• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Video just released. Police department calling it "accidental not negligent" The officer had his finger on the trigger while walking through the apartment. What I read is about negligent discharge is " Negligent Discharge – a discharge of an officer's firearm, whether intentional or not, that was primarily caused by the officer's failure to follow established safety procedures or legal justifications for deadly force." and the department isn't calling this negligence?? I totally understand it was accidental. I also understand that in a stressful situation it's easy to violate that 3rd rule. Perhaps you just can't get enough training for it.
    But this doesn't help police/civilian relationships when you dont call this what it is. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The LPD should probably have the cop who shot her on suicide watch. I don't want to even imagine being in his shoes, especially if she really took a turn for the worst. How awful.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Video just released. Police department calling it "accidental not negligent" The officer had his finger on the trigger while walking through the apartment. What I read is about negligent discharge is " Negligent Discharge – a discharge of an officer's firearm, whether intentional or not, that was primarily caused by the officer's failure to follow established safety procedures or legal justifications for deadly force." and the department isn't calling this negligence?? I totally understand it was accidental. I also understand that in a stressful situation it's easy to violate that 3rd rule. Perhaps you just can't get enough training for it.
    But this doesn't help police/civilian relationships when you dont call this what it is. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I can't.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So much for Lafayette Police Department taking responsibility for what they did. I am still furious over that press conference.

JUST DAYS BEFORE THEIR COPS SHOT EACH OTHER THE CHIEF OF THE LAFAYETTE POLICE WAS IN THE NEWSPAPER PULLING ON HIS LAPELS TELLING US SERFS HOW WE MAKE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

I am so hot right now, I need to go for walk.

Top Bottom