Buck Naked Underwear from Duluth Trading Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well, I did it. I ordered a pair of Ballroom Jeans and 3 pairs of Buck Naked performance briefs... $81.27 after the 30% off and free shipping. :faint:

DoggyMama actually talked me into it. She made the point that I do a load of laundry every other day, if not every day, so she said to order 3 pairs and if they last as long as they say, then you're set, and you can always get more if you like them. I'm still in sticker shock. :):

We're a bad influence........in a good way.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yes you are! But DoggyMama pushed me over the edge. I can't tell you how many times I went to their website and just couldn't bring myself to order anything. :):

Mrs. Bigtanker has been know to do similar things when I seem too [STRIKE]cheap[/STRIKE] frugal to buy something nice for myself. She's a good woman.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ^^^This^^^ That's getting into the "women's" price range for underwear. For 30 bucks, I could get at least a dozen pairs of Fruit-of-the-Loom or Hanes. I'm intrigued by some of their clothing but when I see the prices... nope. Not happenin'. Besides, one of their selling points for the underwear is "no stink". I don't know about anybody else, but I change my underwear every day, so "stink" is never an issue. I guess if you are in the habit of wearing them for a week at a time or something, that might be an attractive feature. :dunno:

Quoting for proof.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The washing instructions say not to use any fabric softener. Anybody else have long(er) term use with it? I wonder why they don't want you to use any?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The washing instructions say not to use any fabric softener. Anybody else have long(er) term use with it? I wonder why they don't want you to use any?

Oh I'm gonna use fabric softener. I use fabric softener for everything, so I'm sure not going to do a load of laundry with just 3 pairs of skivvies in it.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Oh I'm gonna use fabric softener. I use fabric softener for everything, so I'm sure not going to do a load of laundry with just 3 pairs of skivvies in it.

The fabric used in any of the new Tech fabrics(Dry Tech shirts and other items) is affected by fabric softener. It reduces the effectiveness of it by plugging up the holes in the fabric which is what makes it breathable in the first place. It also messes up Microfiber clothes. Take a couple Microfiber cloths and wash one in Fabric softener and one that hasn't been and try to wipe up some water on a counter top. The Fabric Softener cloth will just smear the water around and the other will absorb it quickly in a couple of wipes.
    Actually even regular towels washed in Fabric Softener don't absorb as well as those that are not.

The new Tech Fabrics(Armichillos) are great and they are breathable and dry super fast. When using them out in the heat they will be dry in a few minutes where as cotton shirts and underwear will be wet for hours.

Looking forward to your review after doing it your way and them not doing as advertised.:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The fabric used in any of the new Tech fabrics(Dry Tech shirts and other items) is affected by fabric softener. It reduces the effectiveness of it by plugging up the holes in the fabric which is what makes it breathable in the first place. It also messes up Microfiber clothes. Take a couple Microfiber cloths and wash one in Fabric softener and one that hasn't been and try to wipe up some water on a counter top. The Fabric Softener cloth will just smear the water around and the other will absorb it quickly in a couple of wipes.
    Actually even regular towels washed in Fabric Softener don't absorb as well as those that are not.

The new Tech Fabrics(Armichillos) are great and they are breathable and dry super fast. When using them out in the heat they will be dry in a few minutes where as cotton shirts and underwear will be wet for hours.

Looking forward to your review after doing it your way and them not doing as advertised.:)

I'm sure you're right. Still not going to do a separate load for 3 pairs of undies. All my other clothes are old tech fabrics. :):

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I don't use fabric softener with anything. But jeans are about the only cotton anything that I wear anymore.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I throw a sheet of fabric softener in the dryer or else everything is stuck together in a static filled mass. I don't do it for towels or rags for the reasons stated above, though. If I could get away with not having the static issue, I wouldn't bother with it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    about 5 years ago i found tried the buck naked boxers and liked them for their durability and feel. they do last.

however 2 years ago i found something better and slightly less $$. cariloha bamboo underwear.

Cariloha Men's Bamboo Underwear (Large, Carbon Heather) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZB6DBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jOFpCb9HKKQPZ

these are so MUCH better then the ones in the OP.
    i have seen moved over to these.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    about 5 years ago i found tried the buck naked boxers and liked them for their durability and feel. they do last.

however 2 years ago i found something better and slightly less $$. cariloha bamboo underwear.

Cariloha Men's Bamboo Underwear (Large, Carbon Heather) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZB6DBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jOFpCb9HKKQPZ

these are so MUCH better then the ones in the OP.
    i have seen moved over to these.

Besides the free shipping, those are the same price at $22.00.

Top Bottom