given just due to age. He could have said "excuse me" instead of ramming the guy with his cart, and the BF could have moved without being asked. Sounds like there was plenty of fail on both sides.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Respect is earned, not given just due to age. He could have said "excuse me" instead of ramming the guy with his cart, and the BF could have moved without being asked. Sounds like there was plenty of fail on both sides.

Every human being deserves a basic level of respect. We call it being civil, or human rights. Some jerks made it more difficult, but that does negate my responsibility to respect the other individual. S/He is created in the image of God and deserves respect for that reason if for no other. So, I disagree with you on the earned, not given aspect, to some degree. I do understand your point, though. Guy should have acted better—at his age he should have known better.

Massad Ayoob suggests it is wiser to give way and avoid a confrontation than to demand one's own way and escalate. Never hurts to give a little respect. If the other is a jerk, everyone will see it quick enough and you will appear as a wiser and patient individual.

erinu4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Noblesville,IN
    +1, I understand the "old" man was being a jerk, but there was absolutely no reason to block him in. When I am faced with an ardent anti in a public situation, there is no need to further exacerbate the situation by blocking them or being beligerent. Granted, he was bumping his cart into the bf, but on the other hand, he was being blocked?

Winning folks over with kindness is usually key. I tend to think of folks like the "old" man as being potential allies to the Second Amendment, they just don't know it yet... :D

We did move closer to the shelf, and people kept coming the other way so he couldn't get through that's not our fault, that he couldn't get through.

erinu4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Noblesville,IN
    :twocents: must feel pretty good to pick on older folks.you should have looked at him as your grandpa.anyways think about how you stood in his way...get some RESPECT...

I do have RESPECT, if you don't RESPECT me then why should I RESPECT you? I don't care if your old or young, it goes both ways. He wasn't RESPECTING us by bumping my bf with his cart so he can get through. We did move closer to the shelf but people was coming the other way so he couldn't get through.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    At some point both ou lost respect for each other. Its not in me to disrespect anyone of any age. I do believe it should come natural. You should receive respect until proven otherwise. To me it is not earned it is disearned. In many situations in life you will learn to take the higher road and be the bigger person. Two wrongs never make a right. :twocents: Part of growing up is growing up and respecting others is part of it. BTW 50 is not old to all of us.

Last edited:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Let's not stereotype, some of us "old guys" appreciate firearms.

fighting_walter.jpg

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    At some point both ou lost respect for each other. Its not in me to disrespect anyone of any age. I do believe it should come natural. You should receive respect until proven otherwise. To me it is not earned it is disearned. In many situations in life you will learn to take the higher road and be the bigger person. Two wrongs never make a right. :twocents: Part of growing up is growing up and respecting others is part of it. BTW 50 is not old to all of us.

Excellent explanation! Your thought process is as sharp as your knives!

As for being old, I could still pass the Army physical at 59. Soon has my hips resurfacing heals up, I bet I can still pass it at 60! Still, as others have said. "Don't mess with the old guys. They're too slow to run and too old to fight. They'll just shoot you.";)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have no respect for stupid people, and there tends to be a LOT of idiots in Wally world, so I try to avoid it at all cost. (pun intended). Besides, WalMart isn't much cheaper than any place else, at least not enough to make me run the gauntlet of freaks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Every human being deserves a basic level of respect. We call it being civil, or human rights.

You are right. But BF didn't start out being a jerk... the old man started out the encounter by flaming him. Then, BF chose not to move out of the way. The old man had a basic level of respect until he opened his rude mouth and lost ground. Sounds like an even trade really.

Top Bottom