• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It would be your imagination. You would maybe be more correct, if you said that their focus has changed.... at least based on what I hear on INGO.

Interesting perspective. If true, I wonder if it was as a result of that or something else? I've not done the research, so I don't really know.

I don't know if this situation involves race. To earlier to tell. I truly hope isn't doesn't. I guess I should focus my comment a bit. I see more violence like looting rioting,, civil unrest and police shootings since Obama took office. When I say police shootings, I mean shootings involving police period.

I do not ever remember a time in my life where police have had such a big target on there backs. I haven't seen this much racial tension. I was to young to remember the 60's so I will narrow that down to "since the 70's'.

Our police are our first responders for our defense (if you are unarmed that is..). They do not need/deserve targets hung on there backs by any one our society. Whether it's a group or a individual. It's f'n wrong, period.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know if this situation involves race. To earlier to tell. I truly hope isn't doesn't. I guess I should focus my comment a bit. I see more violence like looting rioting,, civil unrest and police shootings since Obama took office. When I say police shootings, I mean shootings involving police period.

I do not ever remember a time in my life where police have had such a big target on there backs. I haven't seen this much racial tension. I was to young to remember the 60's so I will narrow that down to "since the 70's'.

Our police are our first responders for our defense (if you are unarmed that is..). They do not need/deserve targets hung on there backs by any one our society. Whether it's a group or a individual. It's f'n wrong, period.

Do you think the media may have had a hand in your perception?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Today was his birthday. What a sick way to celebrate it.

The suspect has been identified as a black male named Gavin Eugene Long of Kansas City, Missouri, sources tell CBS News. He was born on July 17, 1987.

One suspect was killed and two others might still be at large, Casey Rayborn Hicks, a spokeswoman for the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office, previously said. However, Louisiana state police said Sunday afternoon there is "no active shooter" in Baton Rouge.

Dead Baton Rouge shooter attacked police on his birthday - CBS News

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Do you think the media may have had a hand in your perception?

I am positive the media has a roll in glorifying this crap. And yes I am sure they do.

We all react differently on our perceptions. This shooting of cops is wrong. nNothing is going to change that perception to me.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Kansas City?
    I was unaware that drug deals and other crime required traveling hundreds of miles to shoot at cops.
    Yeah, nothing to see here.
    Move on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am positive the media has a roll in glorifying this crap. And yes I am sure they do.

We all react differently on our perceptions. This shooting of cops is wrong. nNothing is going to change that perception to me.

You are aware, that across all demographics, our population has increased right? Im sure you are. You should also be aware that since his election, Obama averages, by year, less intentional killings of police....since, oddly enough, the 60s.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You are aware, that across all demographics, our population has increased right? Im sure you are. You should also be aware that since his election, Obama averages, by year, less intentional killings of police....since, oddly enough, the 60s.

So you're saying that based on the data you've seen, we're not seeing increased hits on cops, but increased reporting by the media. More wedges being driven to increase the divide?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is kinda tough to combat a ambush being a public servant I think. I tend to think that if LE started using better counter ambush tactics the public would be howling. Kinda like they did and still do over the surplus MRATS. Dang I can't wait until I can walk away from this job!! I am burnt on all this radical crap that is going down in this country. Am I the only one that feels like this?
    In those threads I said if the police need military equipment to keep the peace and do the job of Law Enforcement, we're ****ed as a society. So are we there yet?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you're saying that based on the data you've seen, we're not seeing increased hits on cops, but increased reporting by the media. More wedges being driven to increase the divide?

Maybe a little of both, considering how fast information travels nowadays. But crime has, generally been trending down since what, the late 90s? Why would the media become so magically upfront and honest about that, when they skew perception on so many other things?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I have been a police officer for many years. Sadly, I subscribe to ODMP online (Officer Down Memorial Page). They will send an e-mail each time an officer is killed in the line of duty. They report shootings, wrecks, training accidents and so on. I get upset and turn it off for a while but eventually turn it back on because it is a goo training tool and it enforces me to keep focused. Try it for a while.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    30 years, I believe that the first attempt to take down one of the twin towers was in 1983. Also you can look at the Beriut bombings about the same time.

I was thinking purely domestically. If you throw open the whole world, I think you have to go back even farther, perhaps as far back as The Orange Free State and the (2nd) Boer War but at least as far as 1948, The Irgun, then Algeria etc

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I was thinking purely domestically. If you throw open the whole world, I think you have to go back even farther, perhaps as far back as The Orange Free State and the (2nd) Boer War but at least as far as 1948, The Irgun, then Algeria etc

Timothy McVey was radicalized in 1993 after Waco Texas. He was even there. I am sure his radicalization started before that. Also look at the Symbonese Liberation Army or Black Panthers in the mid to late 60's

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

So what was the rate of police killings of black men in the 1960s, for comparison' sake? So is Obama right that America has a problem, or not? Increased media reporting of this as well perhaps?

If the problem is worse after 50 years of the Great Society and $19 trillion of debt, we're done as a nation.

Top Bottom