• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    BF should have called the cops and made a criminal complaint against the old man for battery.
    people are to eager to get the police involved. the guy bumped into them with the cart, not serious at all

as for the whole situation, yes the guy should have just kept his mouth shut, but being rude didnt help the situation any.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    old man seem's like a jack@$$.

Why would that be?

I've read at least a dozen threads on here with crying and belly acheing about every one in some kids way who can't stand to be held up in a store by old people, fat people, handicaped people, wheezing people on O2, people on the store scooters, people who stop to chat in the middle of the aisle, now you've got some one piddling along so slow the old tiimers are passing gas waiting on them to get out of the middle of the frigging aisle and the old man is the jack@s$$ here?

Oh maybe it was his total offensive comment equivelant to "your barn door's open kid". If you are wearing a shirt or jacket half hung up on it about 99.99% of the rest of the public probably would think they were doing you a favor mentioning it while they were trapped watching you observe the soup display like it was a TV set.

If those comments mentioned in the original post are the biggest complaint you had today... get out of the guys way.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Cause we was there first and we was looking at something on the shelf, why would we if he kept bumping my bf with his cart, if he asked nicely we would've.

...and my bf said well close your eyes then...

He tried to frigging have a civil conversation with you once and got the smarta... crack treatment. How long do you need to look at it, is this your first time in a frigging grocery store with out your mommy? A guy that old probably needed to get to the crapper to take a leak, or a dribble rather. They gotta go more than a new born you know.

erinu4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Noblesville,IN
    Why would that be?

I've read at least a dozen threads on here with crying and belly acheing about every one in some kids way who can't stand to be held up in a store by old people, fat people, handicaped people, wheezing people on O2, people on the store scooters, people who stop to chat in the middle of the aisle, now you've got some one piddling along so slow the old tiimers are passing gas waiting on them to get out of the middle of the frigging aisle and the old man is the jack@s$$ here?

Oh maybe it was his total offensive comment equivelant to "your barn door's open kid". If you are wearing a shirt or jacket half hung up on it about 99.99% of the rest of the public probably would think they were doing you a favor mentioning it while they were trapped watching you observe the soup display like it was a TV set.

If those comments mentioned in the original post are the biggest complaint you had today... get out of the guys way.

First of all we WASN'T in the MIDDLE of the aisle, second of all we didn't know he wanted us to move cause he didn't say a word that he wanted by. If we known that then we would of moved for the old grumpy guy.

erinu4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Noblesville,IN
    I should make myself clear. We wasn't in the MIDDLE of the aisle.
    2nd we didn't know he wanted by he didn't say excuse me or anything, so how would we know that he wanted us to get out of his way?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Then the guy thought we was going to move for him to let him through cause he kept bumping ino my bf with his cart, but we just stood there looking at stuff on the shelf. That's the only problem we had since he's been OCing.

Cause we was there first and we was looking at something on the shelf, why would we if he kept bumping my bf with his cart, if he asked nicely we would've.
    :rolleyes:

Wish I had a grocery cart smiley.

Last edited:

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    :rolleyes:

Wish I had a grocery cart smiley.

Here ya go!
    grocery-cart.gif

cart-animated.gif

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    First of all we WASN'T in the MIDDLE of the aisle, second of all we didn't know he wanted us to move cause he didn't say a word that he wanted by. If we known that then we would of moved for the old grumpy guy.

I hate to harp on small things, and I am generally not one to worry about the proper use of words on an internet forum, however "we" is a plural noun and requires a plural form of the verb. So for future reference it is "we were" or "we were not" or even "we weren't".

I have held back on pointing this out while reading this thread as I was thinking it has just been an oversight, but the capitalization would seem to indicate it is not.

Now, back to your regular programming...

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I hate to harp on small things, and I am generally not one to worry about the proper use of words on an internet forum, however "we" is a plural noun and requires a plural form of the verb. So for future reference it is "we were" or "we were not" or even "we weren't".

I have held back on pointing this out while reading this thread as I was thinking it has just been an oversight, but the capitalization would seem to indicate it is not.

read my mind..;)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Here ya go!
    grocery-cart.gif

cart-animated.gif

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

Thanks!

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side

I were going to say something too.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Now, ^^^^THAT^^^^ thread show why people just keep coming back to INGO. It's jam packed full of useful information, it contributes to the thread in a way that can only be described as spectacular. If only everybody could be as gosh darned concerned about other people's writing styles, I'm absolutely certain we would have world peace by now!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now, ^^^^THAT^^^^ thread show why people just keep coming back to INGO. It's jam packed full of useful information, it contributes to the thread in a way that can only be described as spectacular. If only everybody could be as gosh darned concerned about other people's writing styles, I'm absolutely certain we would have world peace by now!

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, even without the purple text... but the thread was started in relation to a question of etiquette, so I thought I'd extend that to grammar as well. Not to mention that I think every one of us wants guns owners represented in the best light possible and whether you agree with it or not, using at least reasonably formed sentences contributes to that.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    What happened to helping other gun owners become more educated in their dealings with the rest of the world? It's too late for most of us to learn grammar. High school is a distant and painful memory at this point.

To Erin, maybe next time your bf's response could be a little more educated or civil. I don't think you did anything wrong, it may have been percieved in a bad light. Besides, sometimes we just get caught in situations where nobody wins. Please don't let any comments here discourage your participation. It's good to see lady shooters around.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What happened to helping other gun owners become more educated in their dealings with the rest of the world? It's too late for most of us to learn grammar. High school is a distant and painful memory at this point.

Understood, high school and college were over 20 years ago for me as well. In any case, I was trying to help her out with her interactions with the rest of the world by providing a bit of information. In any case, I'm done on the subject.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Massad Ayoob suggests it is wiser to give way and avoid a confrontation than to demand one's own way and escalate. Never hurts to give a little respect. If the other is a jerk, everyone will see it quick enough and you will appear as a wiser and patient individual.

This is some of the best information in this thread, and definitely something to live by.

Top Bottom