• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't mention the POLICE DEPARTMENT................YOU DID. Please pay attention.

Perhaps you don't know how this works. My comments in this thread have been solely about CPD. Your response, to MY comments, have injected CFD. Perhaps you don't quite understand, but by you doing so, your are either trying to illustrate shared behavior, or you simply lack the ability to stay on topic. In other words, if I'm talking about CPD, and your respond with a cute story about CFD, you're backing up the wrong tree 'cause "CFD ain't CPD".... braugh.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is kinda funny.

Brainard's campaign can't spell the names of his slate correctly.

attachment.php

Thread here:
    http://carmelchatter.com/showthread.php?2278-Mayor-Gets-SLoppy

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like Brainard won his primary challenge and will be the mayor again. The people there in Carmel sure don't seem to pay a lot of attention to their governments finances. Oh, well. They make their bed then they have to sleep in it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah. About 7,500 people love what Brainard is doing and they vote. Numbers about the same as 2011, which is astounding to me.

Brainard will be mayor for life.

catalyst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Fishers
    Fishers, Noblesville, and Carmel are all following the same model of uncontrolled growth and urbanization at all costs. The only things growing are crime, traffic, and most of all, government. The main beneficiaries are the construction industry, private developers, and politicians. I have lived in Fishers for 14 years and it seems that the quality of life here has steadily been on the decline - especially in the last 5 years or so. Property values in older established neighborhoods will inevitably begin to decline, bringing with them a whole host of other issues. If there is a serious economic downturn affecting the kind of professionals that live and work in Hamilton County, these cities will regret building their fiscal house on the sand.

All you have to do is to look to some of the old manufacturing communities around the state like Muncie, Marion, Anderson -- all of which were thriving communities even 20-30 years ago -- to see the devastating combined impact of economic decline and excessive government growth and spending. I just wish that we could find some fiscally responsible politicians that are content to maintain a high quality of life in their cities while living within their means and planning responsibly for the future. Growth simply for the sake of growth is the province of fools.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fishers, Noblesville, and Carmel are all following the same model of uncontrolled growth and urbanization at all costs. The only things growing are crime, traffic, and most of all, government. The main beneficiaries are the construction industry, private developers, and politicians. I have lived in Fishers for 14 years and it seems that the quality of life here has steadily been on the decline - especially in the last 5 years or so. Property values in older established neighborhoods will inevitably begin to decline, bringing with them a whole host of other issues. If there is a serious economic downturn affecting the kind of professionals that live and work in Hamilton County, these cities will regret building their fiscal house on the sand.

All you have to do is to look to some of the old manufacturing communities around the state like Muncie, Marion, Anderson -- all of which were thriving communities even 20-30 years ago -- to see the devastating combined impact of economic decline and excessive government growth and spending. I just wish that we could find some fiscally responsible politicians that are content to maintain a high quality of life in their cities while living within their means and planning responsibly for the future. Growth simply for the sake of growth is the province of fools.

As far as Carmel and crime, we're trending down. So for us, that's incorrect. And honestly, govt really isn't growing either. Those in power, don't like to share.
    As for QoL. Life is good in CHC.... at least until that debt comes calling. Sharp had the right of it in that regard, but nobody really looks towards the future when "now" is roses.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, amongst all the personal freedom angst, the city attorney resigned. Could be a bumpy ride.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    wooooooooooo, woody rider!....(why the hell is your nickname "woody"..your name is kevin man. and your last name is rider, wtf)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is is there a news article available?

Is Carmel compromise a blueprint for state LGBT law?

Brainard did not respond to multiple messages seeking comment Tuesday. A council committee meeting to discuss the proposal was set for 5:30 p.m. Thursday. But The Star learned Tuesday evening that the meeting has tentatively been canceled, after the resignation of City Attorney Doug Haney.

It was not clear whether Haney’s resignation was related to the proposed ordinance.

IMHO, "related" only in the sense that eventually it is a single straw that "is related to" the camel's broken back.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    City now backtracking, saying Mr. Haney is on a personal leave of absence, with pay. Which, IIRC, is > $110k / yr.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    City now backtracking, saying Mr. Haney is on a personal leave of absence, with pay. Which, IIRC, is > $110k / yr.
    No wonder I didn't get an e-mail back from him about the City's response to a Nonparty Request for Production.

Know who I should contact?

Top Bottom