Buck Naked Underwear from Duluth Trading Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Armachillos or Breeze Shooters for me, even better than ExOfficio, which were my go to before Duluth. I buy a bunch on their buy 3 get 1 sales.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yeah but not wanting/going to pay $30 for a pair of underwear.

Understand. But consider buying them on sale. I got some 10-15 years ago and they’re not worn out yet. It’s about the only underwear I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I like a bunch of Duluth's stuff. Wearing their Ballroom jeans right now. Have some of their khaki pants that fit will, and a few shirts. Some of their "fancier" stuff just doesn't seem to fit or wear right, though.

Gotta watch for sales.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I like a bunch of Duluth's stuff. Wearing their Ballroom jeans right now. Have some of their khaki pants that fit will, and a few shirts. Some of their "fancier" stuff just doesn't seem to fit or wear right, though.

Gotta watch for sales.

The Duluthflex five pocket jeans are the shiznett.

I also threw all my socks out (other than my Darn Tough) and replaced them with their seven year socks, which I like.

Getting on their email list and waiting for sales is pretty much the only way to go. I make a mental list of what I want, then wait for a 30% off sale.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I will only wear their boxer briefs. And their socks are awesome. I only buy when they are on sale.

I also love their Flannel shirts.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sooner or later, we all realize that Kramer was right. I have.

[video=youtube;mRVUe2Ha6dg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRVUe2Ha6dg[/video]

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I have a pair of the Buck Naked long underwear and they do make for a nice base layer.

I have 3 pairs of the fire hose pants. One pair is fleece lined and they are the favorite pants I own. I also have a pair of the firehouse flex which get a ton of wear in the summer. I like the Foreman chinos too.

All of the pants have the crotch gusset which is just so much better than a traditional pant design. Some of them are more than 4 years old and still going strong. Well worth the money.
    :lmfao: :shady:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I also love their Flannel shirts.

No. Flannel is (or at least once was) a material, not a pattern. Cotton isn't flannel. Cotton "flannel" is garbage. When it comes to flannel, it's wool or nothing.

I realize this isn't as big of an issue for most people as it is for me, but cotton clothing in the backcountry will get you killed. And now that legitimate gear companies like Patagonia are selling cotton "flannel" shirts, someone is going to end up dead. I've already had one trip out so far this winter where switching out my wool clothes for cotton would have taken my adventure from "cold, wet, lots of fun, but less than perfectly comfortable" to dangerous or life-threatening, and winter still hasn't really arrived.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    No. Flannel is (or at least once was) a material, not a pattern. Cotton isn't flannel. Cotton "flannel" is garbage. When it comes to flannel, it's wool or nothing.

I realize this isn't as big of an issue for most people as it is for me, but cotton clothing in the backcountry will get you killed. And now that legitimate gear companies like Patagonia are selling cotton "flannel" shirts, someone is going to end up dead. I've already had one trip out so far this winter where switching out my wool clothes for cotton would have taken my adventure from "cold, wet, lots of fun, but less than perfectly comfortable" to dangerous or life-threatening, and winter still hasn't really arrived.

Where do you find wool clothes then?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    TAD Gear has numerous Merino Wool offerings, along with Prometheus Design, but you have to be Johnny on the spot when stuff is released, or pay through the nose on the secondary. My everyday clothing is a combination of merino wool, technical fabrics, and cotton on top that can and will be shed as soon as wetness is imminent. You ain’t buying any of the merino or technical stuff cheap, but it more than pays for itself in durability and longevity.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Where do you find wool clothes then?

In the Indianapolis area, REI and Rusted Moon are the best bets.

But I mostly buy clothes online. Amazon, Backcountry.com, and the sale sections of various manufacturer websites.

For a good wool flannel shirt, I like Pendleton. If you think Duluth Trading is expensive clothing, though, don't even bother pricing real wool flannel.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    In the Indianapolis area, REI and Rusted Moon are the best bets.

But I mostly buy clothes online. Amazon, Backcountry.com, and the sale sections of various manufacturer websites.

For a good wool flannel shirt, I like Pendleton. If you think Duluth Trading is expensive clothing, though, don't even bother pricing real wool flannel.
    Forgot about Rusted Moon!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I waited, and now the briefs went up to 12.99. I did go ahead and get on their email list though. Question, are the "Free Range" briefs the same as Buck Naked or no? They're cotton, and the Buck Naked look like something else.

Top Bottom