• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is kinda tough to combat a ambush being a public servant I think. I tend to think that if LE started using better counter ambush tactics the public would be howling. Kinda like they did and still do over the surplus MRATS. Dang I can't wait until I can walk away from this job!! I am burnt on all this radical crap that is going down in this country. Am I the only one that feels like this?

No, you're not alone. Regardless who is responsible for this tragedy, our society has become significantly more radicalized in the past 30 years.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    It is kinda tough to combat a ambush being a public servant I think. I tend to think that if LE started using better counter ambush tactics the public would be howling. Kinda like they did and still do over the surplus MRATS. Dang I can't wait until I can walk away from this job!! I am burnt on all this radical crap that is going down in this country. Am I the only one that feels like this?

Thanks for your service. Yours is a job that I dont envy. I definitely share your sentiment.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, no matter what the public position is or what events are unfolding, the government must support the police.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Didn't I see mentioned earlier in the Dallas thread that it was a one off thing and nothing to worry about going forward?

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Pre-attack:
    Improved intel gathering.

Upon attack:

Counter ambush tactics taken from the military. Realistic scenario based training to make those tactics the ingrained response. Rifle rated armor and swift access to long guns for all patrol officers.

Yep, I think LE across the country is going to have to change their MO. Or we will see more and more of what has happened recently. Prayers out to the slain/wounded officers, and their families.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    According to Huffington Post and one other news source: Gunfire between at least 2 individuals prior to the arrival of police. Suspected drug deal gone bad. Police arrival intensified shooting into a gun battle.

May not have been an "ambush". May (probably) has nothing to do with BLM.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Pre-attack:
    Improved intel gathering.

Upon attack:

Counter ambush tactics taken from the military. Realistic scenario based training to make those tactics the ingrained response. Rifle rated armor and swift access to long guns for all patrol officers.

Basic counter ambush is "turn and burn." It loses its violence of action if you say "hey, let me get in my trunk right quick and grab my patrol rifle."

The second car on scene can possibly afford that time, but the first officer is probably stuck with whatever he is carrying at the time.
    So there might be a need for changing training on exactly how these situations are approached.

But unless the attacker is truly inept, you are going to lose people in an ambush. That is the tragic reality.

This madness needs to end.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just like all violence, LE deaths have been on the decline for quite a while now (2001 being a major anomaly).

2014totalfatalities-web_custom-df784be8fe541622a01105419bc5bfbd56a9e39f-s900-c85.png

Additionally, there were 69 officer deaths in the first 7 months of 2015 (out of 130 total). We were at 63 in the first 7 of 2016.

So, is 2016 going to be a major spike, or a media-driven pseudo-spike? Much like "all violent crime", and the media doing their best to convince us it is actually on the rise?

Now, that said, targeting cops is seriously bad. Not only is it simply deplorable, it also will have EXACTLY the opposite effect as the anti-cop groups intend. Do they really think that LE will simply back down? Or will they up-armor even more?

The tin-foiler in my thinks certain groups/individuals are intentionally stirring up unrest, at the cost of a few lives here and there, to further their own goals. BLM and the like are simply useful idiots.

Prayers to these officers/deputies and their families. No one should have to go through this.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

NO, you are NOT !!!!! As a Legal, Licensed, Law Abiding, Armed Citizen, I feel the same way, you do .....

I have carried, OC, CC MORE in the past 7 years, than I have ever B4 .....

I am Head of Security at my Church, and I carried there, today, for the first time !!!!!

Just didn't feel the need to ..... Last Sun., a stranger was sitting in a car, and the pastors daughter

was afraid to walk across the parking lot .....

She texted her mother, and left .....

I was made aware of this after Service, so now I will carry, to all Church functions .....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I just heard "Shooter had AR type weapon". WTF is "type" it is or it isn't.

AR-type is a way for the media to continue the "AR-15 assault weapons bad" demonization even when they don't know what the weapon is. It is basically the same thing as their switch to "military-style" weapons terminology. The more vague, the more it seems to the uneducated public that any rifle is bad.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom