north/central IN

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I
    I agree. The media is literally race baiting.

I cannot recall a media headline that (would) read something like:

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed White man​

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed Latino man​

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed Asian man​

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed Scandinavian man​

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed Easter European man​

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed Slavic man​

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed Inuit man​

Pickaway County, Ohio K-9 unit attacks an unarmed Polynesian man​

If they ever did, it would be "white" with a lower-case w.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just heard that the K9 officer has been fired.
    Yep. From what I read I guess even though the use of force review board determined that the K-9 unit officer followed policy the dept fired him regardless stating that he did not live up to dept. standards. It appears that they may have done so to get out in front of a planned protest in Circleville on Saturday by a BLM affiliated group.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How do you fire someone, if he did what he was trained to do and did it by the book?
    I guess according to the dept. even though training is adhered to you still need to live up to certain dept standards.

If I remember correctly though, I think I read in an article posted upthread that the K-9 unit officer didn't initially receive any disciplinary action from the dept based on the use of force board's determination, but it appears now that they changed their tune since it has become a hot potato and he was terminated.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I guess according to the dept. even though training is adhered to you still need to live up to certain dept standards.

If I remember correctly though, I think I read in an article posted upthread that the K-9 unit officer didn't initially receive any disciplinary action from the dept based on the use of force board's determination, but it appears now that they changed their tune since it has become a hot potato and he was terminated.
    One of those articles made reference to other issues in that dept. This sounds like the upper echelon covering for themselves. It blew up so someone has to be made the sacrificial lamb.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One of those articles made reference to other issues in that dept. This sounds like the upper echelon covering for themselves. It blew up so someone has to be made the sacrificial lamb.
    Yeah, I read that a number of officers quit the dept. a while back because of issues. Seems like dept. standards wasn't a top priority back then.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    How do you fire someone, if he did what he was trained to do and did it by the book?
    Well, It will be interesting to see what comes from the Ohio Policemen's Benevolent Fund.

Ohio is an employment-at-will state, which means that in the absence of a written employment agreement or a collective bargaining agreement, either the employer or the employee may terminate employment for any reason that is not contrary to law.

Top Bottom