• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Well, for all you guys who have starved yourself because the Dr said so....I can confirm it is possible to eat and have this procedure done, all went well and no noodles clogging his view. He got 20 polyps this time...40+ the last time like 15 years ago. Guess I am just a polyp producing machine! I think the reason they tell you not to eat is because most people would overeat. I didn't tell them I didn't follow the rules.....glad it is over though.

Couple of funny things that happened. First I had this little nurse, middle age gal, that took me to room and was assisting Dr. As Dr. was injecting my IV bag she asked me to raise up so she could put a towel under me before I was knocked out. She smacked my bare butt and asked me to raise up. The Dr told her, "your cheating and doing it the easy way" so in my half stoned state I ask the nurse "Is that your job? Cleaning up this mess?" And the last thing I remember hearing was Doc saying "no, she is the fluffer queen"....I started laughing and went to sleep. When I woke up and seen her, that was the first thing that came to my mind. I didn't know what to make of it....

The other was as I am waiting to go in they bring a guy out to the room next to me that was still knocked out. They are all yelling and shaking him trying to get him woke up. His nurse said "Paul, you thirsty? Tell me what you want and I will get it" "Paul, if you can't tell me what you want I can't get it for you".......about that time Paul shouts out, "I want a whiskey and coke".

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    For those of you thinking "Ooh, I can eat during the prep because Randy said so", please don't. Follow the instructions. They are designed to allow the doctor to get a good, clear look at your colon. Why would you go to the time and expense of having this procedure done, only to take the risk of obscuring the doctor's field of vision? There's not much point in doing it if he misses something important because he can't get a good look at everything.

I've had a colonoscopy and EGD (upper scope) at least 7-8 times, and it never occurred to me to cheat on the prep or whine about not being able to eat for a few hours. Suck it up, guys.

Last edited:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    For those of you thinking "Ooh, I can eat during the prep because Randy said so", please don't. Follow the instructions. They are designed to allow the doctor to get a good, clear look at your colon. Why would you go to the time and expense of having this procedure done, only to take the risk of obscuring the doctor's field of vision? There's not much point in doing it if he misses something important because he can't get a good look at everything.

I've had a colonoscopy and EGD (upper scope) at least 7-8 times, and it never occurred to me to cheat on the prep or whine about not being able to eat for a few hours. Suck it up, guys.

Worth repeating.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Wait, so your saying I shouldn't take medical advice from CHCRandy on the Internet?

What's next, I shouldn't follow legal advice from that IANAL organization everybody always references?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wait, so your saying I shouldn't take medical advice from CHCRandy on the Internet?

What's next, I shouldn't follow legal advice from that IANAL organization everybody always references?

Nothing personal to CHCRandy but I'll take my medical advice from my doctor and my roofing advice from CHCRandy. (He's a helluva roofer) Glad it worked out for you Randy.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Well, for all you guys who have starved yourself because the Dr said so....I can confirm it is possible to eat and have this procedure done, all went well and no noodles clogging his view. He got 20 polyps this time...40+ the last time like 15 years ago. Guess I am just a polyp producing machine! I think the reason they tell you not to eat is because most people would overeat. I didn't tell them I didn't follow the rules.....glad it is over though.

Couple of funny things that happened. First I had this little nurse, middle age gal, that took me to room and was assisting Dr. As Dr. was injecting my IV bag she asked me to raise up so she could put a towel under me before I was knocked out. She smacked my bare butt and asked me to raise up. The Dr told her, "your cheating and doing it the easy way" so in my half stoned state I ask the nurse "Is that your job? Cleaning up this mess?" And the last thing I remember hearing was Doc saying "no, she is the fluffer queen"....I started laughing and went to sleep. When I woke up and seen her, that was the first thing that came to my mind. I didn't know what to make of it....

The other was as I am waiting to go in they bring a guy out to the room next to me that was still knocked out. They are all yelling and shaking him trying to get him woke up. His nurse said "Paul, you thirsty? Tell me what you want and I will get it" "Paul, if you can't tell me what you want I can't get it for you".......about that time Paul shouts out, "I want a whiskey and coke".

So I guess we can say EVERYTHING came OUT OK? ;)

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    What an adventure that was....

Thailand_cave_rescue_map_1409745.jpg

this post did get the recognition it deserves. Im laughing my a** off!

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

Probably not, but I bet they do give good colonoscopy advice. I mean, they announce their favorite orifice in all caps. They only wish there was a "" key on the keyboard to put after the "I".

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    After spending 5 hours on the toilet Tuesday night.....I really can't imagine how anything survived inside me. That is one miserable procedure. I am glad it is over for another 10 years. Just to be clear, I would never suggest people following my lead. Do as the Doc says....but I couldn't, it was either eat or go to hospital and get some IV's. I have Rhabdomyolysis and it really messes me up if I work hard, sweat and don't replenish my body.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    After spending 5 hours on the toilet Tuesday night.....I really can't imagine how anything survived inside me. That is one miserable procedure. I am glad it is over for another 10 years. Just to be clear, I would never suggest people following my lead. Do as the Doc says....but I couldn't, it was either eat or go to hospital and get some IV's. I have Rhabdomyolysis and it really messes me up if I work hard, sweat and don't replenish my body.

So cut out the hard work and sweating! I've tried to avoid it for years.:rockwoot:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    If your “liquid” poop is clear and can see thru it you should be fine.....Just follow docs instructions next time. I always laugh when my patients tell me about what they read on the ole interweb

Probably the worst is working in a car shop the last 15-20 years. You brought it to me to fix it so let me fix it.

Top Bottom