• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But taxes require the use of force, so you're essentially condoning the use of force against your neighbor for cosmetic cover-ups. Just because you don't mind your tax dollars being spent that way, doesn't mean your neighbors are as accepting of it.

I'm actually a fence-sitter on the issue because the libertarian side of me cringes at the thought of government having anything to do that keeps it in session more than one month out of the year, sheriff excepted. But I also believe in the right of self-governance, and everything up to the state level has my grudging acceptance to behave like mini-tyrants.

Carmel is a black hole for tax dollars. My family actually lived in Homeplace (College Meadows neighborhood) and they were fighting annexation right up until the point we left (I don't know where that's at now.) One of the main reasons for opposition was the fact that that area already had city water and sewer, one of the main "benefits" Carmel was trying to sell. And for some of us, being covered by Hamilton Co. Sheriff as opposed to Carmel PD was important. When they got the message that water and sewer were non-starters, they started in with the "Well, we can give you sidewalks and streetlights." Puh-lease. Carmel will say or do anything to justify taxing.

geez, when did 88 leave 1973? As long as ive been in Carmel, HCSD has leaned heavily on CPD, when dealing with Homeplace, and the residents know and exploit it. When ever they wanted an "immediate" response they'd call CPD, not county.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think the mayor has become complacent - maybe even overconfident. The last election cycle, he had 2 guys that split any counter-establishment vote and were not good candidates anyway. Then, by sheer luck, the Libman thing popped up after the primary.

Looking at how things are run, it seems like he fully intends to keep running up debt. That's not good.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Rick Sharp is having a grassroots fundraiser ($75/individual) on Feb. 19. Send me a PM if you would like more information on it.

He has an uphill battle against the mayor, but I think his leadership would be better for the long run.

Plus, as it relates to INGO, he is a real gun owner. (I don't know if the mayor is a gun owner or not.) I also know that there are certain public buildings that are marked "no firearms allowed" that shouldn't be. I've brought it up to people, but they don't seem to care.

Moreover, when the mayor objected to the gun range coming to Carmel, it wasn't just about guns, it was about .gov messing with the private market. The current administration just isn't in touch with how things should work.

Anyway, if you're interested in supporting Rick, let me know.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And the reason Carmel is not sued is because . . . ?
    Because all the other lawsuits have turned out so well. :)

There's enough gray area as to whether they are "public" or not to make litigation a risk. It gets into public-private partnerships and such. Pretty heady stuff.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    This is about Brainard himself: Some will remember the "massage parlors" that were rampant in Carmel a few years back. My girlfriend, and 12 year old daughter were staying with me at that time. I live in a condo and a neighbor, Brenda Engle, was operating one of these "massage parlors." Being concerned with a child going to the bus stop just yards from these 'activities' I wrote a letter to our 'Dear Leader' informing him of the situation. The LEO's closed it down BUT the owner of the "parlor" wanted to know who blew the whistle on her operation. She met with Brainard who not only told her what the letter contained HE GAVE HER A COPY WITH MY PERSONAL INFO ON IT.

The owner got a stooge neighbor of hers, Donna Maitelin, to add, and delete, enough to the letter so that I appeared to be picking on a poor neighbor, well as poor as you can be when you have a condo in Carmel and drive a new Volvo. ALL WITH NO VISIBLE MEANS OF INCOME. The revised letter was read at a Homeowners meeting attended by our president at the time, Carole Gulledge, Secretary, Nel Mason, and 60-70 fellow residents.

Moral of the story is if you see a crime taking place in Carmel DO NOT REPORT IT, or your name, address and phone numbers will be given to the perp. I would save a child in a bad situation but split before the LEO's got there.

I don't know who is running against Brainard but they have my vote AND financial support.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh my.

Well, for information purposes, there are limits to what a city can keep "secret." I'm not familiar with that exact situation, so I don't know if the mayor's staff handled that properly or not. I will tell you that requests for records are usually handled almost solely by the City Attorney, Doug Haney, or his assistant.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Oh my.

