• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    No, I expressed surprise that officers don't always arrest immediately when witnessing illegal behavior.
    Its actually very common to consult with a prosecutor and obtain an arrest warrant at a later date for crimes, including those witnessed by law enforcement. The 4th amendment requires a warrant for arrest. Probable cause for a warrantless arrest is an exception. If there is even remote question about weather probable cause exists, deferring to the prosecutor and judge is the answer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Of course they have to compare footage of this incident with images of the 1960's civil rights struggle where dogs were used against blacks. Gotta keep stoking those racial fires.
    Right. Because the two situations were exactly the same. :rolleyes: Sometimes I just want to slap these people that make everything about race.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Its actually very common to consult with a prosecutor and obtain an arrest warrant at a later date for crimes, including those witnessed by law enforcement. The 4th amendment requires a warrant for arrest. Probable cause for a warrantless arrest is an exception. If there is even remote question about weather probable cause exists, deferring to the prosecutor and judge is the answer.
    What, Then how do you justify all of the arrests in the United States everyday that don't have warrants?
    I would say that more arrests happen without warrants than with warrants.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Well, that's BS on the truck driver's part. "I don't know why they're pulling me over." Really? After you've been running from them for 30 minutes... you just have no idea? But yeah, let's blame "whypeepo". :rolleyes:
    That’s the main thing I was referring to earlier in this thread.

Yes, it appeared to be under control by the troopers and the k9 officer looks to have really screwed up by releasing the dog, but in clown world, everyone is falling all over themselves for the “poor unarmed black man” without a word of “poor unarmed black man” being solely responsible for what happened to him!

I don’t care what color the idiot is, if he is doing something to endanger others, or even just doing petty theft for that matter, and something horrific happens to him, then oh well, **** happens.

This ass clown knew he was in serious trouble, so he played the race card, which is pretty much the go to excuse anymore. I personally don’t care how seriously the dog mauled him, maybe next time he’ll use better judgement, but I doubt that.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Of course they have to compare footage of this incident with images of the 1960's civil rights struggle where dogs were used against blacks. Gotta keep stoking those racial fires.
    But he was just turning his life around, he had a smile that would light up the room, and all he was doing was trying to deliver a load of bibles to the inner city youth ministry!

The media is just ridiculous.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Perhaps a little off topic, but will ask given experiences of some here which are different than mine.

I read the dog's original handler had passed. This handler took over.

When the dog was released, he first went to a trooper at the scene and had to be redirected to the target.

So the question... What impact does a loss of and change in handler have on a dog's behavior?

From a hunting dog perspective, I have known a number of dogs that do great with the master that trains and works with them. That can be a far cry from what they do when another is working with them.
    Just bumping again to ask if there are any informed opinions.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Just bumping again to ask if there are any informed opinions.
    A dogs handler is their main social partner. When going off task, a dog will trust his handler's instincts more than his own. It's better to keep one handler with a dog, and the handler is more in tune to the dog going off task. It's mainly trust, and training.
    But police dogs are expensive to replace, so run what you got.

The guy that was punching his dog in the face, I wouldn't trust him either. And the trainer who said it was less than optimal, please stop training dogs.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A dogs handler is their main social partner. When going off task, a dog will trust his handler's instincts more than his own. It's better to keep one handler with a dog, and the handler is more in tune to the dog going off task. It's mainly trust, and training.
    But police dogs are expensive to replace, so run what you got.

The guy that was punching his dog in the face, I wouldn't trust him either. And the trainer who said it was less than optimal, please stop training dogs.

Seems about right.

A report I read stated the dog's original handler had passed. The handler in this situation was a replacement.

I wonder how that impacted the dog. He first went towards another officer and had to be "corrected" by the handler to take a command.

Again, not my wheelhouse. I do know many dogs that do not hunt anything like they did when their original handler is not in the picture.

Of course, I've never seen somebody that had to punch their dog to get them to obey a command.

Perhaps some folks are simply really ****** handlers regardless of their "training", badge, title, or position.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Dogs are more distracted when they lose their social partner. Compounded with a new handler wouldn't be as tuned in to a dog starting to go off task, cocompound with the dog not having that trust level to instantly redirect.

The dog did eventually do what the handler asked, attack a man in a posture of surrender, which it wasn't trained to do.

Top Bottom