Well, for information purposes, there are limits to what a city can keep "secret." I'm not familiar with that exact situation, so I don't know if the mayor's staff handled that properly or not. I will tell you that requests for records are usually handled almost solely by the City Attorney, Doug Haney, or his assistant.

The guy, a former attorney, told me that it was the mayor who gave them a copy on my complaint. He was paid, he told me through 'trade,' even though he had no license, to represent the Brenda Engle. Ms. Engle was cited, shut down, and has since moved to Indy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is about Brainard himself: Some will remember the "massage parlors" that were rampant in Carmel a few years back. My girlfriend, and 12 year old daughter were staying with me at that time. I live in a condo and a neighbor, Brenda Engle, was operating one of these "massage parlors." Being concerned with a child going to the bus stop just yards from these 'activities' I wrote a letter to our 'Dear Leader' informing him of the situation. The LEO's closed it down BUT the owner of the "parlor" wanted to know who blew the whistle on her operation. She met with Brainard who not only told her what the letter contained HE GAVE HER A COPY WITH MY PERSONAL INFO ON IT.

The owner got a stooge neighbor of hers, Donna Maitelin, to add, and delete, enough to the letter so that I appeared to be picking on a poor neighbor, well as poor as you can be when you have a condo in Carmel and drive a new Volvo. ALL WITH NO VISIBLE MEANS OF INCOME. The revised letter was read at a Homeowners meeting attended by our president at the time, Carole Gulledge, Secretary, Nel Mason, and 60-70 fellow residents.

Moral of the story is if you see a crime taking place in Carmel DO NOT REPORT IT, or your name, address and phone numbers will be given to the perp. I would save a child in a bad situation but split before the LEO's got there.

I don't know who is running against Brainard but they have my vote AND financial support.

Uhhhh.... nevermind

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Facebook thing isn't really anything new. Kinda funny that, of all things going on, THAT is what made the news.

As for that other thing... yeah... nevermind. :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Facebook thing isn't really anything new. Kinda funny that, of all things going on, THAT is what made the news.

As for that other thing... yeah... nevermind. :D

That kind of Facebook behaviour bit Pence in the ass, Braindead's not immune, either. Even when he thinks he is in his castle over there in Carmel.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Its kinda funny. I talk to people who say Mayor Brainard will be mayor for as long as he wants to be. But they say it cynically, like that's not a good thing. I think he's vulnerable in the next election.

And I think he knows it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That kind of Facebook behaviour bit Pence in the ass, Braindead's not immune, either. Even when he thinks he is in his castle over there in Carmel.

He does have a castle. He's is incredibly powerful. Sometimes the stuff amazes me, then I remember where I am.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Good grassroots fundraiser for Rick Sharp last night. Neat to see some old friends and talk some conservative politics.

This looks to be a dramatically different race than what the mayor is used to seeing.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Could you post, or P.M. me, info on how to support Rick? I would like to write a check and maybe work the phone banks.

Last time Brainard ran there were Carmel fireman IN UNIFORM standing outside Carmel Middle School passing Brainard propaganda out. Not sure how a mayor can use public employees to help with his election BUT like someone else said "I HAVE A PHONE AND A PEN. IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME WHAT I WANT I WILL JUST TAKE IT."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Couple interesting things from that announcement:
    - From what I can tell, those improvements have been "planned" - part of the Comprehensive Plan - for a long time, probably at least 4 years. So, they aren't "new" at all.
    - While they have been planned, those projects have not in the budget. They are certainly part of the "vision" but not part of the execution. According to various reports, Mayor Brainard offered no cost for the projects nor any timeline for completion.
    - Rick Sharp specifically said when he announced that he was running that he was actually going to spend money to maintain and improve the current infrastructure. Now, Mayor Brainard says that's what he's going to do now. Finally.

Top Bottom